Sponsored by:

Wheeler Dealers 996 Project

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2019, 01:37 PM
exthree
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Wheeler Dealers 996 Project

Watching Velocity TV today, saw a trailer for new season Wheeler Dealers beginning April 17. In that trailer saw a Porsche 996 Cab being worked on by "the guys." Interesting to watch if they address the issues we discuss on these pages. /X3

Last edited by exthree; 03-24-2019 at 04:08 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-24-2019, 01:47 PM
steam_mill
Burning Brakes

Received 280 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by exthree
Watching Velocity TV today, saw a trailer for new season Wheeler Dealers beginning April 17. In that trailer saw a Porsche 996 Cab being worked on by "the guys." Interesting to watch if they address the issues we discuss on these pages. /X3
I am a big fan of the show. I doubt they will do anything to IMS. I have been watching it for many years and miss Ed China. More fluff now.

Another great car show is Car SOS.
Old 03-24-2019, 04:24 PM
tekkie
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

yes i prefer Ed as well but cant wait to see what they do

where do you watch car sos? i cant find it online anywhere and have never seen or heard of it until now, definetly looks worth watching
Old 03-24-2019, 05:10 PM
steam_mill
Burning Brakes

Received 280 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by tekkie
yes i prefer Ed as well but cant wait to see what they do

where do you watch car sos? i cant find it online anywhere and have never seen or heard of it until now, definetly looks worth watching

I have an android box and run any one of half a dozen different apps to watch unl8mited tv programming. If you have an android phone, install an app called cyberflix. Let’s you watch just about anything.
Old 03-24-2019, 05:54 PM
tekkie
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

awesome thanks, easy to install on the amazon fire tv, watching now
Old 03-24-2019, 06:09 PM
dan_189
Race Car

Received 127 Likes on 112 Posts

Yes! I'm a massive wheeler dealers fan!

Although I too prefer Ed over Ant, and when it was in the UK.

​​​​​Subscribed to hear when it comes out
Old 03-24-2019, 07:41 PM
AnthonyGS
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 90 Posts

Where’s Edd Chyna?
Old 03-24-2019, 08:09 PM
Scott at Team Harco
Just a car guy
Rennlist Member

Received 835 Likes on 524 Posts

Originally Posted by AnthonyGS
Where’s Edd Chyna?
He's in England.

Last I knew he had a show that may only be through youtube. I did like Edd more so than Ant. But they are both good at their trade. Looking forward to the 996 episode. I have no doubt the IMSB will discussed, if not replaced.
Old 03-24-2019, 11:42 PM
NuttyProfessor
Three Wheelin'

Received 218 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by AnthonyGS
Where’s Edd Chyna?
Yea, I stopped watching it after Edd left. He really made the show complete. He left for very good reasons. He said the producers were moving in a direction that he couldn't follow. Therefore, he left quietly and on good terms. Basically he went on to say that he wanted the show to be MORE about repairing the cars rather than a lot of the buying, selling, and showcasing vendors. IMHO, the show lost it's original flare it had in the beginning before vendors and sponsors got heavily involved in the production aspects. In the beginning, it was basically Mike Brewer trying to locate unique and rare basket case cars and then Edd trying to resurrect the car with whatever tools and resources he had on hand... not relying on too many outsourced professionals. They had good chemistry between them and once Edd left well... kinda like BBC's Top Gear without Clarkson, Hammond, and May.
Old 03-24-2019, 11:43 PM
Mike Mullins
Rennlist Member

Received 283 Likes on 157 Posts
Default Great show

Interesting comments about Edd, I liked him also, but now that Ant is on the show and in So Cal, more stuff that were used to seeing redoing.

I think Ant does a better job explain what he is doing than Ed did, but it may be his personality.

You got to give him credit, He now has a smoking HOT wife. (Knocked up I read the other day.)
Old 03-25-2019, 12:49 AM
buzzbar
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like Wheeler Dealers as well, and have watched it for years. Edd China is great, but the change in the show wasn't for him, so he decided to leave. I was really ready to not like Ant Anstead, but you know what? He's really good too! I don't buy the fact that show has sold out, but it certainly has changed. If you watch the old episodes, there are parts of it that are kind of cheesy to watch now, especially how they used to show examples of the same featured car "in good nick" by another owner.

Mike Brewer is a cheeky guy, but does know his stuff. I have nothing but respect for his tenacity and know-how. One thing that I WOULD say, is that some of the "play acting" is painful to watch. They seem to have fun with it, but there is a fine line between entertainment and just letting things happen.

Oh, and yes, Ant has a stunning wife. If you don't know her, do yourself a favor and google Christina El Moussa (now Anstead).
Old 03-25-2019, 11:28 AM
MikeinBloomfield
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

Still love Wheeler Dealers, even if Edd is better than Ant. They still do decent stuff to the cars that is fun to watch.

Not hopeful they tackle any of the more complicated issues with our cars. When they did the 928 back when Edd was still on they didn't say anything about the timing belt even though the car had been sitting for a while. Ten bucks says they spend a lot of time on the top.
Old 03-25-2019, 05:07 PM
hartmn
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Mullins
Interesting comments about Edd, I liked him also, but now that Ant is on the show and in So Cal, more stuff that were used to seeing redoing.

I think Ant does a better job explain what he is doing than Ed did, but it may be his personality.

You got to give him credit, He now has a smoking HOT wife. (Knocked up I read the other day.)
Mike, I with you! I prefer Ant! And the show is better in the USA. Ed was to fluffy! And he left for all the wrong reasons IMHO. The show is better now and Ant is just as compatible mechanic if not more so!
Old 03-25-2019, 05:19 PM
michaelo
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 33 Posts

Ed and Ant are both great mechanics and explain what they are doing very well, so there is no reason to prefer one over the other. The show is still going strong and Ed should have stayed with it. He made a big career mistake for sure.
Old 03-27-2019, 01:05 AM
Bash Hat
Three Wheelin'

Received 414 Likes on 193 Posts

See “Ed China’s garage revival” on Amazon.

Quick Reply: Wheeler Dealers 996 Project