Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Love this car

Old 11-22-2017, 03:49 PM
ftlaud911
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Love this car

So after months of updating parts I am finally enjoying the car. Car is definitely not fast, but to my surprise I can only wind out 2nd before I am above the speed limit. Wish I could do 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. Now I am thinking about an RS flywheel. Does it ever end? Car is doing serious damage to my bank account. Want to get LM's next for sure. Had to take a picture when I went to the gym all cleaned up. What an awesome car! Feel fortunate to own it. My girl wants it and said I can buy another 911 for myself. Life is good....I think I may get a 964 ( want RS but can't afford the premium). Maybe a 3.2 Carrera would be good. Need to get a warehouse or expand garage to get some four post lifts since I am out of garage spaces. Just want to say thank you to everyone for answering some of my questions. Have a wonderful Turkey day tomorrow.

Old 11-22-2017, 03:56 PM
Railmaster.
Three Wheelin'

Received 107 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by ftlaud911
So after months of updating parts I am finally enjoying the car. Car is definitely not fast, but to my surprise I can only wind out 2nd before I am above the speed limit. Wish I could do 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. Now I am thinking about an RS flywheel. Does it ever end? Car is doing serious damage to my bank account. Want to get LM's next for sure. Had to take a picture when I went to the gym all cleaned up. What an awesome car! Feel fortunate to own it. My girl wants it and said I can buy another 911 for myself. Life is good....I think I may get a 964 ( want RS but can't afford the premium). Maybe a 3.2 Carrera would be good. Need to get a warehouse or expand garage to get some four post lifts since I am out of garage spaces. Just want to say thank you to everyone for answering some of my questions. Have a wonderful Turkey day tomorrow.

I know excactly what You mean! I keep my car 100% stock because once I get started I go to town!

But I consider an RSR exhaust and maybe some Fuchs wheels and a Stewe Wong chip and......
Old 11-22-2017, 09:59 PM
IainM
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 231 Posts

something about that first on ramp once she's warmed up.....
Old 11-23-2017, 02:29 AM
waizone
Burning Brakes

Received 50 Likes on 33 Posts

Are those lobster claws? They look great on your car. Congrats
Old 11-23-2017, 09:22 AM
spikej
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Love the blue. Is that a stock color?
Old 11-23-2017, 12:13 PM
ftlaud911
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are the stock 18" twist rims. Stock color - midnight blue metallic. Taking her over parents for Thanksgiving. First time they will see the car. It was on jack stands for months. Redid the entire fuel system, ignition system, and suspension. Only needed to do the plug wires, but figured it was time for an overhaul. First 4wd system for me and wow does this car corner well. Have yet to hear the tires even squeal. Just grips and goes where I point it. Fister III'S sound amazing. I do feel like I may have lost some backpressure down low. The sound up top though is intoxicating. Puts a smile on my face every time I turn the key. I will say the 993 is very civilized and sounds like it has tons of sound deadening. Could barely hear the stock exhaust before. Not anymore :-)
Old 11-23-2017, 05:40 PM
akrca4
Pro

Received 131 Likes on 63 Posts

Also have Fister III on my 98 C4S, they are intoxicating to drive...

Andy
Name:  photo537.jpg
Views: 549
Size:  314.0 KB
Old 12-01-2017, 03:32 PM
Jupiterfish
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

nice combo and color.

i love my car, ordering seats for xmas.
Old 12-01-2017, 04:16 PM
Railmaster.
Three Wheelin'

Received 107 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by ftlaud911

Can You actually wind out on second gear before You exceed the speed limits? Where do You live?
Old 12-02-2017, 04:38 AM
993RS
Race Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice car! Go for the RS flywheel! Makes the engine more lively!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Love this car