Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

FS NorCal - 1990 964 Carrera 2 Baltic Blue 5-spd 59k miles

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 05:11 PM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts
Default FS NorCal - 1990 964 Carrera 2 Baltic Blue 5-spd 59k miles

Year: 1990
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 964 C2
Mileage (numbers only please): 59000
Color: Baltic Blue Met
Price (no $ sign please): $63000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorCal
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

SOLD

I have decided to sell this lovely Baltic Blue 1990 C2 with 58,xxx miles, that I recently acquired sight unseen with the intent of doing another 964 hot rod project car. After receiving the car, I feel this one is just a little too nice, and really shouldn't be torn apart. I have picked up another one for that purpose, and will pass this one on to another RL member who might enjoy it in its stock form.

Important details on this one:

1. History: Purchased from a fellow RL member in AZ. He posted about this car a couple months back. Three prior owners (VA, TN, then prior RL owner in AZ since 2006). Clean Carfax, no accidents or odometer issues. Have service records dating back to 1998, spanning prior owners. Original books and 3 keys. Aftermarket Blaupunkt head unit, and radar installed, by PO.

2. Drivetrain: Car has stock engine, pulls nice and strong. Gearbox is good, shifts well. Clutch was redone in the past and is good. Engine was resealed by prior AZ owner in 2006 just after he bought the car, done by Porsche dealer in Scottsdale. There is some oil seepage presently seen through the valve covers. My Porsche indie suggested a reseal/rebuild is NOT necessary given how well the engine runs.

3. Suspension: I received the car with stock suspension (car up on stilts) and Cup 2 wheels. I have put in an Eibach lowering spring/Bilstein HD set, got the car to a good ride height and did a proper alignment. Car is now well sorted, drives very very nicely. Compliant, body well controlled, very little roll through the corners at pace.

4. Cosmetics: There is no rust on the car, even near the glass areas. There is evidence of repaint of the hood, front bumper, some fenders. One can see a slight blue tone difference between the hood and fender. Paint is quite nice overall but the subtle tone difference can be seen if looking very carefully. Other than that there are the usual rock chips on frontal impact areas. I would rate the exterior 8.5/9 of 10 - the pics speak to condition. Interior is really excellent, easily 9 of 10. Plastics are excellent, leather is very very good, dash is terrific, carpet is very good, gauges are excellent. Windshield is very good. Everything works. This is a well preserved Cashmere interior. Even though this car lived in AZ, it was definitely garaged, not sun-burned... the rear tail light sections are not even faded. I do notice some fraying of the stitching on the steering wheel.

The prior owner had neglected some maintenance items though, and I already started the ball rolling on some improvements I wanted to make. I have thus done the following:

a. New Cup 1 rep wheels (Maxilite) 7.5 front 9 rear, fresh Hankook V12 Evo summer tires 225/255
b. J Pipe on exhaust, for the nice burble and a little midrange bump - original muffler/tail pipe is in hand
c. AC service, now blows cold
d. Fluids refreshed
e. Repaired broken frunk latch
f. Replaced rotten secondary heater hose in engine bay
g. Eibachs and Bilstein HD dampers with alignment, as mentioned above.
h. Replaced broken fog light lens.

One other thing to mention is that the PO unfortunately drilled hinged cup holders into the stock door panels on both sides... . As part of my planned redo of the car, I have ordered very cool custom matching Cashmere 964 AppBiz RS lightweight door cards for this car and will include them in the sale.

Car is a very nice condition driver, well sorted, in an outstanding color combo.

Prefer local sale to Bay Area RennLister...but will entertain out of town buyers, you handle shipping. If you want a PPI, I can recommend local shops, I know them all, you pay for the PPI.

$63,000.

It is a healthy number for we who have watched the air cooled Porsches for a long time, especially 964's, but this is fairly priced in the current market I believe. I will be happy share all other info on the car I have with a serious buyer. I am not selling this car to make a profit.
Attached Images           

Last edited by golfnutintib; 06-23-2018 at 06:05 PM.
Old 06-22-2018, 05:36 PM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Further pics...

Old 06-22-2018, 08:31 PM
jcoles
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love the color. GLWS.
Old 06-22-2018, 08:59 PM
peteb3
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sigh
Such a beauty
Old 06-22-2018, 09:00 PM
LP85
AutoX

PM SENT!
Old 06-22-2018, 09:24 PM
ptam
Advanced

I am interested in the car. PM Sent. Thanks
Old 06-22-2018, 10:45 PM
ak432
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Beautiful car! This will find a new home quickly.
Old 06-23-2018, 12:58 AM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 407 Posts

Somebody make this a sticky, great thorough write up.
Old 06-23-2018, 01:08 AM
TonyTwoBags
Three Wheelin'

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

agree, great ad. Nice job on the wheel/suspension work. It's a looker.
Old 06-23-2018, 01:58 AM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Thanks all for your interest.

I posted the listing this afternoon, went out to dinner with out of town guests. Back now, seeing well over a dozen PM's.

I have been on the chasing end of some desirable cars in the past, and know how that goes... so I will be diligent in replying to interested parties tomorrow afternoon by order of who responded to my post.... (early morning backroad drive in AM!! )

I will respond to all parties as a courtesy; there are several straight out 'I will buy it' PM's so I would expect the car will be sold by opening of the coming week when payment is wired.
Old 06-23-2018, 03:37 AM
dawgcatching
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I love baltic blue, but I don't understand why cashmere interior was ever really a "thing". It reminds me of my mom's and mother in law's cars (both have to have beige interiors!) I am young though, and times change; I can remember when we all skied in neon pink jackets in the early 90's.

Why do so many of the classic 964 and 993 models have cashmere interiors? I am not trolling; I would like to know why they are considered desirable on classic 911's and not desirable on modern cars. I had a 991 with a beige interior, and found the carpets were easily dirtied. An old Subaru had the same interior color and it was also annoying. Not to mention the resale hit I took on the 991 due to that interior.
Old 06-23-2018, 05:08 AM
eddieb4
Rennlist Member

Received 198 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by dawgcatching
I love baltic blue, but I don't understand why cashmere interior was ever really a "thing". It reminds me of my mom's and mother in law's cars (both have to have beige interiors!) I am young though, and times change; I can remember when we all skied in neon pink jackets in the early 90's.

Why do so many of the classic 964 and 993 models have cashmere interiors? I am not trolling; I would like to know why they are considered desirable on classic 911's and not desirable on modern cars. I had a 991 with a beige interior, and found the carpets were easily dirtied. An old Subaru had the same interior color and it was also annoying. Not to mention the resale hit I took on the 991 due to that interior.
I originally felt the same way about tan interior and planned on swapping my black ext, black/ tan interior to all black but I'm glad I didn't (kept original). It grew on me and I now think that with dark exterior that tan provides an interesting contrast and is better than black / black. To me, the dash, door tops, steering wheel etc look best in black but the other light colors look great, if not difficult to keep clean. I'm careful with my 48k mile c2 so it doesn't go out when it's nasty outside so mine stays clean.
Attached Images   
Old 06-23-2018, 10:28 AM
Jbarnes RS
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

I looked this car over and passed on it.

Seller is "spot on " on his description.
He has also fixed all the things I had on my list other than the reseal.

I will also verify he is not making a profit.

Thanks for the honest description

Good luck with the sale. Car is priced right.
Old 06-23-2018, 01:17 PM
Rick-A-Shay
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Buy the seller!. Steve is very honest and knowledgeable enthusiast and his appraisals are spot on. Bought from him before! (Also great DE instructor! )

Buy with confidence.......
Old 06-23-2018, 06:02 PM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Awww Rick, you're making me blush!

Car is sold.

Thank you all for your interest and support.

Quick Reply: FS NorCal - 1990 964 Carrera 2 Baltic Blue 5-spd 59k miles