Sponsored by:

Road America in GT2 RS & GT3 RS

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2019, 04:39 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,266 Likes on 590 Posts
Default Road America in GT2 RS & GT3 RS

Hello all, and greetings from Minneapolis en route to Road America.

This is an unusual trip, being out of my stock in trade as both cars have been out for a while now—and I've seen a lot of very good feedback from owners. Nevertheless, if you have answers and I can find them, please let me know.

I am very curious to see what I can glean from tomorrow. I have driven both cars near Weissach, and the GT2 RS on the Weissach test track (albeit at "don't offend the neighbors" speeds...), but if I can add value for those here, would love to!

Old 04-23-2019, 05:30 PM
Brosef
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

post pics and thoughts afterward. I love RA and consider it my home track, although I haven't driven it in a couple years
Old 04-23-2019, 08:07 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,317 Likes on 724 Posts

RA is awesome. The aero in these cars will probably work at 1 and Canada and even at the kink. I know At Barber it makes a reasonable difference at 4. Different game level for sure.
Old 04-23-2019, 08:20 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Thinking on this on the flights out, one thing that comes to mind in this opportunity is the chance to ask some product planning questions that might not have been apparent until the cars got out into the world. Not sure what experts will be here, or the full scope of this program, but if you've got 'em, let me know and I'll see if I can get some useful info.

Otherwise, I'll probably let the day tomorrow unfold as it does for a column (or?) in 000—but happy to add to the yield for Rennlisters if possible.
Old 04-23-2019, 08:43 PM
uniqueMR
Rennlist Member

Received 547 Likes on 414 Posts

Enjoy to fullest
Old 04-23-2019, 10:07 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,727 Likes on 914 Posts

- When and how will hybrid be introduced to GT cars?

- How much of the weight gain in the 992 do they think they'll be able to offset?

- Any plans to build a road version of the RSR?

- Will we ever see a carbon tub or double wishbone suspension in the 911 ?

- What's the displacement limit of the flat six?

- Any plans to offer an updated CGT/997.1 RS Clubsport seat with proper fit for track work?

- Why was the GT2 RS redline limited to 7,000 rpm when Ferrari and McLaren are running much higher redlines in their turbos?
Old 04-23-2019, 11:52 PM
krell
Burning Brakes

Received 154 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by stout

This is an unusual trip, being out of my stock in trade as both cars have been out for a while now—and I've seen a lot of very good feedback from owners. Nevertheless, if you have answers and I can find them, please let me know.

I am very curious to see what I can glean from tomorrow. I have driven both cars near Weissach, and the GT2 RS on the Weissach test track (albeit at "don't offend the neighbors" speeds...), but if I can add value for those here, would love to!

What's going on at Road America tomorrow? And if it's Porsche GT car related why wasn't I notified!!??

If it's something really good I'll skip work and drive up, but I don't see anything on their event calendar.
Old 04-24-2019, 12:06 AM
stout
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nizer
- When and how will hybrid be introduced to GT cars?

- How much of the weight gain in the 992 do they think they'll be able to offset?

- Any plans to build a road version of the RSR?

- Will we ever see a carbon tub or double wishbone suspension in the 911 ?

- What's the displacement limit of the flat six?

- Any plans to offer an updated CGT/997.1 RS Clubsport seat with proper fit for track work?

- Why was the GT2 RS redline limited to 7,000 rpm when Ferrari and McLaren are running much higher redlines in their turbos?
^ Now these are good questions. Not sure the right people are here for some or most of them—but there's an event not too far off that might provide some glimpses.

Originally Posted by krell
What's going on at Road America tomorrow? And if it's Porsche GT car related why wasn't I notified!!??

If it's something really good I'll skip work and drive up, but I don't see anything on their event calendar.
Media event, so it's a closed track tomorrow. And this is a very limited event...I am frankly surprised by how small, and thankful to be here.

More to come tomorrow!

'Night!
Old 04-24-2019, 12:14 AM
pranqster
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

[QUOTE=stout;15794267]Thinking on this on the flights out, one thing that comes to mind in this opportunity is the chance to ask some product planning questions that might not have been apparent until the cars got out into the world. Not sure what experts will be here, or the full scope of this program, but if you've got 'em, let me know and I'll see if I can get some useful info.

There seems to be a lot of confusion regarding the particulate filters as to whether they will show up in the US or when they will show up in the US.

Is there a basic neutral track alignment for the 992 GT3 RS (and other GT cars) with camber and castor the motorsport drivers like to start with from for both the 992 GT3 and 992 GT3 RS?

It would be nice if we had something like the Kassamul setup for the 996 GT3's that worked very well as a base to start.

I am interested for your feedback on the 992 GT3RS on the big long track at Road America (if you get to drive while there). Maybe there will be some GT3's there also.

Regards

Pranqster
Old 04-24-2019, 09:17 AM
A/S
Burning Brakes

Received 283 Likes on 130 Posts

1) Could you please have them adjust the aero package in the press GT3RS car? It takes 10 minutes, jack up the front axle from a corner and put a jack stand on the other, remove the fender grills (the mesh grills underneath), the little flaps ahead of the front wheels, and on the rear wing there are 4 positions put the bolts on the hole closest to the wing.

2) can they share the alignment specs for the press cars when used on racetracks, as well as target hot tire pressures for the stock tires?

3) Could you check if the hotshoes are running the car in comfort or sport suspension?

4) Could you check if the pro drivers at the event are running any ESC or TC assistance

5) what settings are they using on the front and rear anti-sway bars?

6) why is the car short-shifting at full throttle when driven on auto mode with the steering not straight?
Old 04-24-2019, 09:41 AM
stout
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pranqster

There seems to be a lot of confusion regarding the particulate filters as to whether they will show up in the US or when they will show up in the US.

Is there a basic neutral track alignment for the 992 GT3 RS (and other GT cars) with camber and castor the motorsport drivers like to start with from for both the 992 GT3 and 992 GT3 RS?

It would be nice if we had something like the Kassamul setup for the 996 GT3's that worked very well as a base to start.

I am interested for your feedback on the 992 GT3RS on the big long track at Road America (if you get to drive while there). Maybe there will be some GT3's there also.

Regards

Pranqster

On it. Will see what I can learn.

And will be on throttle today—and looking forward to it. One of the great tracks, from my previous (and limited) experience there.
Old 04-24-2019, 11:52 AM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 121 Posts

On it. Will see what I can learn.

And will be on throttle today—and looking forward to it. One of the great tracks, from my previous (and limited) experience there.
We expect lots of teaser pictures from you too!
Old 04-24-2019, 12:25 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Some great questions from Nizer and A/S..
Id kill for proper OEM setup number for the Ring and for Spa without having to pay Manthey for the info and their must-buy related parts.
If it works at the Ring and at Spa , it will work anywhere.
Old 04-24-2019, 02:58 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

First feedback: Do I have to drive the GT3 RS again?

More to come...
Old 04-24-2019, 03:08 PM
krell
Burning Brakes

Received 154 Likes on 96 Posts

Low 60s there today -- great track weather. Cars are probably loving the slightly cooler temps.

Can you share what this "media event' is?

Quick Reply: Road America in GT2 RS & GT3 RS