Sponsored by:

3M Reflective Caliper Wrap

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 10:11 PM
AmericanPupusa
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 3M Reflective Caliper Wrap

Made a video on the wrap I did for my calipers. I did something different and just wrapped the faces of the calipers to match the wrap on the car. It's a reflective high temperature wrap from 3M. It's easily removable if I change the wrap in the future so I thought this route was better than painting. Let me know what you think.

Old 10-16-2017, 10:14 PM
AmericanPupusa
Advanced

I also had my Turbo Wheels powder coated.

Old 10-16-2017, 10:27 PM
verboten
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love it! Quick, easy and no mess. Same prep work as paint. More colors to choose from? Only suggestion, I would cover the entire face of caliper to let more reflective color glow.
Old 10-16-2017, 10:34 PM
AmericanPupusa
Advanced

Originally Posted by verboten
Love it! Quick, easy and no mess. Same prep work as paint. More colors to choose from? Only suggestion, I would cover the entire face of caliper to let more reflective color glow.
Yeah, I'm still trying to decide on wether to do the whole thing. The material is only about $40. Sometimes I feel like it's a little too much with the fully wrapped calipers when the light hits the reflective material. This to me seemed to go with the black and orange theme as the calipers were black.

They have several colors to choose from. Reflective and non reflective.
Old 10-16-2017, 11:12 PM
platinum997
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 131 Posts

Wow.. didn't know this was possible. Interested to see how this holds up.

Love the color match to the car... Nice work.
Old 10-17-2017, 02:00 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Interested to see how it would look if you wrapped the whole thing.

But I wouldn't go as far as to say "Better than paint", that's down right crazy talk...

Old 10-17-2017, 11:04 PM
AmericanPupusa
Advanced

Originally Posted by Wheel Dynamics
Interested to see how it would look if you wrapped the whole thing.

But I wouldn't go as far as to say "Better than paint", that's down right crazy talk...

lol...I meant it was better than paint in the sense that paint is more permanent. I plan on changing the color in a couple years and really don't want to deal with stripping the calipers and repainting.

I like the yellow on the brake pads on yours...never seen that before.
Old 10-18-2017, 09:54 AM
Jlewis1436
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by AmericanPupusa
lol...I meant it was better than paint in the sense that paint is more permanent. I plan on changing the color in a couple years and really don't want to deal with stripping the calipers and repainting.

I get the idea of it not being permanent, and I love wrap etc, but this just looks too small IMO. If it covered the full caliper, I would say, yes 1000%. This looks cheap to me and draws attention to the fact that the whole caliper isn't done.

At this point, why not buy the fake Brembo cover off ebay? They at least cover the whole caliper.... I saw them on a Gen 1 Viper at a show, to be honest, they look better than a small sticker IMO....these are only like $10

To each their own. If you are happy, have at it! I do stuff to my car all the time people don't like. When they pay for it, I will care
Old 10-18-2017, 04:51 PM
Wheel Dynamics
Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

No worries, just busting your chops a little...
Old 10-19-2017, 12:31 AM
Saaboteur
Burning Brakes

Received 96 Likes on 60 Posts

Never knew this product existed! Thanks for posting. Can you say where you got the material? Is it easy enough to work with to get into all the nooks and crannies on the calipers, for wrapping the whole thing?
Old 10-19-2017, 09:25 AM
AmericanPupusa
Advanced

I got all my supplies from metrorestyling.com. They were very helpful and answered some of my newbie questions over the phone. That material is much thicker than the regular vinyl so it does take a little more work to get into the nooks and curves. I may try a different brand next Time around. I think Vvivid also makes a high temp reflective as well.
Old 10-19-2017, 05:25 PM
Saaboteur
Burning Brakes

Received 96 Likes on 60 Posts

I got all my supplies from metrorestyling.com. They were very helpful and answered some of my newbie questions over the phone. That material is much thicker than the regular vinyl so it does take a little more work to get into the nooks and curves. I may try a different brand next Time around. I think Vvivid also makes a high temp reflective as well.
Thanks for that! I’ll check it out!
Old 10-20-2017, 09:49 PM
captainbaker
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Cool idea. Have any videos or pics at night.....to see the reflective qualities?
Old 10-20-2017, 11:49 PM
AmericanPupusa
Advanced

Originally Posted by captainbaker
Cool idea. Have any videos or pics at night.....to see the reflective qualities?
I’ll see if I can take some later. I’ll post one I took in the parking garage the other day.

Quick Reply: 3M Reflective Caliper Wrap