Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Panamera e-hybrid - EPA Cerification

Old 02-05-2018, 03:31 PM
gjessani
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Panamera e-hybrid - EPA Cerification

My 2018 Panamera e-hybrid has been at the Halifax Port, Canada since August 2017, awaiting EPA certification.The last letter from Porsche states delivery estimated early 2018. Does anyone know the status of EPA certification ?

Last edited by gjessani; 02-05-2018 at 04:14 PM.
Old 02-06-2018, 12:30 AM
rklann
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good Evening gjessani, for status of the E-Hybrid EPA certification you should read the latest updates on the thread "Panamera 4 E-Hybrid Owners Thread". But to summarize the inputs they run from March to June of 2018. BTW mine has been at Port San Diego sine November 4th. My dealer is telling me March. However, he originally toll me November 2017. I hope he is right this time!!
Old 02-06-2018, 05:20 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by rklann
Good Evening gjessani, for status of the E-Hybrid EPA certification you should read the latest updates on the thread "Panamera 4 E-Hybrid Owners Thread". But to summarize the inputs they run from March to June of 2018. BTW mine has been at Port San Diego sine November 4th. My dealer is telling me March. However, he originally toll me November 2017. I hope he is right this time!!
Mine has been at San Diego port since 9/15. I am in constant contact with PCNA. The last letter I received indicated "May soonest" and as recent as last week I was told by PCNA that is still the expected time frame. I also contacted EPA to ask them why they are delaying the certification. I was told in no uncertain terms that EPA never holds up certification and the conspiracy theories about punishing VW/Porsche for the Diesel issues are total BS. Further he said confidentiality requested by manufacturers does not permit the EPA to release any specific information and he said the manufacturer is the only one who can answer why they haven't yet submitted the appropriate paperwork.

The only conclusion I can come up with is that Porsche has not been able to complete the necessary paperwork because there are testing issues/delays or there is a fundamental flaw or problem with the car. Somehow they've been able to get the various non hybrid models certified but for whatever reason they haven't yet submitted the paperwork for the E-Hybrids. What I can't understand is why Porsche won't just tell us what the problem really is and be up front and honest with us. I'm really wondering if even May will happen at this point.
Old 02-07-2018, 02:02 AM
appenzell
Track Day

Originally Posted by SaratogaLefty
Mine has been at San Diego port since 9/15. I am in constant contact with PCNA. The last letter I received indicated "May soonest" and as recent as last week I was told by PCNA that is still the expected time frame. I also contacted EPA to ask them why they are delaying the certification. I was told in no uncertain terms that EPA never holds up certification and the conspiracy theories about punishing VW/Porsche for the Diesel issues are total BS. Further he said confidentiality requested by manufacturers does not permit the EPA to release any specific information and he said the manufacturer is the only one who can answer why they haven't yet submitted the appropriate paperwork.

The only conclusion I can come up with is that Porsche has not been able to complete the necessary paperwork because there are testing issues/delays or there is a fundamental flaw or problem with the car. Somehow they've been able to get the various non hybrid models certified but for whatever reason they haven't yet submitted the paperwork for the E-Hybrids. What I can't understand is why Porsche won't just tell us what the problem really is and be up front and honest with us. I'm really wondering if even May will happen at this point.
I think PCNA has no clue... They told me last week that I can still expect my Car in March. So why should mine arrive 2 months before SaratogaLefty when our cars were on the same boat and the cars probably sit right next to each other in sunny San Diego, both being delivered in California. The only difference is that I already paid for the car in full. Mind boggling, frustrating and worst customer service...
Old 02-07-2018, 04:42 AM
crack3rd
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by appenzell
I think PCNA has no clue... They told me last week that I can still expect my Car in March. So why should mine arrive 2 months before SaratogaLefty when our cars were on the same boat and the cars probably sit right next to each other in sunny San Diego, both being delivered in California. The only difference is that I already paid for the car in full. Mind boggling, frustrating and worst customer service...
I'm not sure how, but I saw the new Panamera hybrid at the Porsche Experience Center at Carson the other day. If that car passes EPA, I wonder what's taking so long for yours.
Old 02-07-2018, 08:04 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Originally Posted by crack3rd
I'm not sure how, but I saw the new Panamera hybrid at the Porsche Experience Center at Carson the other day. If that car passes EPA, I wonder what's taking so long for yours.
Yes there is (are) 2018 Panamera 4 E-Hybrid cars at the Carson Porsche Delivery Center and also in Atlanta. Also, there is a PCNA person who is driving one around the country. Apparently Porsche doesn't need the EPA and CARB approvals for these cars as they are "company cars" and will not be titled to individual customers at this time. I agree it doesn't make a lot of sense but that appears to be the case.

Also, contrary to comments on other threads on this site (ST Deliveries) there have not been any Porsches certified by CARB since 12/19/17. Not sure if the rumors that the ST has received EPA certification are true but it does appear to be the case. My latest info still is saying May for the E-Hybrids requiring CARB and April for those in non CARB states. I'm hoping the March dates others have been told are correct but I'm not holding my breath.
Old 02-08-2018, 05:39 PM
W8MM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 32 Posts

I received an e-mail from PCNA stating my Turbo S E-Hybrid was not to be expected before May. It's been sitting in a Rhode Island port facility since Halloween.

I also recently viewed an internal communication to dealers from PCNA titled "MY2018 Certification Delay". I saw it on somebody's desk.

There were actually 2 versions, one from 22 January and the other from 7 February.

They both indicated the Panamera 4 E-Hybrid and the Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid were expected to be certified in March.

Interestingly, the 911 Carrera T was listed as March on the 22 Jan list but was said to be already EPA certified on the 7 Feb list.
Old 02-10-2018, 08:34 PM
rklann
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi W8MM, I just checked the CARB website and it indicated that the 2018 911 Turbo passed certification on September 5, 2017.
Old 02-11-2018, 12:30 AM
W8MM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rklann
Hi W8MM, I just checked the CARB website and it indicated that the 2018 911 Turbo passed certification on September 5, 2017.
True.

I'm waiting for the 2018 Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid.
Old 02-18-2018, 02:06 PM
donutcritic
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

I ordered my Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid in April 2017, the dealer told me to expect delivery around October.

In August, we were informed that the car would be delayed until April 2018 due to the deviating stitching color (wtf?), or could be delivered in October if we elected black stitching. It's a special item for me so I decided to wait.

I received the attached letter in December indicating the car won't be delivered before June 2018 (14 months from order!) and immediately suspected EPA/CARB delays. From this and other threads it sounds like the cars are mostly sitting in port. My car finished production 1/12/2018 and shows delivery to Benicia Port between 3/9-3/16/18.
Old 02-18-2018, 04:41 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Originally Posted by donutcritic
I ordered my Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid in April 2017, the dealer told me to expect delivery around October.

In August, we were informed that the car would be delayed until April 2018 due to the deviating stitching color (wtf?), or could be delivered in October if we elected black stitching. It's a special item for me so I decided to wait.

I received the attached letter in December indicating the car won't be delivered before June 2018 (14 months from order!) and immediately suspected EPA/CARB delays. From this and other threads it sounds like the cars are mostly sitting in port. My car finished production 1/12/2018 and shows delivery to Benicia Port between 3/9-3/16/18.
This is essentially the same letter I received in December as well except mine was for the 2018 Panamera 4 E-Hybrid (not the Turbo S E-Hybrid) but mine indicated "May soonest". So now it has just been EPA certified and should be CARB certified by Tuesday hopefully. Hopefully your Turbo S won't be far behind!!
Old 03-06-2018, 12:11 PM
W8MM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Anybody hear any news about 2018 Panamera e-hybrid certification/delivery????
Old 03-06-2018, 03:06 PM
SaratogaLefty
Pro

Originally Posted by W8MM
Anybody hear any news about 2018 Panamera e-hybrid certification/delivery????
We are still waiting for CARB certification. Not sure why it is taking so long but should be any day now.
Old 03-06-2018, 03:10 PM
W8MM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SaratogaLefty
We are still waiting for CARB certification. Not sure why it is taking so long but should be any day now.
Does that mean EPA cert is finished????
Old 03-06-2018, 05:13 PM
end9472
AutoX

Not according to my dealer or the PCNA rep for my region who I contacted today. I know this is contrary to what has been reported here and on other threads. The latest according to PCNA is that they expect EPA cert this month. But the rep wouldn't say when - likely because he has no idea.

Like most others, I too have been waiting for many months for the car Ordered the car last July as a birthday present for my wife. It has been sitting in the port of Houston since September 2017. What I don't understand is that our cars are still waiting on EPA certification while the 2019 Cayenne received it (a few weeks ago as I understand it). I hope I am wrong but I think there is more to this than just the EPA dragging their feet.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Panamera e-hybrid - EPA Cerification