Alarm Reset

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2019, 03:25 PM
enzo101395
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm Reset

Hey fellas,
So I've been dealing with my immobilizer and alarm unit (trying to program a new fob cause my dog ate my only one), and I think I've got everything sorted out. Now, my door leds are still double flashing and won't accept a new fob. I've checked EVERYTHING, and its all in order. Is there a way to reset the alarm control unit? I had gotten the car to do it once this past week, but I'm not sure what I did to do it. Of course, I messed it up again and now they're back to double flashing. I don't have an owner's manual with my car unfortunately so I'm not sure if its something that would be in there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I would stop pulling out my hair if I got the car running again
Old 06-25-2019, 03:40 PM
enzo101395
Advanced

I should also note, that while my battery was drained I did leave it on the charger all night so it should be good.
Old 06-25-2019, 04:23 PM
nine9six
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by enzo101395
I should also note, that while my battery was drained I did leave it on the charger all night so it should be good.
Its probably a good idea to validate the health, charge of the battery. A generic multimeter is a must-have tool, so if you don't have one it's probably a good idea to go get one.

The fact that the door top LEDs are still double flashing, indicates an error with the handshake between the alarm and the immobilizer. Until this is rectified, you will not be able to program a fob.

Does the fob image in the clock light up and then go out? I suspect this is not happening.

I think you should see about acquiring a digital copy of the Workshop Manual. I'm not sure the owners manual has what you need.
Old 06-25-2019, 05:09 PM
enzo101395
Advanced

The dash light works as it should. Flashes at the end of the code and i can get the car started
Old 06-25-2019, 05:12 PM
enzo101395
Advanced

Where can I get a copy of such a copy?? I've looked around but no luck
Old 06-25-2019, 05:13 PM
enzo101395
Advanced

Also, I was reading this post and the guy was able to program the fob even though the leds were double flashing
Old 06-26-2019, 12:56 PM
pp000830
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,449 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Originally Posted by enzo101395
Also, I was reading this post and the guy was able to program the fob even though the leds were double flashing
I would think if the fob mating/programming sequence works as in the lights flash when they should and the door LED flashes when you press the button on each fob you are mating at the end of the process you are good to go. In any event if your car battery is good, your cabin dome lights, frunk light, engine compartment light and glove box light work properly I would think just disconnecting the car battery and reconnecting it may clear the double flashing.
Old 06-26-2019, 01:18 PM
nine9six
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by pp000830
I would think if the fob mating/programming sequence works as in the lights flash when they should and the door LED flashes when you press the button on each fob you are mating at the end of the process you are good to go. In any event if your car battery is good, your cabin dome lights, frunk light, engine compartment light and glove box light work properly I would think just disconnecting the car battery and reconnecting it may clear the double flashing.
Well yes, because that is how things should work!

But if the door top leds are double flashing and do not slow to a single flash, then there is an issue that needs to be resolved, before fobs can be programmed.

But dont believe me...please feel free to continue on whatever path makes sense to you.
Old 06-26-2019, 08:57 PM
knorrena
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

I just recently went through this frustrating process. I would call George at Specialized ECU repair (https://www.ecudoctors.com/) . He has a world class understanding of the immobilizer and security system on the 993. I doubt you will find better.

I learned that if any of the switches the the alarm monitors are open, like the frunk or engine lid are not operating properly, the remote programming procedure will fail. You also need the 4 digit code specific to your cars immobilizer/alarm unit(s) to proceed.

That your door led flashes and you can start your car suggests to me that the immobilizer in your car has been disabled within the DME but your alarm still works, or the alarm module is faulty. The two operate independently but rely on the same broadcast from the remote. At least that's my take on it. Call Specialized, they know.

A digital version of the workshop manual is out there on the web for download.
Old 10-08-2021, 10:57 PM
TJ993
Banned

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

What is the update ?
Old 10-09-2021, 01:47 PM
systemsc
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 86 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by TJ993