Sponsored by:

GT car scams

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 03:04 AM
darma1md
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GT car scams

In the light of what happened at Champion Porsche, I am sure that a lot of us went thru similar experiences. Porsche dealers in this country has been taking advantage of Porschephiles, fans, enthusiasts, or loyalist all this years. It is time for us to demand PCNA to change this by requiring dealers to sell no more than MSRP to customers. Dealers has been taking advantage of us for years because of our loyalty. It is time for us to demand changes. Send your e-mail to customer.commitment@porsche.us and demand that PCNA do something with this "dealer abuse".

I had a good dealer (Monterey) that sold me GT car with MSRP, but it all changes recently when new GM decided to charge huge markup for GT3 I ordered a year ago.

Old 09-19-2018, 03:36 AM
71bmw02
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had great experience with Porsche of Spokane. Honest people. They sold to me GT3 for MSRP
Old 09-19-2018, 04:31 AM
Norcalgt3
Pro

Received 147 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by darma1md
In the light of what happened at Champion Porsche, I am sure that a lot of us went thru similar experiences. Porsche dealers in this country has been taking advantage of Porschephiles, fans, enthusiasts, or loyalist all this years. It is time for us to demand PCNA to change this by requiring dealers to sell no more than MSRP to customers. Dealers has been taking advantage of us for years because of our loyalty. It is time for us to demand changes. Send your e-mail to customer.commitment@porsche.us and demand that PCNA do something with this "dealer abuse".

I had a good dealer (Monterey) that sold me GT car with MSRP, but it all changes recently when new GM decided to charge huge markup for GT3 I ordered a year ago.
not gonna waste time with this. Porsche doesn’t care
Old 09-19-2018, 04:55 AM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

We should all march and end at headquarters to protest!
Old 09-19-2018, 05:34 AM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,260 Likes on 945 Posts

Buy a Hyundai. Porsche doesn’t give a crap.

Protests are dumb. Protests to complain about 200k cars are dumber. No one has sympathy for us idiots, I mean enthusiasts.

if the policies of Porsche are so egregious for new GT cars, buy a used one or buy another brand. I have a job. I don’t waste time protesting for things that someone living paycheck to paycheck would laugh at.

Old 09-19-2018, 06:21 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 951 Likes on 424 Posts

Porsche doesn’t care. It’s noble to try, you’ll get an email or call from a low level customer service agent apologizing, but that’s about it. As long as people are willing to get into a bidding war the dealers will simply go with highest bidder. It’s like college basketball tickets/seats where I am from. The number of years you purchased tickets now means very little; it’s all about how much cash you donate to the University that determines your seats now. Is it fair? No, but sadly just part of the game. Good luck!
Old 09-19-2018, 06:40 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

A lot of people thought robmypro was wasting his time with the engine failures and look what happened. I'm happy to let porsche know that my RS will be my last Porsche until the games stop.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:01 AM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 96 Posts

The sad thing about Champion is the obvious fraud and loss to many people and the dark cloud thrown on the brand and dealers. ADM's and lack of product have frustrated many. The good news is they are truly great cars and there are many wonderful dealers. I have been buying performance cars for 45 years and my current dealer is the best I have ever experienced in all those years starting with the founder, his son and my salesman who has been with the dealership for 35 years. They are there. Just need to find them and don't give the bad ones a second chance.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:37 AM
DerStig
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by darma1md

I like this. I will send my email.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:40 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Nice this thread started to address PCNA issues. The Champion and Shiraaz subject should stay on track.

Nice you provided the PCNA contact info. I'd get an address and phone # too and mail Klaus Zellmer CEO of PCNA in Atlanta directly. Good luck getting his email.

https://press.porsche.com/prod/press...r?OpenDocument

Name:  photo70.jpg
Views: 1975
Size:  614.6 KB

Name:  photo343.jpg
Views: 1951
Size:  725.9 KB

Name:  photo806.jpg
Views: 1938
Size:  685.9 KB
Old 09-19-2018, 09:42 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,080 Likes on 1,005 Posts

This is becoming like my kids little league and everyone should get a trophy. I’ve never left a deposit on any car purchase in my life not even GT cars, and that process is flawed. Also would never buy a car through a broker because the 3rd has to get paid ....it’s a car not a real estate investment. Guys these are cars that cost more than most people homes ave Joe will laugh at you.......don’t trust people with your cash, and you have nothing in return except your car is coming. The issue here is with the dealership not Porsche who sells the cars to the dealer. It’s a sad mess, but hold the dealer accountable for racking up 2.5M in deposits with no accountability. If people are so disgusted don’t by the cars protest occurs with your pocket book ........gee wiz
Old 09-19-2018, 09:57 AM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 700 Likes on 511 Posts

Agree......these GT cars are nice for the track and some street but not worth this kind of hype....they are a toy to get excited about for a while.....until the next new one comes along.....
Old 09-19-2018, 10:12 AM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 96 Posts

The "next new one" has been coming along for the last 50 years. And soon the next new one will not have an internal combustion engine.
Old 09-19-2018, 11:30 AM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

How the hell does someone buy a GT car and NOT have to put a deposit down? What, you call up your dealer and say I want a new GT3RS allocation, here's my Porsche build code and they go, "Sure thing, you got it!" I call BS on that. They're gonna order you a car to your specs without a deposit? At MSRP? Right. Even with an ADM, I doubt the people who say they NEVER have put a deposit down on ANY car.
Old 09-19-2018, 11:48 AM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
How the hell does someone buy a GT car and NOT have to put a deposit down? What, you call up your dealer and say I want a new GT3RS allocation, here's my Porsche build code and they go, "Sure thing, you got it!" I call BS on that. They're gonna order you a car to your specs without a deposit? At MSRP? Right. Even with an ADM, I doubt the people who say they NEVER have put a deposit down on ANY car.
It's possible for established local repeat clients.... I didn't have to put a deposit on my GT3 order (allocated to me in April 2017) and when it arrived last October that's when I proceeded with my cash down deposit and funding right before delivery.... btw, I bought both my GT cars at msrp from the same dealer. Anyway like many others, and as a repeat client, the dealer may not require you to put down a deposit at all therefore it' is possible. Obviously this is a dealer by dealer basis but my point is it's possible and 100% true to many local repeat clients. I'm not a VIP... not even close to it.

Quick Reply: GT car scams