Sponsored by:

Who Uses Rennline Aluminum Floorboards and Dead Pedal

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2019, 12:19 PM
dukmon
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 81 Posts
Default Who Uses Rennline Aluminum Floorboards and Dead Pedal

Thinking of buying these...... I like the look compared to just having carpet. Who has them and what do you think? Thinking of perforated. Is it easy to clean behind them when needed? Does the passenger side floorboard reduce the legroom?
Old 03-20-2019, 01:05 PM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Haven't done the passenger side, but I really like them. Can't remember far back enough to when I didn't have them to compare, but they look great and finish off the interior IMO.
Old 03-20-2019, 01:08 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,729 Likes on 1,057 Posts

see build thread. pass side will reduce legroom a little. stuff will fall through the holes...
Old 03-20-2019, 01:25 PM
Tmistry
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 49 Posts

I have Rennline track mats and dead pedal set up. Absolutely love the clean look and sharp feel.

I came upon it accidentally. I tore out my carpet and padding in a fit of rage and didn't have a real plan for interior. Was thinking light weight RS carpet set. It was driving season so I was driving the car for a few weeks with no carpet or padding....and I loved it. It actually woke up the feel of the car.

Then I stupidly had carpet installed. Car felt numb with carpet and the pedal cluster felt tight and annoying. I tried to ignore it, having spent $1500 to have it done, I wanted to like it. Couldn't help myself, I waited a week and ripped out the brand new carpet. Put in the track mats and have been super pleased. Keep in mind my 964 is not a daily driver and I wanted a very raw and minimalist feel.

Name:  photo5.jpg
Views: 1007
Size:  239.8 KBName:  photo838.jpg
Views: 690
Size:  195.8 KBName:  photo974.jpg
Views: 828
Size:  209.6 KBName:  photo848.jpg
Views: 925
Size:  197.5 KB
Old 03-20-2019, 02:38 PM
dukmon
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 81 Posts

Ha. I have photos of your car already saved (along with many other forum members) for future ideas.
Old 03-20-2019, 10:00 PM
964Luftballoon
Pro

Received 140 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Tmistry
I have Rennline track mats and dead pedal set up. Absolutely love the clean look and sharp feel.

I came upon it accidentally. I tore out my carpet and padding in a fit of rage and didn't have a real plan for interior. Was thinking light weight RS carpet set. It was driving season so I was driving the car for a few weeks with no carpet or padding....and I loved it. It actually woke up the feel of the car.

Then I stupidly had carpet installed. Car felt numb with carpet and the pedal cluster felt tight and annoying. I tried to ignore it, having spent $1500 to have it done, I wanted to like it. Couldn't help myself, I waited a week and ripped out the brand new carpet. Put in the track mats and have been super pleased. Keep in mind my 964 is not a daily driver and I wanted a very raw and minimalist feel.

Sorry to derail for a second...Wow, that's a great looking interior...what material is that in the center console?
Old 03-22-2019, 02:00 AM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

i find the rennline metal floor board stuff frilly and unnecessary for a 964 street car - their adjustable gas pedal can be a difference maker though

kind of blingy without a real purpose, and as spyerx says, stuff falls through the holes
Old 03-22-2019, 06:50 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by golfnutintib
i find the rennline metal floor board stuff frilly and unnecessary for a 964 street car - their adjustable gas pedal can be a difference maker though

kind of blingy without a real purpose, and as spyerx says, stuff falls through the holes
A lot of truth to this. The racing mats are ok, but I prefer simple plywood and a rattle can. Cheaper, and better grip. The pedal board is worth buying (don’t get the holes, it just lets dirt in), as is the dead pedal. The pedal board eliminates the squishy plywood for a correct pedal stop. The dead pedal is far better than the vague carpet. If you’re willing to rip up the carpet, you don’t need the dead pedal either. The car has its own dead pedal built right in (you can see it in Tmistry’s last photo - that’s not a Rennline dead pedal)
Old 03-23-2019, 12:42 AM
boostedt0y
Banned

Received 79 Likes on 41 Posts

I like it. Pic from my car below

Old 03-23-2019, 01:16 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,729 Likes on 1,057 Posts

Originally Posted by golfnutintib

I've the bolt in floor boards. I like those, a lot. Mine are installed over some sound deadening to make the car a bit more tolerable on the street. The pedal/foot boards. The driver side one is good, it's stiffer than the factory wood one for clutch stop adjustment. The passenger side is frankly jewelry :-)
I love the adjustable gas pedal, i should have put that in a long time ago.
Old 03-26-2019, 09:22 AM
eddieb4
Rennlist Member

Received 194 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by Tmistry

Attachment 1301780Attachment 1301783Attachment 1301781Attachment 1301782
Awesome interior! Which recaros are those and where did you source?
Old 03-26-2019, 09:32 AM
eddieb4
Rennlist Member

Received 194 Likes on 114 Posts

Rennline boards are installed over carpet ... pedals are great.
Old 03-26-2019, 08:10 PM
jonathant
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Tmistry I’ll second eddieb’s question: which seats are those? They look great, I’d like to add them to my mod list.
Old 03-26-2019, 09:48 PM
LPMM
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by eddieb4
Awesome interior! Which recaros are those and where did you source?
They look like Recaro LXC. The LXB are the same but without the thigh extender. The LS versions (both C & B) have more pronounced back bolsters.
Old 03-27-2019, 09:06 AM
Streetdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the pedals and passenger floorboards. I really like the look. Makes me feel like i have a poor man’s Singer. I did get custom floormats from cocomats to get a better look. They send you a template and you can make it exactly the shape you want. Cool feature. I showed all of the pedal hardware. Boostedboy you should check it out. No more floormats riding up on your pedals.
I agree the passenger mat takes a little of the already small legroom. May skip that one. I also thought of the airbag delete. But then it gets to be too many holes! I think it ties in the prototipo wheel as well with the holes.

Quick Reply: Who Uses Rennline Aluminum Floorboards and Dead Pedal