Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992 911 GT3 - Deposit Placed!

Old 06-15-2019, 03:34 PM
DallasVP17
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default 992 911 GT3 - Deposit Placed!

I just wanted to share that yesterday I placed a deposit with my dealer on a 992 GT3! I'm 3rd on the order list! I'm super pumped. Currently daily driving a M3 CS, definitely looking forward to this upgrade. I had debated getting the 992 Turbo, my logic said Turbo because this will be my DD, but my emotions and heart said GT3. I've ALWAYS loved the GT cars and specifically the GT3. I new that if I followed logic and got the Turbo I wouldn't truly be happy with that decision. Anyhow, just wanted to share the good news!
Old 06-15-2019, 03:39 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,700 Likes on 2,681 Posts

Originally Posted by DallasVP17
I just wanted to share that yesterday I placed a deposit with my dealer on a 992 GT3! I'm 3rd on the order list! I'm super pumped. Currently daily driving a M3 CS, definitely looking forward to this upgrade. I had debated getting the 992 Turbo, my logic said Turbo because this will be my DD, but my emotions and heart said GT3. I've ALWAYS loved the GT cars and specifically the GT3. I new that if I followed logic and got the Turbo I wouldn't truly be happy with that decision. Anyhow, just wanted to share the good news!
Congrats! I strongly recommend Euro Delivery if you are at all inclined...
Old 06-15-2019, 03:51 PM
Gasman85
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 29 Posts

Make sure you get price at msrp in writing
Old 06-15-2019, 04:19 PM
DallasVP17
Advanced

Originally Posted by Gasman85
Make sure you get price at msrp in writing
That’s a great tip, they told me verbally they don’t price over MSRP but not in writing. I’ll request it in writing today.
Old 06-15-2019, 04:26 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

My dealer used to be MSRP only and is now in the ADM only game. Last I heard it was $125k over for the speedster so make sure you get it in writing. I still got my 3RS and 2RS at MSRP, but I'm looking for a new place to work with once I decide what direction to go - not sure I will order a Taycan and 992 C2S now as I feel like it's time for a change.
Old 06-15-2019, 05:38 PM
DallasVP17
Advanced

Originally Posted by NateOZ
My dealer used to be MSRP only and is now in the ADM only game. Last I heard it was $125k over for the speedster so make sure you get it in writing. I still got my 3RS and 2RS at MSRP, but I'm looking for a new place to work with once I decide what direction to go - not sure I will order a Taycan and 992 C2S now as I feel like it's time for a change.
Just text my sales rep asking for it in writing.. Yeah, these ADM's are getting out of control IMO. At least they still honored yours at MSRP.
Old 06-15-2019, 05:39 PM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 148 Posts

Why wait. Lots of great 991.2’s available.
Old 06-15-2019, 05:41 PM
DallasVP17
Advanced

Dealer just sent me this...

"Got your text about sending you an email about “over MSRP” at some dealerships.
Currently we do not do “over MSRP” on models of this current year.
With all things considered, years from now when the GT3 comes out / allocations become available there might be a chance that a pre purchase is needed to secure.
At this time I would not have any other information than we received your deposit and you are on the list."

Thoughts?
Old 06-15-2019, 05:49 PM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 147 Posts

"Got your text about sending you an email about “over MSRP” at some dealerships.
With all things considered, years from now when the GT3 comes out / allocations become available there might be a chance that a pre purchase is needed to secure.
At this time I would not have any other information than we received your deposit and you are on the list."

Thoughts?
Hope you want Taycan or Panamera
Old 06-15-2019, 05:51 PM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 148 Posts

Thoughts?
Haha
Old 06-15-2019, 06:05 PM
JPMD
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by NateOZ
Same happened to me with my dealership. No longer ONLY MSRP. I follow your posts and you know the game. Problem is the number of MSRP ONLY dealers was small to begin with and now has gotten even smaller. Porsche will continue to pump out allot of future GTs so allot of the future stuff will be sold at MSRP to "good" customers but "special" cars will command ADM.

Game has changed for more of us and may not be worth the time, money and aggravation.
Old 06-15-2019, 06:51 PM
DallasVP17
Advanced

Thoughts?
Questions from the email he sent to me..
1. Why is he saying it's "years" from now when the GT3 comes out? Most sources online say late 2020 as a MY2021
2. By "pre-purchase" does he mean.. must pay for the car in full before they place the order?
3. With the statement "I would not have any other information..." does that leave it open for them tacking on ADM in the future?

Any input is appreciated, this is my first car at this price point and need some advice.
Old 06-15-2019, 07:36 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,700 Likes on 2,681 Posts

Questions from the email he sent to me..
1. Why is he saying it's "years" from now when the GT3 comes out? Most sources online say late 2020 as a MY2021
2. By "pre-purchase" does he mean.. must pay for the car in full before they place the order?
3. With the statement "I would not have any other information..." does that leave it open for them tacking on ADM in the future?

Any input is appreciated, this is my first car at this price point and need some advice.
Are you dealing with Park Place? I think they are reputable and finding a dealer with better guarantees will be difficult. I’d go with the ride and hope for the best. You can always ask for your deposit back, if you don’t like their terms as things progress. Go visit and introduce yourself (if haven’t yet) and go there occasionally just to maintain some relationship. If you’re planning on ordering more Porsches (as you seemed to indicate), they should appreciate that.

GT3 usually comes in 3rd model year of generation, so I guess that is MY2021. But being 3rd in line means it could be 2 years away. He is leaving legal breathing room for adding ADM (which you can refuse and have your deposit returned), but sounds like they have never done it before and don't plan on it at this time.
Old 06-15-2019, 07:44 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,379 Likes on 718 Posts

Congrats!!

But I can not believe you are worried about a car that does not exist.

For what no one knows they could be going for under MSRP. The days are gone for over MSRP for GT3s and RSs unless they are going FI which I would not bet on

I would buy a Turbo if it is your only car and DD.

Some love to DD their GT3 but not for me. I DD a 2018 M3 and use the GT3 on weekends when weather permits.
Old 06-15-2019, 07:46 PM
DallasVP17
Advanced

Originally Posted by GrantG
Are you dealing with Park Place? I think they are reputable and finding a dealer with better guarantees will be difficult. I’d go with the ride and hope for the best. You can always ask for your deposit back, if you don’t like their terms as things progress. Go visit and introduce yourself (if haven’t yet) and go there occasionally just to maintain some relationship. If you’re planning on ordering more Porsches (as you seemed to indicate), they should appreciate that.
Yes, Park Place Grapevine. Yeah, that’s a good point, I’ll swing by there next week and introduce myself.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 992 911 GT3 - Deposit Placed!