Drifting

Received 226 Likes on 129 Posts

Wow.. that is total horse sh|t...
Old 10-03-2017, 06:45 PM
FLGT
Pro

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Sorry to hear.

If I am reading correctly, they have been holding $100k of your money for over a year? Wow.

I assume they never gave you anything in writing...?
Old 10-03-2017, 06:51 PM
SHAG
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

solved

Last edited by SHAG; 10-17-2017 at 10:59 AM. Reason: solved
Old 10-03-2017, 06:52 PM
matttheboatman
Rennlist Member

Received 610 Likes on 235 Posts

This is an easy one ****, but not pleasant.

Any good attorney will remedy your situation in court and very likely prevail unless you signed something that said you will pay over MSRP when you made your good faith agreement. Its unfortunate that they will loose their money, their time, their reputation, and attorney's fees.

I don't recall ever learning the exception to "always do the right thing" *unless there is a lot of money involved.

Say nothing else on line.
Old 10-03-2017, 06:54 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

Sorry to hear. Unfortunately more and more dealers going the greedy route
Old 10-03-2017, 06:55 PM
Icutyou
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by matttheboatman
This is an easy one ****, but not pleasant.

Any good attorney will remedy your situation in court and very likely prevail unless you signed something that said you will pay over MSRP when you made your good faith agreement. Its unfortunate that they will loose their money, their time, their reputation, and attorney's fees.

I don't recall ever learning the exception to "always do the right thing" *unless there is a lot of money involved.

Wow man what a crap situation!
Get em! Legally, publicly and everything in between.
If I was ever thinking of doing business with Porsche MAIN LINE, which I was at one point, it is out of the question now. That's straight extortion.
By the way bro next time charge them interest or something for the 100K. Jeez.

Trending Topics

Old 10-03-2017, 07:10 PM
FLGT
Pro

Originally Posted by matttheboatman
Attorney and this ^
Old 10-03-2017, 07:17 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Going from MSRP to +$250,000 with a "congrats" thrown in, wow, what a bag of dicks.
Old 10-03-2017, 07:26 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 952 Likes on 425 Posts

Holy crap. This is the epitome of greed. Horrible story. I wish you the best of luck with a good outcome. As stories like this get out, I truly hope others take notice and move business to reputable dealers. It would be one thing if you walked in off street and they shot you that quote; but to have an agreement and your cash, thrn completely ream your a-hole is just shocking.
Old 10-03-2017, 07:47 PM
carz80am
Pro

Received 70 Likes on 41 Posts

More and more dealers are doing this as they can get away with it. Porsche of arlington did it to me with a gt3rs and I had a signed buyers order. PCNA didn't car, Rosenthal corporate(who owns porsche of arlington) didn't care and suggested I buy cars from other dealers... F them all. I personally am done putting my name and deposits on lists or even caring about ordering a new porsche. I'll stick to my f12 for now and may look at Mclaren's
Old 10-03-2017, 07:53 PM
James Walker
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Slow down

I have also dealt with this dealer and found them to be fabulous. I would suggest you speak to the GM or Mr DiStanislao, I think you will get a different answer.
Old 10-03-2017, 08:05 PM
FLGT
Pro

Originally Posted by ****
I have #1 allocation in writing and trade in paperwork clearly states for GT2/RS.
Does it specify at MSRP?
Old 10-03-2017, 08:06 PM
wwspeeds
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am really sorry to hear about your experience. But I can't say I'm surprised after my conversation with the manager at a Porsche dealer in the northeast after seeing this ad on their website:

Available to the public! Anyone can go buy it today! How much do they want? They want you to sign a second *contract* that promises you will pay them whatever over MSRP the cars are trading for "on the second hand market" at the time of delivery. I had to ask the manager to repeat this with examples 3 times, as I was in disbelief. So if a car REPORTEDLY sells for $850,000 anywhere in the world, you owe them an additional half million dollars for your brand new car.

I can't even imagine this is legal. This is not a stock; there is no agreed market value. How can they ask you to sign a contract like that? I am sure others here have come across this dealership.

I honestly have half a mind to report these people to PCNA.
Old 10-03-2017, 08:12 PM
FLGT
Pro

Originally Posted by wwspeeds
I am really sorry to hear about your experience. But I can't say I'm surprised after my conversation with the manager at a Porsche dealer in the northeast after seeing this ad on their website:

Available to the public! Anyone can go buy it today! How much do they want? They want you to sign a second *contract* that promises you will pay them whatever over MSRP the cars are trading for "on the second hand market" at the time of delivery. I had to ask the manager to repeat this with examples 3 times, as I was in disbelief. So if a car REPORTEDLY sells for $850,000 anywhere in the world, you owe them an additional half million dollars for your brand new car.

I can't even imagine this is legal. This is not a stock; there is no agreed market value. How can they ask you to sign a contract like that? I am sure others here have come across this dealership.

I honestly have half a mind to report these people to PCNA.
Might as well say which dealer it is...

Quick Reply: Buying a GT2 RS: My Unfortunate Dealings with Porsche of the Main Line