Notices

How Porsche Could Lose Customers Due To GT3

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2018, 09:26 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts
Default How Porsche Could Lose Customers Due To GT3

I’ve been very very loyal to Porsche since 2001....and have bought from 2 local dealers 10 various Porsche vehicles. Only Porsche I haven’t owned is a Cayman.

I’m hear to tell you loyalty to a dealer and Porsche gets you nowhere as far as an allocation to a GT3 car. I’ve never once received 1 stinking phone call from the dealers about allocation and they know I’m into really owning and not flipping a GT car. Plus they know attend track events autocross and so forth.

Reeves and Bert Smith Porsche in the Tampa area both SUCK...they’ve told me that my 10 Porsche’s in 17 years is nothing and they have “real players” that buy 2-3 Porsche’s a year. Plus I was told their high dollar buyers will pay ADM $50k on GT3 no questions...had a guy buy 2GT3 in a year this waya salesman at Bert Smith told me. I’m not paying ABOVE sticker/MSRP for a car!!! So therefore I don’t get a GT3 car...a car I’d be so proud to own and really put to good use for many years with in the sports car community.

So...I moved on from these Tampa area BS dealers and bought a Panamera S and my current 2017 GTS from Champion Porsche instead of local dealers Reeves and or Bert Smith Porsche in the last few years. When my wife was ready last December to trade in her Panamera S...we didn’t even consider another Porsche and have to play the Porsche dealer BS games...she bought a AMG Mercedes instead.

Maybe if if I ask Champion they will put me on an allocation for a GT3RS in 2019...used LOL...if not Hello AMG GTR!
Old 05-21-2018, 12:09 AM
ZenicaPA
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

That is the same **** Ferrari has been doing for decades.
A friend of mine was willing to play that game for the "privilege" of Ferrari ownership.
I'll pass. There are lots of toys I like and none of them require such draconian bravado to own.
Old 05-21-2018, 09:18 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

Ferrari, is a different customer and the Ferrari car line up is different than Porsche.
Old 05-21-2018, 07:50 PM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 52 Posts

Im not going to get a GT3 - I don't pay above MSRP ever. Ever. Wouldn't and won't. Whether its a GT3 or any other car / truck.

It was the same with Harleys. Pretty soon they weren't making 30, 000 or 50,000 Harleys a year but 100,000 or 200,000. Those same dealers were calling with deals and big discounts. I said Ill come in when Im ready. I must not have got ready as I took my business elsewhere. Before all the BS I was truly one of the top customers.

The whole R thing was a mess and thats coming from guys who know. Porsche had to pony up something for guys buying a 918 and they got the voucher. And drove up the price from 180,000 to 400,000. As you said good customers couldn't sniff one. It will go around. I remember when Porsche sold 3000 cars - in a year. They should too. But this is dealer BS. Drop em.
Old 05-21-2018, 08:10 PM
I am the Walrus
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

I also couldn’t get a GT3 so I bought an amg gt s
I really like it and buying it was a simple process.
Old 05-22-2018, 11:21 AM
ZenicaPA
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

The MB AMG GT is so bulbous looking it borders on hurtful. I can't tell if the designers were staring an posters of beluga whales or JLO's ***.

The sexy lines of the GT3 on the other hand....

None of the forum supporting dealers can be of any help in getting one?

Quick Reply: How Porsche Could Lose Customers Due To GT3