Sponsored by:

Tune for 991.2 GTS

Old 01-15-2019, 09:54 PM
Bill_76
Pro

Received 442 Likes on 201 Posts
Default Tune for 991.2 GTS

Hi!

Last question before to start the build of the 991.2 GTS. I decided to install H&R springs, but not what tune to go with.

Living in Hollywood, FL I have the option to go with GIAC at Champion Motorsport or Hydratune from Hydra Motor Works (their own tune). Cobb not being an option now because I do not have a shop to take out the Ecu, sent to cobb and re-install it that gives to me confidence.

So, what do you think the best option? Giac sometimes I read that you not get the best gains, but doing in Champion it suppose to mantain the oem warranty...

Thank you!!
Old 01-15-2019, 10:33 PM
TXGold
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

GIAC has always sucked and limits what you get big time. I’d go with Protomotive or possibly since so close Hydra. A couple guys here are super pumped about their tunes. Local etc. Protomotive has been great for me and is one of a few companies that have been around a long time and have a proven track record. I highly recommend you call Todd at Protomotive and then call Hydra and decide from there.
Old 01-16-2019, 12:06 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,364 Likes on 2,307 Posts

Search these forums on Hydra, who I may use since I am in FL...nice reason to take a trip to the south and warm up during the winter.
Old 01-16-2019, 02:01 AM
arter
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 92 Posts

All three options require that you take out the ECU to be unlocked.
You could have Champion or Hydra do that for you to do a Cobb tune if you wish.
None of them retain the OEM warranty if push come to shove.
Old 01-16-2019, 04:51 AM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,438 Likes on 776 Posts

Go to Hydra. They will take care of everything along with a custom dyno tune.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:44 AM
mistaacme
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My recommendation is to reach out to Brian at Above and Beyond Performance in West Palm Beach. Not the closest drive, but he's super knowledgeable with Porsche's and other performance cars. I had a DME tune done in NJ, but would have brought the car to him if it was down here originally.
Old 01-16-2019, 04:39 PM
Hydra Motor Works
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill_76
Hi!

Last question before to start the build of the 991.2 GTS. I decided to install H&R springs, but not what tune to go with.

Living in Hollywood, FL I have the option to go with GIAC at Champion Motorsport or Hydratune from Hydra Motor Works (their own tune). Cobb not being an option now because I do not have a shop to take out the Ecu, sent to cobb and re-install it that gives to me confidence.

So, what do you think the best option? Giac sometimes I read that you not get the best gains, but doing in Champion it suppose to mantain the oem warranty...

Thank you!!
Bill,

We would love to have you in for the tune. We do a handful of the 991.2's and I haven't had one customer leave here without being blown away. Our results on that car are incredible.

Sending you a PM - I'd love to chat more!
Old 01-16-2019, 04:43 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,364 Likes on 2,307 Posts

Originally Posted by Hydra Motor Work
Bill,

We would love to have you in for the tune. We do a handful of the 991.2's and I haven't had one customer leave here without being blown away. Our results on that car are incredible.

Check your PMs - I'd love to chat more!
If I decided to make a road trip down from Palm Coast one day is there a possibility of doing a tune while I wait? I could drive down early one day so you could start early.
Old 01-16-2019, 04:45 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,438 Likes on 776 Posts

Originally Posted by Hydra Motor Work
Bill,

Sending you a PM - I'd love to chat more!
I highly recommend Hydra. Bobby was great with my GTS and my car is soooo much better after the retune!
Old 01-16-2019, 05:16 PM
Hydra Motor Works
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
If I decided to make a road trip down from Palm Coast one day is there a possibility of doing a tune while I wait? I could drive down early one day so you could start early.
Bob,

We can definitely get the tune done while you wait for it as long as we schedule accordingly!

I am going to shoot you a PM as well!

Originally Posted by flsupraguy
I highly recommend Hydra. Bobby was great with my GTS and my car is soooo much better after the retune!
Thank you so much! It has been a pleasure working with you thus far - can't wait for your next project!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tune for 991.2 GTS