Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1982 911SC Cabriolet - Converted Pre-Delivery, Full History, Fresh Rebuild, Beautiful

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2018, 04:41 PM
onewhippedpuppy
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 1982 911SC Cabriolet - Porsche Converted Pre-Delivery, Full History, Fresh Rebuild

Year: 1982
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 70072
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Windows
Color: GP White
VIN: WP0EA0916CS161069
Price (no $ sign please): $43000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Midwestern
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Summary: 1982 Porsche 911 Cabriolet, WP0EA0916CS161069, 70,072 miles, Grand Prix White over black, 5-speed manual transmission. Fully documented history with a unique story, starting life as a late 1982 build Targa and converted to a cabriolet pre-delivery by Porsche of Scottsdale. Extensive recent work including a full engine rebuild, new cabriolet top, new high-grade leather on all four seats, German Silver-Knit carpet, JWest Rennshifter and coupling, 930S wheel, upgraded A/C, and a number of other upgrades and maintenance. An exceptional car with original paint, a crack free dash, and fully sorted mechanicals that is ready to enjoy. Asking $43,000 OBO.

History: I purchased this amazing car in 2016 from what I believe to be the 2nd owner, who had owned it since 2000. History since new, including the window sticker and dealership invoice. Per the previous owner and supported by the documentation, this car was originally ordered as a Targa, and at some point after ordering the Cabriolet was introduced for the 1983 model year. The original owner decided that he would rather have a Cab, so the Targa was converted by the Porsche dealership to a Cab pre-delivery. This was quite common in the early days of the Cabriolet, so much so that Porsche issued a service manual supplement instructing dealers on how to properly perform the conversion. Originally sold and delivered to Scottsdale, AZ, this 911 lived in Scottsdale until 2016 when I purchased it. Since my purchase it has been garage kept and covered, only driven on nice days. During my ownership it has never seen rain, and per the previous owner in Scottsdale he also drove it only on nice days. I am an aerospace engineer, long-term PCA member, active on Pelican and Rennlist forums, and about the biggest car enthusiast you will ever meet, as with all of my cars this one has wanted for nothing. This 911 was fully intended to be a keeper for me, but we have made a commitment to paying off our house to become debt free and unfortunately some toys must go. My wife and I are selling with a heavy heart, and hope to see it go to an equally great home. I have considered myself to be the caretaker of this very special car, and have greatly enjoyed being part of its story.

Upgrades & Major Maintenance: Full engine rebuild in 2010 at 65,427 miles by Beck’s European in Scottsdale with a full top-end, rebuilt rods, balanced rotating assembly, new powder coating and CAD plating, resurfaced flywheel, new engine sound pad, Dilvar head studs, oil lines, sensors, new main bearings, piston rings, etc. Engine upgraded with SSI heat exchangers and a Dansk sport muffler, Carrera oil fed tensioners, fender mounted oil cooler with fan and duct. Transmission has recent Swepco 201 and was upgraded with a JWest Rennshift shifter, new ball cup, and JWest coupling, along with a 917 shift **** from Manuel off of the Early 911S Registry. Suspension has been upgraded with new Bilstein dampers. The very effective A/C system has been upgraded with a modern rotary compressor, Procooler, and new expansion valve, all from Griffiths. Fully refinished genuine Fuchs, sized 16x7 and 16x8, shod with nearly new Bridgestone Potenza RE11 tires. Interior refinished in 2010 with new and correct German Silver-Knit carpet, recovered door pockets, glove soft high-grade perforated black leather front and rear, and a new convertible top. New 930 speedometer with a notarized statement documenting the mileage change from old to new, and the old speedometer is included. Rennline aluminum door pulls and key bezel replace the plastic original parts. European style rear lights and clear front turn signal lenses, and the headlights are European H4s with the original sugar scoop style lenses. Recent service with Brad Penn oil and Mahle filter, fuel filter, fuel tank screen, fuel accumulator, and air filter clean. All upgrades and service is documented in an Excel file available upon request.

Extras Included: Stock muffler, Porsche cover, full tonneau cover, original jack/toolkit/air pump, front lenses, original door handles and key bezel, custom fit sunshade, original 3-spoke steering wheel, three shift *****, full front custom fit bra, original speedometer, three keys, original manuals, two airbox lids, a very large stack of records, and a few other misc parts.

Exterior Condition: I would represent this car as an excellent condition driver. The paint is believed to be original and it has a deep, consistent shine. There are small rock chips on the front end and mirrors commensurate with light use, and a few light scratches. Each door has a very shallow ding that can only be seen in the right light. I have over 300 pictures where I have attempted to show every possible flaw on the car. The Fuchs are nearly perfect and the RE11 tires are close to new. The convertible top condition is also very close to perfect, the flexible rear window is supple, totally clear, and has two very light marks on it. The top operates correctly and the new seals align well with the windows. The windshield and seal was replaced in 2010 and is in nearly new condition. The H4 headlight and foglight lenses are in excellent condition with no chips, the turn signal lenses are new, and the rear lenses are also in excellent condition. The black rubber bumper accordions, rear bumper pads, bumper trim, and rocker trim are soft, not faded, and supple. The front bumper smile is not faded or chipped and shows very light warping. The original rock guards are still a deep black and do not have any chips or fading. The engine grille does show some graying due to sun fade, fortunately these are easily refinished. I am doing my best to be hyper-critical, but overall this is a very attractive 911 in exceptionally good original condition.

Interior Condition: In many ways the interior of the car is in better than new condition. Door panels are basically perfect, with very slight warping of the pocket lids as the only flaw. The dash is original and free of any cracking, fading, or warping. Gauges are like new with bright orange needles and fully operable, including the clock that keeps perfect time and oil level gauge that is accurate. The heater and air controls are in excellent condition and work perfectly, with recent replacement of the heater control trim, heater lever caps, and the A/C fan switch. The A/C blows cold even on a hot KS summer day, with a very strategically placed hose off of the center outlet that any male driver will appreciate. The often scratched key bezel and often warped door handles have been replaced with black aluminum Rennline parts. The wheel is a 930S with an offset spacer in excellent condition with only slight wrinkling of the leather horn cap. Topping off the excellent Rennshifter is a 917 style shift **** from Manuel on the Early 911S Registry, handmade in ebony wood with a checkered top. The leather in the interior is very high grade perforated leather that is better than new in every possible way, it shows no wear, is soft and supple, and smells amazing. Regularly treated with Leatherique, it is a very high quality product that was very well installed. Carpet is the correct German Silver Knit that is free of any stains, tears, or other damage, it is soft and plush and like new. Floor mats are custom Lloyd embroidered with “911SC” in the correct period font with white stitching to match the exterior. The convertible top headliner is free of any damage or wear and in like new condition. The A-pillar vinyl is in excellent condition, and the B-pillar vinyl shows light chips from the seatbelts. All seatbelts work properly, with the front receivers replaced due to fading of the red releases. Audio is a modern Blaupunkt CD head unit with Bluetooth for phone and streaming paired with an Alpine V4 amp under the driver’s seat, Pioneer components up front, and Alpine coax speakers in the rear. The system works great, including the power antenna, though I confess to very rarely using it. Every feature works exactly as it should, including the power windows and mirrors, cruise control, lights, fans, wipers, washer pump, etc. The front trunk carpet is new and excellent without stains or wear, and the jack and spare tire are in place. As you can see from the pictures, the interior is legitimately better than new and worthy of a show car.

Mechanical Condition: This is about as turn-key as a 911SC gets. All of the recommended upgrades have been done, all of the expensive work has been done, the miles are low, and it has been super well maintained. Starting with the engine with only 4,645 miles on it, barely broken in by standards of the bulletproof 3.0L flat six. It always starts, always runs fantastic, and is always a joy to drive. No leaks or seepage from the engine or transmission, anywhere, ever. With the SSIs and Dansk sport muffler it sounds fantastic and should have a small bump in power over a typical 911SC. Like all 911s it will have a small puff of smoke upon startup if it has sat for a few weeks, but does not visibly burn any oil during normal use and the oil level never moves. The 915 transmission, upgraded with a JWest Rennshift, new coupling, new ballcup, and Swepco 201, is the best 915 I have experienced. The Rennshift is fully adjustable and has a modern feeling spring centered action, no more searching for gears or the risk of nicking reverse coming out of 5th. Shifting is smooth, crisp, gears are easy to find, downshifting is smooth without grinding, and 1st can be engaged on a roll without grinding. Except for the heavier clutch it drives very much like a G50. The clutch, replaced when the engine was rebuilt, is strong and does not slip. The suspension, with new Bilstein dampers, is nice and tight, giving a nice compromise between comfort and sport with the 16” wheels and soft RE11 tires. It is firm but not harsh and has fantastic grip, and is a huge amount of fun on a twisty road. No vibration, no pulling, no clunks or other noises. Brakes are smooth, strong, and quiet without any vibration. Steering is nice and tight with straight tracking and the best feel of any car on the planet, nothing has steering like a classic 911. The overall package is superb, and strikes a perfect balance between sport, fun, and comfort. It’s a wife approved classic 911 that can be used for a nice night out, but also still put a huge smile on your face when the road gets twisty. My overall goal was for a reliable, fun, fully sorted car that I could get in and drive at a moment’s notice, and it has accomplished that goal perfectly. On a beautiful day with the top down, driving honestly doesn’t get much better.

Summary: I have done my absolute best to describe this 911 in excruciating detail, I believe in full disclosure and my top priority is for any prospective buyer to find this car to be nicer than described. Over the years I have bought and sold a lot of Porsches and made many friends along the way, my reputation is far more important than making a buck. Of the many Porsches I have owned this is not only the nicest, but also my favorite, and it will be greatly missed. Upon request I will provide a link to over 300 photos and an Excel file summarizing the maintenance and service from new. Title is a clean and clear KS title in my name, ready to sell. Please let me know if you have any questions, and thanks for looking! Email or PM, mattjessupbba at gmail.com.

Last edited by onewhippedpuppy; 05-15-2018 at 09:58 PM.
Old 04-10-2018, 04:42 PM
onewhippedpuppy
Rennlist Member

Old 04-11-2018, 08:44 AM
DH3
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wow

Now here’s a guy that likes to write
Beautiful ad and car very nicely priced
Will not last long
Old 04-11-2018, 08:49 AM
onewhippedpuppy
Rennlist Member

Thanks! I’ve bought a lot of cars from afar and always strive to write the sort of ad that I would like to see. My goal is to answer all of the questions before they are asked, so any prospective buyer knows exactly what they are getting.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:56 PM
Scrapaholic
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Not a cab fan...certainly not a ragtop fan. However this car changes that for me in a BIG way. Stunning in every aspect. I suspect you will not need a bit of luck with this sale. All the best to you and your obvious passion
Old 04-12-2018, 06:40 PM
onewhippedpuppy
Rennlist Member

Thanks, appreciate the compliment!
Old 04-14-2018, 10:05 AM
onewhippedpuppy
Rennlist Member

Weekend bump.

Old 04-23-2018, 10:30 PM
G7805T
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Phenomenal presentation.

Bring a Trailer is looking for and could use someone with your skills!
Old 04-25-2018, 12:57 PM
jeff33702
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 226 Posts

Sell the RX7?
Old 04-25-2018, 01:08 PM
onewhippedpuppy
Rennlist Member

Thanks guys! Still have the RX7 for now.
Old 04-27-2018, 08:19 PM
onewhippedpuppy
Rennlist Member

Bump for a price drop.
Old 05-06-2018, 12:21 PM
onewhippedpuppy
Rennlist Member

Price drop.
Old 05-10-2018, 09:10 AM
onewhippedpuppy
Rennlist Member

Old 05-12-2018, 09:13 AM
onewhippedpuppy
Rennlist Member

Back to the top.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:59 PM
onewhippedpuppy
Rennlist Member

Bump for a price drop.

Quick Reply: 1982 911SC Cabriolet - Converted Pre-Delivery, Full History, Fresh Rebuild, Beautiful