Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New GTS!

Old 04-21-2019, 06:52 PM
SFZ GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 58 Posts
Default New GTS!

Well, as of last Wednesday, 4/17, I became the new (second) 0wner of a 2011 GT Silver/Black Lthr, 6MT GTS Coupe. Bought new by another RL member, I picked it up from him in Raleigh, NC, and had a wonderful 460 mile blast home to NE Florida. It all come together amazingly fast and with huge amounts of luck and timing making it an incredibly simple deal. Had a PPI done by Kanon and his team at Carolina Exotic Car Club in Raleigh, NC. After completing the PPI and agreeing to do the deal I had Kanon install new strut mounts, Eibach Pro springs and mount spacers front and rear. Also, the folks at SharkWerks treated me right and a SW muffler bypass was rushed out and installed in time fr my drive home. Here is a pic as I was ready to leave CECC on my drive home.

Since getting home, I've done a bit of detail, installed a Tae O Tronics BT adapter (perfect integration with the OEM audio interface), CF look covers on the sun visors to cover the garish DOT arirbag warning label. Pics of these:

Finally a couple of beauty shots (the GTS, not me!!) from a local drive to a PCA Cars and Coffee in St. Augustine yesterday. Looking forward to lots of fun miles and smiles with this Porsche, my 25th in 52 years of Porsche ownership.

Last edited by SFZ GT3; 04-21-2019 at 07:10 PM.
The following users liked this post:
vision3030 (08-09-2021)
Old 04-21-2019, 07:03 PM
doclouie
Three Wheelin'

Received 188 Likes on 124 Posts

Looks great. Rather than cover up the airbag labels on the visors it would be best just remove them. A little alcohol and a paper towel will remove them forever. Just soak a paper towel in alcohol and hold it over the sticker for about 10 minutes and it will easily pull off.
Old 04-21-2019, 07:09 PM
SFZ GT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by doclouie
Looks great. Rather than cover up the airbag labels on the visors it would be best just remove them. A little alcohol and a paper towel will remove them forever. Just soak a paper towel in alcohol and hold it over the sticker for about 10 minutes and it will easily pull off.
Have done that in the past on other cars. Always seem to leave a residue or clouding. These peel off instantly and don't leave a mark.. Also the flash on the camera accentuates the contrast. In natural light, it is a subtle change in texture and color that is very "OEM like".
Old 04-21-2019, 07:16 PM
Radmd74
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default WOW

Sweetness, you know how to handle the business. Buy car, PPI and immediate mods. which BT adapter did you get exactly, I can certainly use the name or link to the device (amazon?).

Originally Posted by SFZ GT3
Well, as of last Wednesday, 4/17, I became the new (second) 0wner of a 2011 GT Silver/Black Lthr, 6MT GTS Coupe. Bought new by another RL member, I picked it up from him in Raleigh, NC, and had a wonderful 460 mile blast home to NE Florida. It all come together amazingly fast and with huge amounts of luck and timing making it an incredibly simple deal. Had a PPI done by Kanon and his team at Carolina Exotic Car Club in Raleigh, NC. After completing the PPI and agreeing to do the deal I had Kanon install new strut mounts, Eibach Pro springs and mount spacers front and rear. Also, the folks at SharkWerks treated me right and a SW muffler bypass was rushed out and installed in time fr my drive home. Here is a pic as I was ready to leave CECC on my drive home.

Since getting home, I've done a bit of detail, installed a Tae O Tronics BT adapter (perfect integration with the OEM audio interface), CF look covers on the sun visors to cover the garish DOT arirbag warning label. Pics of these:

Finally a couple of beauty shots (the GTS, not me!!) from a local drive to a PCA Cars and Coffee in St. Augustine yesterday. Looking forward to lots of fun miles and smiles with this Porsche, my 25th in 52 years of Porsche ownership.

Old 04-21-2019, 07:39 PM
SFZ GT3
Rennlist Member

Default BT adaptor

RadMD74., here is a link to what I ordered.

Amazon Amazon

Used this in 2 other cars and it is great. $23.99 Prime, and hooked up in 1 minute or less! Just be sure that your PCM is set up for AUX, USB input. It was not in mine and I had to look it up in the manual. Easy to do, but at first when I plugged in the USB and AUX cables, the PCM would not "see" them. All good after I got it properly set up in the PCM. Good luck!
Old 04-21-2019, 07:43 PM
WGJP 993
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Love this, looks great! I have complete faith you'll be a devoted caretaker while #25 is on loan to you, Steve.

I see brighter colors in your future...

Congrats and enjoy!
Old 04-21-2019, 08:47 PM
SFZ GT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by WGJP 993
Love this, looks great! I have complete faith you'll be a devoted caretaker while #25 is on loan to you, Steve.

I see brighter colors in your future...

Congrats and enjoy!
Thanks WG, appreciate the kind words and the "encouragement" on bright colors!
Old 04-22-2019, 01:27 AM
Radmd74
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Thanks

Thanks for the tips. Will give it a try. So porsche #25? that's too much fun. Ever regret giving up 1 of them along the way?

[😊QUOTE=SFZ GT3;15789594]RadMD74., here is a link to what I ordered.

Amazon Amazon

Used this in 2 other cars and it is great. $23.99 Prime, and hooked up in 1 minute or less! Just be sure that your PCM is set up for AUX, USB input. It was not in mine and I had to look it up in the manual. Easy to do, but at first when I plugged in the USB and AUX cables, the PCM would not "see" them. All good after I got it properly set up in the PCM. Good luck![/QUOTE]
Old 04-22-2019, 02:34 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,006 Likes on 714 Posts

Beauty. And a rare one at that. 997 GTS's with manual and 5 lug wheels as opposed to CL were not made in large numbers. Great thing about the 5 lug wheels is that you can fix the rather "conservative" factory offsets on the GTS with inexpensive spacers. Not an option with CL wheels where if you don't like the offsets your only option is to buy new after market wheels with custom offsets.
Old 04-22-2019, 03:51 AM
qikqbn
Rennlist Member

Received 529 Likes on 294 Posts

Congratulations on #25! Sounds like you are living a very blessed Porsche filled life! That is awesome and enjoy in great health
Old 04-22-2019, 04:07 AM
mbath
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

That is a great looking GTS and in manual! In Australia 997 GTS was only available in PDK.

Cheers Michael
Old 04-22-2019, 07:42 AM
motown12
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What a beautiful looking GTS! Congrats!
Old 04-22-2019, 08:13 AM
J.G. Rausa
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve
Spacers and springs give the GTS a most attractive stance. Being a 6MT with 5 lugs, I think it is the unicorn amoung the best mechanical 911s built. BTW, I never added oil between annual changes and followed Porsche's recommended brake-in protocol. Just don't go Ag. Best of luck.
Joe the PO.
Old 04-22-2019, 09:15 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,139 Likes on 3,912 Posts

Great car and great color. Congrats.
Old 04-22-2019, 09:52 AM
GTS Sully
Pro

Received 151 Likes on 87 Posts

Hey Steve! We met Saturday morning at the St Augustine Cars and Coffee. I was drooling at your GTS from the moment you arrived. Beautiful car. I'm sure we'll see each other at a future North FL event.

Cheers!
Tony

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New GTS!