Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 01:28 PM
Curated Content Editor
Rennlist Editor

Received 162 Likes on 125 Posts
Default Why Buying a 918 was an Investment From the Beginning

Why Buying a 918 was an Investment From the Beginning
By Geoff Castaneda

It's not often that Porsche makes a certified hypercar. When they do, it's a solid investment.

Old 06-21-2018, 02:39 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The CGT depreciated and some canceled their 918 deposits due to the electric component and bought three CGTs instead. Dealers gave $150,000 discounts for the 918 and allowed it to be leased.
Old 06-21-2018, 08:13 PM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 868 Likes on 384 Posts

Show me an invoice on a 918 that had a $150k discount and I will believe you. Do you even know what is the dealer's cost on a 918 is? They made less than 7% on the 918 and I know, FOR A FACT, that PCNA did NOT subsidize the 918 deal with any trunk money. The VIP program was the incentive. Yes, 918 can be leased or financed just like any Porsche, but the same money factor applies.

For your information, CGT back in 2006 was offered with trunk money from PCNA, but that was around 50k and the dealer themselves ponied up their margin to move their CGT inventory.

So stop making BS up and post something of substance and value.

Originally Posted by Andial
The CGT depreciated and some canceled their 918 deposits due to the electric component and bought three CGTs instead. Dealers gave $150,000 discounts for the 918 and allowed it to be leased.
Old 06-22-2018, 02:07 AM
Jason Zhang
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Interesting stuff going on here
Old 06-22-2018, 12:41 PM
Andial
Banned

Originally Posted by unotaz
Show me an invoice on a 918 that had a $150k discount and I will believe you. Do you even know what is the dealer's cost on a 918 is? They made less than 7% on the 918 and I know, FOR A FACT, that PCNA did NOT subsidize the 918 deal with any trunk money. The VIP program was the incentive. Yes, 918 can be leased or financed just like any Porsche, but the same money factor applies.

For your information, CGT back in 2006 was offered with trunk money from PCNA, but that was around 50k and the dealer themselves ponied up their margin to move their CGT inventory.

So stop making BS up and post something of substance and value.
No BS here. AG offered 918 to Paul Zuckerman at what I said. Didn't go through due to Jerry Seinfeld convincing him otherwise. Dealers may have made money on hypercars, but PAG lost. CGT discounts were for specced out cars like you said. AG sold 918 which was specced by them too. Didn't know that 918 could be leased/financed w/ Porsche because Chiron requires full payment. You are one of few remaining 918 VIP so thanks for your contributions. Nice to see you buy Ferraris now too. Too bad you didn't like the E63. What was wrong w/ it?
Old 06-22-2018, 05:08 PM
richk
Drifting

Received 879 Likes on 364 Posts

Alot less Chirons being made. Plus its 3x the price of a 918. Looks like Jerry gave Mr Zuckerman some bad advice.
Old 06-22-2018, 11:15 PM
17bhub
Rennlist Member

Location: Where I get the fresh scent of spent Jet Fuel & see Cold Smoke!
Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Old 06-22-2018, 11:30 PM
unotaz
Drifting

So your "so claimed" deal never went through. So you claim that Jerry Seinfield talked Mr. Zuckerman out of the 918 deal, even though in reality, Mr. Seinfield himself bought a 918 Weissach himself? Hmm....very interesting "claims" here. I call BS when I smell BS.

All 918 sold within the United States went through PCNA, so ONCE AGAIN, I am not aware of any 150k discount on any 918 sold within the United States. Dealer margin is less than 7%, so even if the dealer gave up all of its margin, it doesn't equate to 150K. Porsche AG might be in contact with a few clients here, but ultimately, all deals went through PCNA as contractually obligated.

Of course PAG lost on the 918. It's their halo car, and the price they charged on the 918 couldn't recover all of the R&D costs they invested into the program. They didn't pull a P1, where Mclaren used an existing carbon tub and tackled on some ill-designed hybrid systems that was never designed to fit with the 12C tub in the first place. Again, I digress here.

No BS here. AG offered 918 to Paul Zuckerman at what I said. Didn't go through due to Jerry Seinfeld convincing him otherwise. Dealers may have made money on hypercars, but PAG lost. CGT discounts were for specced out cars like you said. AG sold 918 which was specced by them too. Didn't know that 918 could be leased/financed w/ Porsche because Chiron requires full payment. You are one of few remaining 918 VIP so thanks for your contributions. Nice to see you buy Ferraris now too. Too bad you didn't like the E63. What was wrong w/ it?
Old 06-23-2018, 03:27 AM
MikeGT
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 19 Posts

Old 06-23-2018, 03:56 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

Originally Posted by richk
Alot less Chirons being made. Plus its 3x the price of a 918. Looks like Jerry gave Mr Zuckerman some bad advice.
guess we’ll have to ask them next time we see them at the ‘kitchen because I’m sure Andial doesn’t know or has never met or talked to either or any of them before. But he continues to talk out his azz like he knows and is involved deep in the Porsche world. When in reality he’s only involved in life In his own imagination and a blow hard know it all but knows nothing persona.

p.s. We need to do another canyon run.
Old 06-23-2018, 02:56 PM
unotaz
Drifting

Originally Posted by Spyerx

guess we’ll have to ask them next time we see them at the ‘kitchen because I’m sure Andial doesn’t know or has never met or talked to either or any of them before. But he continues to talk out his azz like he knows and is involved deep in the Porsche world. When in reality he’s only involved in life In his own imagination and a blow hard know it all but knows nothing persona.

Agreed. I should join you guys next time for the canyon runs, please drop me a PM when that happens. I'm in Hidden Hills.
Old 06-24-2018, 12:32 AM
Andial
Banned

Originally Posted by Spyerx

You can't be sure about that because you don't know me either. None of us know them as we aren't celebs. I don't think you should approach them in Malibu like that. That would be inconsiderate. I don't know much and don't have much involvement w/ Porsche either. I am not a blow hard nor involved in life in my own imagination.
Old 06-24-2018, 03:39 AM
unotaz
Drifting

You are an internet research boy. From the information you have gathered and mentioned below, it is very obvious to me you are putting bits and pieces of information you can gather online and try to fabricate a story.

It's obvious that you follow me on Instagram and so you knew my full name from Instagram. I later changed my username to stop internet trolls like you from harassing me and try to pretend you know me or my circle of friends. You and 50 other guys came of the woodworks when I did that one episode Jay Leno's Garage on the 240Z. So I'm not surprised here.

I had a deposit on a P1 but later sold my allocation because I didn't like the P1 after I drove it at Dunsfold, but not because of Mclaren's or Auto Gallery's lack of support. To set the record straight, Mclaren Beverly Hills was very supportive at the time. So I don't know where you got your ideas from? Oh I know why, because these information wasn't available publicly and the only way you would have known is if you actually knew any real people.

To get back on point, please provide REAL evidence of your "so claimed" 150K discount on the 918 (eg. actual invoice, written statements or contracts). Otherwise, you are wasting everyone's time with speculative theories. If you can't do that, why don't you post some pictures of your own personal car collection? You are not doing yourself any favors here by continuing to make up stories with more "claims" without any shred of real evidence.

Seinfeld didn't want to buy at some point, but ended up changing back his mind. 1. Deposit placed. 2. Deposit retracted along w/ Zuckerman. 3. 918 event w/ Melissa Witek where he asked that the purpose of the 918 was spending $1MM to save fuel. 4. Reordered 918 and got the first one in US. You don't like P1 due to their support, but McLaren in LA was AG at the time too. You changed from AG to Rusnak bc you either weren't happy w/ AG or moved from 10960 Bellagio Rd., Beverly Hills to Hidden Hills. I prefer 918 also, but I like the P1 more than F1, and have a more personal connection, as friend in Taiwan owns one and is dealer principal. I also digress.
Old 06-24-2018, 03:42 AM
unotaz
Drifting

So you admit you don't know Mr. Zuckerman or Mr. Seinfield? Geesh, what a surprise!

Wait, you just admitted you don't have much involvement with Porsche either?

Wow...

You can't be sure about that because you don't know me either. None of us know them as we aren't celebs. I don't think you should approach them in Malibu like that. That would be inconsiderate. I don't know much and don't have much involvement w/ Porsche either. I am not a blow hard nor involved in life in my own imagination.
Old 06-24-2018, 03:29 PM
Andial
Banned

Originally Posted by unotaz
You are an internet research boy. From the information you have gathered and mentioned below, it is very obvious to me you are putting bits and pieces of information you can gather online and try to fabricate a story.

It's obvious that you follow me on Instagram and so you knew my full name from Instagram. I later changed my username to stop internet trolls like you from harassing me and try to pretend you know me or my circle of friends. You and 50 other guys came of the woodworks when I did that one episode Jay Leno's Garage on the 240Z. So I'm not surprised here.

I had a deposit on a P1 but later sold my allocation because I didn't like the P1 after I drove it at Dunsfold, but not because of Mclaren's or Auto Gallery's lack of support. To set the record straight, Mclaren Beverly Hills was very supportive at the time. So I don't know where you got your ideas from? Oh I know why, because these information wasn't available publicly and the only way you would have known is if you actually knew any real people.

To get back on point, please provide REAL evidence of your "so claimed" 150K discount on the 918 (eg. actual invoice, written statements or contracts). Otherwise, you are wasting everyone's time with speculative theories. If you can't do that, why don't you post some pictures of your own personal car collection? You are not doing yourself any favors here by continuing to make up stories with more "claims" without any shred of real evidence.
I don't follow you on Instagram, but that is where I know your full name from. I don't know you but have seen you in person. We have mutual friends. I thought RL didn't like AG. I don't know what info you're talking about, but I do know real people. I am not theorizing, but you can listen to Spike's Car Radio where they say that. I don't have a personal car collection, but I'm not making any fabrications w/ or w/o evidence.

Quick Reply: Why Buying a 918 was an Investment From the Beginning