Notices

I thought this high pressure cap was radiator???

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2021 | 02:42 PM
Charles W
AutoX

Default I thought this high pressure cap was radiator???

Intention was to flush my radiator. My 2016 Cayenne hybrid had been sitting all night so was totally cooled down. I thought I was removing the radiator cap and did not see the "HIGH PRESSURE" warning. At one point 'BOOM!' The cap I was unscrewing blew straight up along with some broken plastic pieces and a long pillow looking thing as seen in images. I obviously did a stupid thing here that could have shrapneled my eyeball. Whew! Anyways can someone please tell me ...

A. What is this cap for? I think is smells diff than coolant. And Keep in mind that this is the 2016 hybrid cayennne which has seperate radiator and pump for traction battery. Yet it seems clear to me that the battery is cooled by the same coolant as the rest of the car because the seperate resevoir has the same pink colored coolant.
B. What is the name of this assembly, so I can order a replacement?
C. Any tips on how to re-pressurize or do I need to bleed anything. I also stuck a 2 foot tube down the hole where the cap was and did not get any oil or coolant on the tube. Wierd???

Old 09-15-2024 | 05:33 PM
alex1203
1st Gear

Default Same thing

[QUOTE=Charles W;17481880]Intention was to flush my radiator. My 2016 Cayenne hybrid had been sitting all night so was totally cooled down. I thought I was removing the radiator cap and did not see the "HIGH PRESSURE" warning. At one point 'BOOM!' The cap I was unscrewing blew straight up along with some broken plastic pieces and a long pillow looking thing as seen in images. I obviously did a stupid thing here that could have shrapneled my eyeball. Whew! Anyways can someone please tell me ...

A. What is this cap for? I think is smells diff than coolant. And Keep in mind that this is the 2016 hybrid cayennne which has seperate radiator and pump for traction battery. Yet it seems clear to me that the battery is cooled by the same coolant as the rest of the car because the seperate resevoir has the same pink colored coolant.
B. What is the name of this assembly, so I can order a replacement?
C. Any tips on how to re-pressurize or do I need to bleed anything. I also stuck a 2 foot tube down the hole where the cap was and did not get any oil or coolant on the tube. Wierd???

Same thing I did did you figure out what it is and what did you do to fix it?
does it run after you let that pressure out I need answers quick lol
Old 09-17-2024 | 03:09 AM
Charles W
AutoX

Yeah, my friend, that was forever a go. But I believe it was the high pressure air conditioning port But I could be wrong.

But I do recall that after searching the internet that I found the replacement part, which would have cost a lot of money through Porsche. But through a little Creative thinking.I found A generic version of the same part located at a local auto-part store. It was probably at AutoZone or O'Reilly Auto Parts. I think I began my search on eBay to find the generic model number of that part.
Old 09-17-2024 | 03:38 AM
Charles W
AutoX

I think this is it.

Universal Air Conditioner RD11174KTC A/C Receiver Drier / Desiccant Element Kit
for 2016 Porsche Cayenne

Just Google it.
Old 09-17-2024 | 03:45 AM
Charles W
AutoX

Take your pieces with you and see if this one will fit because AutoZone should have it.

Four Seasons A/C Receiver Drier 83235

But if I remember correctly, you will need an air conditioner guy to install it for you because you also lost all your air conditioning freon.

Last edited by Charles W; 09-17-2024 at 03:46 AM.

Quick Reply: I thought this high pressure cap was radiator???