Notices
981 Forum Discussions of the 3rd Gen Boxster and 2nd Gen Cayman (2012-2016)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

981 '13 Boxster brake pedal sticking

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2018, 08:54 PM
sghokie
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 981 '13 Boxster brake pedal sticking

Seems as though I have the issue with the brake pedal sticking, I have done some searching around and from what I can tell there are some bushings that need to be replaced with different ones.
The issue is apparent that when I press the brake pedal and let off, the pedal seems to not come back up the last 1/2 inch. I can put my foot behind the pedal and pull it up myself.

Has anyone had any experience with this issue?
Old 08-19-2018, 05:30 AM
Turbo Jonny
Rennlist Member

Received 78 Likes on 41 Posts

Old 08-20-2018, 09:49 PM
sghokie
Advanced

Thanks, I have read a lot of posts about the issue and reports that some got it fixed under warranty and other had to pay out of pocket.
I can't find anyone explaining the replacement procedure.
I poked my head up under my dash and I can see the pedal and bushings, but I can't see the locking clip that holds the pin in place in order to remove the pedal.
Also, it is very tight up under there, between the AC lines and the steering rod there isn't a lot of room to navigate getting them out.
Also, a possibility would be to remove the entire pedal assembly, but again, it seems difficult to be able to see the bolts holding it in.

Diagram of the assembly here.
https://www.porscheatlantaperimeterp...oduct=10085528

As of now, I have an appointment coming up this weekend at the stealer, but I am not someone who likes going there and typically do all the maintenance and repairs on my cars myself.
Old 08-25-2018, 07:19 PM
sghokie
Advanced

Was at the dealer today. Disappointing to say the least. They first called and said everything was fine and they couldn't find anything wrong.
And they have never seen or heard of this problem before.
I insisted there is a problem when the car sits closed up on a warm day that there is definitely a problem. I gave them the service bulletin number.
They called back and wanted over $600 for the repair. I asked for any goodwill, but there was none to be had because this car is 1.5 years beyond the warranty and even though it only has 7500 miles on it, that doesn't matter.

I will probably end up taking it to my indy, and of course, after I picked it up its now got the dreaded gas tank squeak noise going on too.

Quick Reply: 981 '13 Boxster brake pedal sticking