Sponsored by:

Estimated value of my 993tt

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 05:44 PM
Slate993tt
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Estimated value of my 993tt

Well all this is a very hard post for me to write but the time may be here for me to let go of the favorite Porsche I've owned so far. With that being said I have no idea what to price it at and of'course I'd love nothing more than for it to go to a fellow Rennlister. I will initially list it in the members for sale forum first but until then I need to try and figure out what is a fair price. So I'm soliciting all you on what you think this excellent example of a driver would be. See I think it is the perfect example of a 993tt because its improved in multiple areas and it has only 7k miles on the engine and turbos which I had freshened up a few years ago. It's a absolute blast to drive and yet as docile as stock. I've owned the car 7 years now and have spared no expense on it since taking ownership. I would love nothing more than to find it a home to another Porsche enthusiast as myself.

Here's a high level of what it is.

1996 Slate Grey metallic w/blk interior 77K odometer miles

Body
  • Front bumperette deletion
  • Rear bumperette painted to match car
Engine
  • Full Engine rebuild at 70K miles
  • Protomotive 16/16g Turbos(only 7k miles on them)
  • Protomotive ECU programing
  • Electronic Boost Controller
  • Painted Intercooler Shroud(red)
  • Cargraphic Hi-Flow Oil-Cooler(mounts in factory location)
Exhaust
  • 100 Cell Metallic Cat inserts(Carnewal) inside factory housing(only 5k miles on these)
  • Fabspeed Muffler By-Pass installed(i have the factory original mufflers to be included with the car)
Transmission
  • Lightweight Flywheel
  • 997 GT3RS Pressure Plate
  • FD Short Sifter with Golden Rod
Suspension
  • KW v3 Coil-Overs - 8k miles on them
  • Rear Engine Tilt Kit(Done at time of Engine Rebuild)
Interior
  • 997 Gt3 Front Seats
  • 996 Gt3 Steering Wheel
  • Full Adjustable Rennline
Wheels & Tire
  • 2 Set of Wheels & Tires. factory 993 hollow Spoke Turbo wheels along with factory 996 turbo hollow spoke wheels(currently on it)
So what's something like this worth today? It's not a show car but if someone it looking for an excellent driver which has been improved in terms of handling, cooling, power, sound etc then I can't think of a better 911 to own. If you live in SoCal and been to SuperCar Sundays in Woodland hills then you've probably seen it.

Thanks for your opinions and suggestions. Is $130K right?

Chad

Last edited by Slate993tt; 12-04-2017 at 07:25 PM. Reason: posted a price
Old 12-04-2017, 05:53 PM
scosurf
Racer

Received 137 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Price

That is a nice car
my turbo R is valued per insurance at 175
im not sure if that is helpful
I would think a purest would be put off by all your improvements
but it is a very sweet car
my guess is north of 100 but less than 140????
what do I know ?
Old 12-04-2017, 05:58 PM
Slate993tt
Racer

I'd agree scosurf. It seems way too nice to be a $100k car(since you can't even find one for that) but no way do I think its worth +$140k and hey if the purest wants to put it back to stock they can...I have take off parts. except for the original turbos.
Old 12-04-2017, 06:16 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Chad, thanks for rejoining. Please post a price. Thanks!
Old 12-04-2017, 10:12 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

It's a great car you have, but 993TT prices have softened from their peak. The higher you price it, the longer it may sit.

So the question for you is, is it more important for you to get your price, or more important for a quick transaction and not to have your car for sale for a long time and field tons of tire kickers?

I can tell you that for $130K you are facing competition from cars with more originality and fewer miles that have been sitting near those prices for a long time. Check out Cars.com, Autotrader etc. and you'll see.

Good luck, and as Mark said, post a price!
Old 12-05-2017, 12:23 AM
Slate993tt
Racer

Thanks goofball. I'm a bit confused on post a price comment. I put $130k just so there is a price there and heck if someone wants it for $130k then let's talk...but the car isn't formally for sale. I am however trying to understand based on people that also currently own these and other Porsche aficionados on this site would list it for sale for if it was theirs to sell today. I put all the details on what was done to it so that peers could get a good understanding of the things I've done to it these past 3 years. In terms of what's out there...In my quick scan I didn't see anything less than $125k(asking price) and the car closest to mine in terms of modifications the person is asking $175k.

In no way do I have illusions of grandeur of what this car is worth. I really just put this post up to see if it was yours what you would list it at. I haven't been following the market and thus why I'm asking for opinions/help.
Old 12-05-2017, 01:09 AM
OverBoosted28
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

The only thing that has "softened" was the continued rise of the prices. Good cars get what they're expecting. I would say a buck 30 is reasonable, (and shouldn't sit for long) if you find someone who is more bent on driving a great car, as opposed to ROI. Your car is not outta reach to make stock, and obviously I think everything you've done, has enhanced/bettered the car. This should go to someone that wants a 3TT forever.
Old 12-05-2017, 10:44 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,934 Likes on 1,170 Posts

I have a friend with a 24k mile 993TT he has a buyer at $170k. Not sure if it helps but with all air cooled cars it depends on miles and condition. Nice cars bring the big $$ the rest sit.
Old 12-05-2017, 03:46 PM
Slate993tt
Racer

Thanks Guys...I'm not looking for big dollars. but don't want to under list it either. everyone's comments are appreciated. I just checked Car.com and the market doesn't seem very soft in terms of what people are asking...my god.
Old 12-05-2017, 05:05 PM
993TurboS
Burning Brakes

Received 254 Likes on 110 Posts

Beautiful car, but from what I have seen in the market, people do not value almost anything that takes the car away from stock. The engine rebuild is probably good, maintenance items that have been upgraded perhaps like shocks and springs might be neutral or positive for value, but non-stock wheels, seats, steering wheel, painted items, etc. don't add value, and probably reduce value if they cannot be costlessly reversed. You might find a buyer that wants the car just as you have it, but I think there is a lot broader market for cars that are as close to original as possible. I'd think about putting it back closer to stock and separately selling whatever upgrade parts you have.

All of that said, the prices people are talking about here seem reasonable. I'd just think the number would be higher if you the car was more original. Good luck with the potential sale.

p.s., I think that color is great and I'd pay a premium for it.
Old 12-05-2017, 07:11 PM
scosurf
Racer

Received 137 Likes on 56 Posts

I agree the color combo is a premium
Old 12-05-2017, 07:30 PM
Bradford
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Hey Chad, sorry that you are selling. I don't really follow the price of these cars like most on here do, so I can't give you any advise on the price. You have a well set up car and I wouldn't change a thing to sell it. Not everyone wants a rock stock car, especially if the mods are done tastefully! Besides, every mod is reversible if someone wants to return it to stock. It seems that there used to be a time on here when all we talked about was modding our cars. That was fun and the forum was very active . Once the value of these cars increased, the general consensus is that the car should look like it came off the showroom floor. To each their own . Anyhow I think you've do a great job with setting up you car and wish you the best!
Old 12-05-2017, 07:36 PM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 379 Likes on 204 Posts

Awesome color combination...great looking car. Just posted my 993tt on the Marketplace which is lower mileage and all original - yet more money. I think your ask is fine.
Old 12-05-2017, 08:41 PM
Knight
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 42 Posts

Agreed I think your ask is fine too! Closer to $100K just seems like to good of a deal. Keep in mind some areas are now approaching winter season so your overall pool of buyers will be down too. You guys are lucky in Cali.

Assuming cosmetically your in good shape, plus your engine rebuild these few points go a long way IMO. The car sounds like it's literally turn key for the next buyer to enjoy. I guess another way to look at this, how much would a 77K mile TT go for with original clutch, original suspension, no rebuild, original turbos etc.

It's not like your car has a crazy body kit or wheels, aftermarket interior stuff etc. It's tastefully upgraded, good luck hopefully there can be a turn of events and you keep the car.
Old 12-06-2017, 01:37 PM
Shark
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm currently in the market to buy. The number that popped in my head BEFORE looking at anyone else's guesses was $120k

Quick Reply: Estimated value of my 993tt