Macan 2014-Current

Macan S Running Boards

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 06:09 PM
mikemdd
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Macan S Running Boards

Have a 2018 Macan S with factory running boards. They look awesome, but do not play well with the 18 way adaptive seats when entering and exiting. Has anyone ever removed them (or added them) and know how difficult it is to do? Parts needed for replacement? If I do remove them, they will be available if anyone is interested. Thanks
Old 02-05-2019, 07:49 PM
wwahl
Pro

Received 130 Likes on 106 Posts

Take a picture to show us.
Old 02-06-2019, 12:12 AM
mikemdd
Racer

Originally Posted by wwahl
Take a picture to show us.
I’ll take a couple and post.
Old 02-07-2019, 11:21 AM
mikemdd
Racer

As suggested, here are a few pictures of the side boards. They look great but as noted earlier, are somewhat awkward with the 18 way seats (high side bolsters). I have scheduled to have them replaced. The sideboards are integrated into the bottom side rail with special brackets and are rock solid. I will have the sideboards along with brackets available. I think it was a $1300 option from the factory. If you buy the parts, I believe it is north of $1500. Anyway, they will be available locally if anyone is interested. They are painted in Agate Grey.
Old 02-07-2019, 04:56 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 162 Likes on 126 Posts

It appears that you might need to replace the rocker trim pieces if you remove the running boards, with the way they're mounted? Not sure of that, but it sort of seems that way in looking at your photos.
Old 02-07-2019, 06:36 PM
mikemdd
Racer

Originally Posted by CarGuyNVA
It appears that you might need to replace the rocker trim pieces if you remove the running boards, with the way they're mounted? Not sure of that, but it sort of seems that way in looking at your photos.
Yes, new rocker panels are needed, as well as some different braces vs. the running boards. The running boards are actually integral to the rocker panels that provides a very clean look. Parts will be around $950 but labor is pretty small as the shop says the changeover is not a big deal. I'm having a Porsche factory authorized shop do the work.
Old 02-16-2019, 03:38 PM
mikemdd
Racer

Ok. Got the running boards replaced yesterday. I asked for them to save all the parts, which they did. I can't vouch for the difficulty for installing, but it seemed to be pretty straight forward to replace. Anyway, if anyone is interested in the running boards and parts they removed, let me know by PM. Again, the color, as you can see from the pictures above, is Agate Grey. Given the size, only local pick up makes sense. Thanks!
Old 02-17-2019, 08:15 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemdd
Ok. Got the running boards replaced yesterday. I asked for them to save all the parts, which they did. I can't vouch for the difficulty for installing, but it seemed to be pretty straight forward to replace. Anyway, if anyone is interested in the running boards and parts they removed, let me know by PM. Again, the color, as you can see from the pictures above, is Agate Grey. Given the size, only local pick up makes sense. Thanks!
Where is local pick-up - I must have missed it.
Old 02-17-2019, 08:38 AM
mikemdd
Racer

Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Where is local pick-up - I must have missed it.
Sorry....Chicagoland area
Old 04-13-2019, 05:47 PM
mikemdd
Racer

Just listed the running boards for sale in the New Classifieds section of the forum. All parts included w/local pickup (Northwest suburbs of Chicago). $400
The following users liked this post:
Seung-Min Park (03-16-2021)
Old 08-26-2019, 02:55 PM
mikemdd
Racer

Just renewed the ad in Classifieds. Will be selling the Macan S so if running boards not sold, will include them when I sell it. Thanks!
Old 08-26-2019, 03:46 PM
evil panda
Racer

Received 146 Likes on 73 Posts

Maybe consider including the running boards when you sell it? Or at least wait to get rid of them until after you sell the vehicle. An astute buyer might notice that the option/build sheet shows that running boards were included in the build and would want to have them.

Nice job removing them btw. I specced them on my wife’s former Turbo and she HATED them. Would not let me hear the end of it...how they sucked, they would get hot under the sun and burn her legs, were placed at such a weird height to actually make it harder to get into the vehicle...if i still had the car i would have removed them too just for a bit of peace
Old 08-26-2019, 03:55 PM
mikemdd
Racer

Definitely a matter of preference. For me they we great and looked awesome. For my wife, who is pretty short, the step up was not good for her.
Old 03-14-2020, 07:10 PM
mattgold
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know I'm reviving a VERY old thread - but I am not yet able to private message.

If these are still available, I'm interested and not *too* far.

If you cannot PM me (not sure if its a one way block due to low post count) you can find me on virtually every other forum with the same screen name.
Old 03-14-2020, 07:57 PM
mikemdd
Racer

Originally Posted by mattgold
I know I'm reviving a VERY old thread - but I am not yet able to private message.

If these are still available, I'm interested and not *too* far.

If you cannot PM me (not sure if its a one way block due to low post count) you can find me on virtually every other forum with the same screen name.
Yes, these are still in my garage. Have not been able to figure out how to Private Message you.

Quick Reply: Macan S Running Boards