Sponsored by:

Front & Rear parking sensors not working

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2019, 06:56 AM
acer54
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front & Rear parking sensors not working

Both my front and rear parking sensors are not working, I get an audible warning when selecting drive or reverse and the two red leds are showing on the display panels (they go off above 10mph).
Diagnostics shows all sensors front and rear to be bad, is this possible or is it something else?
Before I buy 12 new sensors hopefully I will be pointed in the right direction.
Old 04-16-2019, 12:06 PM
dr914
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

they could be out of alignment or the bracket in the bumper could be broken.
Old 04-19-2019, 05:57 AM
acer54
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dr914
they could be out of alignment or the bracket in the bumper could be broken.
Looks like the bumpers will have to be removed.
Old 06-06-2019, 12:39 PM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Damaged one on the front-left side this winter by knocking on it while trying to remove some ice. Really dumb move on my part...
Has anybody replaced one of these front sensors on a 957 and would you happen to have the VW part number handy? FYI: The sensors on the 955 are not the same as on the 957.
I'd like to tackle this repair on the weekend but I don't feel like R & R'ing the front bumper two times in a row...
Thanks!
Old 06-06-2019, 03:44 PM
DWPC
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

The odds of all ten sensors going out is astronomical. What diagnostics reader did you use? Did you accidentally turn the system off at the switch? Did you check the fuse? It's almost certainly a Bosch controller or ECU issue. Unless your diagnosis was with a Porsche reader it's worth an hour of diagnosis with Porsche or Durametric eqpt before throwing new components at the problem. I love those sensors and would take them over a camera like on my MB any time.
Old 06-06-2019, 03:55 PM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by DWPC
The odds of all ten sensors going out is astronomical. What diagnostics reader did you use? Did you accidentally turn the system off at the switch? Did you check the fuse? It's almost certainly a Bosch controller or ECU issue. Unless your diagnosis was with a Porsche reader it's worth an hour of diagnosis with Porsche or Durametric eqpt before throwing new components at the problem. I love those sensors and would take them over a camera like on my MB any time.
I used the ICar Scan tool and the diagnosis was front-left. I then used a stethoscope on each of the front sensors to verify the scanner's findings. Did I not say in my post that the front-left sensor was damaged?
I love the sensors too but I'm sure that knocking at them in the dead of winter to remove ice may be misconstrued as abusive behavior....

Quick Reply: Front & Rear parking sensors not working