Sponsored by:

Lowering springs for 997.2

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2018, 11:43 PM
HenryPcar
Three Wheelin'

Received 233 Likes on 168 Posts
Default Lowering springs for 997.2

My next project is to lower my 997.2. Basically I've eliminated HR due to harsh ride that might be unbearable for a DD. I read reviews on Eibach and TechArt and they seem pretty well accepted. Being progressive springs the ride quality seems to be close to stock and yet it stiffens up for more aggressive cornering.
I just wonder if there is a significant difference between Eibach and TechArt giving a price difference that Eibach Pro kit is almost 50% cheaper. I know TechArt springs are made by Eibach also. I just can't put my finger on the price difference. Can anybody installed these 2 brands of spring throw some light into this ? Pro and cons between them and any other brands that might be worth considering.
Old 03-24-2018, 11:52 PM
okbarnett
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

you should try the porsche row spring if you complain about hard ride. They are stock in rest of world. All aft mkt lowering springs are going to be stiffer for performance. They are lower and stiffer for performance, not just to make the car low
Old 03-25-2018, 12:02 AM
HenryPcar
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by okbarnett
you should try the porsche row spring if you complain about hard ride. They are stock in rest of world. All aft mkt lowering springs are going to be stiffer for performance. They are lower and stiffer for performance, not just to make the car low
Great information. Good to know that US vehicle height regulation dictate that our cars are higher compared to the rest of the world. Have you installed the
ROW springs and how do they compare with stock as far as body row is concerned.
Old 03-25-2018, 02:26 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,006 Likes on 714 Posts

Originally Posted by henryting
My next project is to lower my 997.2. Basically I've eliminated HR due to harsh ride that might be unbearable for a DD. I read reviews on Eibach and TechArt and they seem pretty well accepted. Being progressive springs the ride quality seems to be close to stock and yet it stiffens up for more aggressive cornering.
I just wonder if there is a significant difference between Eibach and TechArt giving a price difference that Eibach Pro kit is almost 50% cheaper. I know TechArt springs are made by Eibach also. I just can't put my finger on the price difference. Can anybody installed these 2 brands of spring throw some light into this ? Pro and cons between them and any other brands that might be worth considering.
On my third 997 with H&R's and all three have been DD's. I recognize that some have bad backs or other ailments that come into play but I can honestly say that to me, the difference in ride comfort between stock and H&R is somewhere between minimal and a complete a non issue. Certainly nothing even approaching "unbearable".
Old 03-25-2018, 05:07 AM
cool flash
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Price difference between Eibach and TechArt comes down to brand. TechArt considers themselves premium and prices accordingly.

If I needed springs for my 997.2 I would choose Eibach over H&R for the comfort and moderate drop.

CF
Old 03-25-2018, 05:12 AM
ATSR
Burning Brakes

Received 202 Likes on 94 Posts

The only difference between Eibach and TechArt is the price. FYI, the TechArt springs are made by Eibach.

Get the Eibachs. The drop is perfect and the ride quality improvement is substantial. It’s one of the best mods I’ve done to my car. Pic below:

Old 03-25-2018, 05:33 AM
Carrera2RS
Pro

Received 112 Likes on 59 Posts

Looks lovely. I fitted Techart to a 991 GTS and I recall they have H&R actually stamped on them as well as Techart, made Techart use both
Old 03-25-2018, 10:16 AM
Redhot2474
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts
Default H and R

H and R here on my C4s, I noticed 0 difference in ride quality and drop in my opinion” looks better “than Eibach
Old 03-25-2018, 10:38 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 903 Likes on 532 Posts

My wife went Eibachs are her 997.2 because she wanted to retain ride quality and not look like a 4X4. The Eibachs may have actually had a better ride than the stock springs and I can definitely say there is no loss in ride quality with the Eibach springs. I think I prefer the ride height of the H & R, but I had a bad experience with H & R a while back on a turbo I purchased used with only 1,000 miles on it. I pulled them off and put PSS9s and won't use H & R stuff any more. Perhaps their stuff is better now.
Old 03-25-2018, 11:12 AM
bhvrdr
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Here are some spring rates collected by a member here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VZ6cPECYTuYrnryYkzRsJoRA9SBiJDe2/view?usp=drivesdk
Old 03-25-2018, 11:33 AM
okbarnett
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Ive had row on 2 cars. I cant tell any difference in the ride except maybe a little firmer when you drop off into a hole but its negligible
Old 03-25-2018, 12:38 PM
HenryPcar
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ATSR
The only difference between Eibach and TechArt is the price. FYI, the TechArt springs are made by Eibach.

Get the Eibachs. The drop is perfect and the ride quality improvement is substantial. It’s one of the best mods I’ve done to my car. Pic below:

Beautiful, mine looks the same without the black "Porsche" decal. I'm thinking of adding one too.
Old 03-25-2018, 02:14 PM
ATSR
Burning Brakes

Received 202 Likes on 94 Posts

Beautiful, mine looks the same without the black "Porsche" decal. I'm thinking of adding one too.
Thanks! You can buy the side decal from here (no affiliation):

http://www.designstuffonline.co.uk/v...97_decals.html

The shipping takes a little while (2-3 weeks) but the quality is great.
Old 03-26-2018, 01:26 PM
voodoo
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 37 Posts

Another white on Eibach

Old 04-18-2018, 08:26 AM
shekmark
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did you lower your car yet? If so, what spring did you choose?

Quick Reply: Lowering springs for 997.2