Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Reviews of Racers 360 Service?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2018, 01:58 PM
Dr911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Any Reviews of Racers 360 Service?

Although I've had excellent experience with live coaches at track, follow up scheduling can get tricky.

To try and fill the gap I'm looking for options.

Has anyone used either of the packages that is offered by Racers 360?

It seems affordable BUT the down side it you're not in real time/at the track to be able to implement the feedback while the neurons and tires are hot.
Their website posts very positive reviews, but see the first 2 words in this sentence.
The free content looks pretty good, and the staff looks top notch.

For anyone who's worked with them, here's what I'd like to know:

--how did you receive the feedback: was it email, phone call, notes?
--what was the follow up availability of your coach after your session?
--if you used it more than once, were you able to keep continuity with the same coach that worked with you before?
--what was the quality and tone of the coaching you received?

In this spirit of this forum, let me clarify that this isn't an invitation to disparage anyone.
Of course, fair criticism/opinions are fine, but I'd request that if there is a horror story, please share by pm.

Thanks in advance,
A.

Here's their link. https://racers360.com/about-us/

Last edited by Dr911; 11-17-2018 at 11:47 AM.
Old 11-16-2018, 02:58 PM
Thundermoose
Burning Brakes

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts

There have been several positive reviews posted in this sub forum. I have not had any personal experience.
Old 11-16-2018, 02:58 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 791 Likes on 509 Posts

I think you'll find a few reviews if you search here. Dion vM is awesome! I've worked with him a bit and watched him in action with a few of professional racing clients. Everything I've seen is top notch.

I had sent him a video of a single lap and he sent back a critique on top of it. He paused it, made notes on the video, and spoke during it. He also emailed and gave me a phone call (not sure if he still calls or not). He also followed up after my next event. He's always been responsive to email.

I thought his quality and tone were great. I could see why he's worked as a coach to many top level gentleman drivers. He's great and has driven all the latest top level cars along with a range of classics.

I recommend him to people all the time without any reservations.
The following users liked this post:
Paul Solk (07-15-2019)
Old 11-16-2018, 03:58 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,908 Likes on 1,705 Posts

DvM is great and his program is well done. I’ve been on staff with him since the service started. It’s a good deal.
The following users liked this post:
Paul Solk (07-15-2019)
Old 11-16-2018, 11:11 PM
trader247
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The service is Top Notch. Dion is excellent. You are getting to work with a real pro. He can watch your video from across the country and provide excellent feedback and advice. I have been using on track coaches since I started and Dion was able to nail how to help me work towards some next level stuff. I can't say enough about the quality and value. The coaching is significantly under priced.
Old 11-17-2018, 08:21 AM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 787 Likes on 401 Posts

Q: how did you receive the feedback: was it email, phone call, notes?
A: Dion sent a private link to a video of the lap with him talking overlaid. He pauses the lap at pretty much every corner and talks thru what he sees and draws on the video for specific points (e.g. you should be here for turn in). The videos I got back were ~20 mins long, so he is spending a decent chunk of time on analyzing each lap. There is a sample video on the home page.

Q: what was the follow up availability of your coach after your session?
A: don’t know, didn’t ask.

Q: if you used it more than once, were you able to keep continuity with the same coach that worked with you before?
A: Yes. All the times I’ve used it has been Dion

Q; what was the quality and tone of the coaching you received?
A: Awesome! Dion gave me very practical thing I could do to improve. I have seen other coaches working with friends give what I consider throw away advice like “you need to trail brake more.” Dion’s advice was much more specific and cause/effect such as “if you are 2-3 feet further left here, you can apply the throttle at this specific point and open the wheel sooner here” all along with the landmarks on the track.
Old 11-17-2018, 10:33 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ProCoach
DvM is great and his program is well done. I’ve been on staff with him since the service started. It’s a good deal.
I don't recall that it was anyone besides Dion when it started? I know when I did it back in April, it was only Dion and he has added folks as it has become more popular. I know he has some great things in the works too.

Definitely some great coaching options, value, and resources available now!
Old 11-17-2018, 10:38 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
I don't recall that it was anyone besides Dion when it started?
Matt, you really need to get out more.

https://racers360.com/racecar-coaches/

Been in since the beginning...
Old 11-17-2018, 11:07 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Edit: Sorry for Kiborting things.

Dion is great and I think (and hope) that Racers360 continues to grow.
Old 11-17-2018, 11:35 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

To the OP, Racers360 is one of the leaders, of not THE leader, in leveraging new delivery technologies for EASY, effective and high quality remote coaching, all at a really reasonable price, one that changes the traditional coaching paradigm.

It’s relevant and successful because most drivers just need “nuggets,” or ONE or two questions answered AT A TIME. This incremental learning allows drivers to work on something tightly defined, clearly explained with the consequent uptick in successful outcomes. Then, they can come back for more...

As part of a slew of improvements that will better marshal coaching resources and to make the service easier to use, Slack will be going away. Lots of good things coming.

Last edited by ProCoach; 11-20-2018 at 07:08 PM.
Old 11-20-2018, 06:20 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Fwiw, I was incredibly skeptical until 38D showed me one of the Dion feedback videos. I definitely saw the value. I have not yet used the service myself.
Old 03-21-2019, 09:58 AM
RBG27
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have used Racers360 a few times now, and have been consistently impressed with the quality and applicability of the coaching, as well as both the timeliness and consistency (same coach, Dion, every time). The videos on the website are great, but Dion tailors the feedback in a very personalized way that is easy to absorb, understand, and implement, and builds from previous sessions. I’ve been impressed with how much it’s helped me when I’ve stagnated, and it’s made me safer and more consistent (which I’ve struggled with) as well as faster. I regret not having started working with him a year ago. Dion does the best possible with sub-par footage, but will make recommendations on how to improve camera-work and angles to meet specific goals. In short, I can’t recommend this service highly enough, and it’s absolutely the best bargin and greatest ROI of any money I’ve spent on this activity.
Old 03-21-2019, 10:52 AM
gman3280
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by RBG27
I have used Racers360 a few times now, and have been consistently impressed with the quality and applicability of the coaching, as well as both the timeliness and consistency (same coach, Dion, every time). The videos on the website are great, but Dion tailors the feedback in a very personalized way that is easy to absorb, understand, and implement, and builds from previous sessions. I’ve been impressed with how much it’s helped me when I’ve stagnated, and it’s made me safer and more consistent (which I’ve struggled with) as well as faster. I regret not having started working with him a year ago. Dion does the best possible with sub-par footage, but will make recommendations on how to improve camera-work and angles to meet specific goals. In short, I can’t recommend this service highly enough, and it’s absolutely the best bargin and greatest ROI of any money I’ve spent on this activity.
I've used them multiple times now and Dion's feedback is great. Same experience as above for me.
Old 03-21-2019, 01:51 PM
Kevin Fennell
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeah it's great, here is my video. It's no replacement for a full time coach with data, but the price is right and the convenience is amazing.

The 30 minute phone call after was also amazing. Cant recommend it enough.
Old 03-21-2019, 02:48 PM
RichFL
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Very good experience. I sent a video in and it was well worth the money.

Quick Reply: Any Reviews of Racers 360 Service?