Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2014 Carrera 4S PDK in Agate - CPO - Highly Optioned

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2018, 05:41 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 664 Likes on 357 Posts
Default 2014 Carrera 4S PDK in Agate - CPO - Highly Optioned

Year: 2014
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 33100
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof, Traction Control
Color: Agate
VIN: WP0AB2A97ES120445
Price (no $ sign please): $82995
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Texas
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: PDK
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 4 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: None

For sale is an C4S wide-body in Agate with an unusually nice build from both a performance and luxury point of view. The original MSRP was $139,430 (about $10k more than most 4S builds). The car currently has 33,100 miles. It is under CPO warranty until August 29, 2019. I am selling in preparation for my next step further up the 911 ladder.

FYI: My research shows the price for 2014 C4S PDK coupes with CPO on the Porsche NA site average $89,656 with 95%+ of those being less well optioned. If I price this car much lower, the 6.25% sales tax in Texas would eat up a lot of the difference between a trade and a sale; making it easier for me to just do a trade.

Options
The options on this car include these especially notable ones (see the sticker below for the full list):
  • Black Leather Interior in excellent condition (includes doors and dash in leather).
  • 18-way Adaptive Sport Seats with memory in excellent condition
  • Sport Chrono Package and PSE Sport Exhaust
  • Sport PASM with PDCC and the more aggressive SPASM front lip
    (-20mm over standard suspension and rides better than a non-PDCC SPASM car)
  • LED Headlights with PDLS Plus (automatic high beam control via camera) and the distinctive 4 LED halo running lights on each headlight. I love the extremely bright and even light field these project!
  • Premium Package Plus (includes Entry-and-Drive, heated and ventilated seats, light design package adjustable LED interior lighting, auto-dimming mirror)
  • Sport Design steering wheel with paddle shifters
  • Sunroof in glass
  • Park assist front and rear (no camera)
  • Bose with SiriusXM, HD Radio, and Online Services
Upgrades
  • Clear bra on front bumper, mirrors, fronts of fenders and front of hood. There are a couple of nicks in on the front side of the bra from where it did its job but it is still looking good and the paint underneath appears undamaged. The brand is not known since it was done by the original owner but it appears to be of top quality.
  • Top quality Pinnacle ceramic window tint that was perfectly installed.
  • New (1/2017) OEM carpeted floor mats plus all-weather OEM mats (the car came to me with the all-weather mats only).
  • The plastic front lip was replaced with a new one in July of 2016 and is the more aggressive SPASM lip.
  • The keys have new side blades and look like new. Guards Red for key #1 and Black Chrome for key #2. The original side blades are available.
  • The car had a new OEM windshield installed a few months ago due to a rock impact on the windshield only and is in great optical condition.
  • AWE wind diffusers (greatly reduces wind-buffeting when the windows are rolled down - originals are included as well).
Condition
I have the Blackstone oil reports from the last two oil changes and they both show excellent results. I change the oil much more frequently than required. See a photo of the Blackstone oil reports later.

I have never tracked the car but have occasionally participated in autocross. There are no known mechanical issues with the car. The battery was replaced last month with an AGM Duracell Ultra Platinum with extra amperage over stock at 850 CCA and 92AH. The brake fluid was flushed with the OEM fluid during dealer service in May 2017. I have a pair of new uninstalled BMC Air Filters that I'll pass on for the next change along with a fresh cleaning kit for the time after that!

There are no dents or dings and the paint on the car is in good condition overall. I refreshed the rock guards on the hips with new ones in late 2016. Providing far more disclosure than you'll find for any car at a dealership: There are some small gravel nicks along the black plastic rocker panel trim below the doors as is expected with a wide-body, but you won't notice them without close examination. These can be replaced for a few hundred dollars on the outside chance it bothers you. There is a pair of small scuffs very low on the driver-side of the back bumper that were nicely touched-up by the dealer I purchased the car from. Also low on the car below the back license plate are tiny ⅛" touchups that also came with the car. Finally, there is a faint scratch in the clear coat on top of the right hip that only gets noticed when I detail the car. It is possible it could be buffed out but I decided it was safer to just leave it since it was subtle and I didn't want to risk rubbing through the clear coat. These are shown in photos below.

The car received new rotors, pads, and sensors in July 2016 and then the OEM pads were replaced with ultra-low-dust high performance Carbotech ceramic brake pads shortly afterwards. Brake dusting is absolutely minimal and performance is great. Carbotech mostly makes racing pads although these are not considered racing pads. The brakes and pads are still in good condition with good life left.

The blacked-out logo seen in some of the photos is back to its original silver look. That was a simple plasti-dip treatment that has been removed. The car came from the factory with the model delete.

Wheels
I am giving the buyer options on the wheels. The listed price for the car includes only the OEM tires and wheels.

OEM Wheel Option
The OEM Carrera S wheels are in good condition with no curb rash and look great to the normal eye. There all the normal small rock nicks on the outer edges of the spokes that seem to occur with most Carrera S wheels. These are made by BBS and are the lightest non-forged OEM wheels for this car. The right rear had a short curb rash when the car was purchased but that was repaired. The 20" 245/305 P-Zeros on these wheels are a properly matched N-rated set but are due for replacement soon. TPMS is working perfectly.

HRE P101 Wheel Option
The HRE P101 forged Monobloc aluminum wheels currently on the car are a custom-fit set made to perfectly fill out the wheel wells on a wide-body without spacers. The wheels are in just-like-new condition and are free of curb-rash. They are in HREs Brushed Clear finish and the finish is astoundingly nice even across the entire width of the barrels. These wheels are as nice as they get. The HRE logo in the wheels includes the HRE factory red-letter fill option and the nicer colored HRE center caps. These wheels also have their own Porsche TPMS fitments that work perfectly with the cars TPMS system. These 20 wheels are wider than the OEM ones at 9 and 11.5 and both have 45 offsets. These get a lot of complements, Ive even had people ask to take photos of them.

These wheels are shod with fairly new Michelon P4S that have only 3800 miles on them. The tires were manufactured in week 49 of 2016 and week 10 of 2017. While they are not N-rated, they are rated as Extra Load tires and are 245/35R20 on the front and 305/30R20 on the rear. A tread depth gauge shows that the tread depth is currently 7/32 on both the inside and outside shoulders of all tires and 8/32 in the center. The tires have had no punctures or damage. I had an alignment done when they were installed and it must be spot-on for such perfect tire wear.

The listed price of the car does not include the price of the HRE wheels and tires. The wheels retail for $9800 + tax. The tires cost roughly $1700 installed for a total of about $11,500 retail before tax. I will include these at a discount with the car for half of retail at $6250 along with the OEM wheels and tires. If they dont sell with the car, I will later list them separately at a somewhat higher price.

Finally!
The car is located in Austin Texas and is kept garaged at home and when at the office. The dash-cam and radar detector visible in the photos can be easily removed without a trace. I plan on removing them before the sale.

The title is clear and in hand for immediate sale.

Photos
The photos below show the car with both the OEM wheels and the optional HRE wheels.

Be sure to check out the perfect stance that you get with the offsets on the HRE's combined with the -20mm from the SPASM suspension.

The black plastidip on the letters here has been removed, but it is a nice photo of the wide-body tail lights.

The phone mount seen in these photos has been recently removed. All of the leather in the car is in very good condition and has been maintained with Leatherique.

A couple of close-ups of the optional HRE wheels.

There are two lateral scuffs just behind the wheel well here barely visible here that were repaired by the dealer. I don't think anyone other than me has ever noticed them and that is only when I wash the car. They are well below tail light level almost down to the rear reflector height. A big advantage of Agate appears to be that it hides small blemishes like this extremely well.

I used a flashlight to get the faint clearcoat-only scratch here to highlight enough to show up in photos well.

The touchups below the license plate can be seen to the left and right of center just above and below the crease that is in shadow. They are also not noticeable unless you look for them.

Last edited by StormRune; 01-25-2018 at 09:53 PM.
Old 01-22-2018, 11:05 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,012 Likes on 1,262 Posts

I shouldn't have looked at this thread....... WANT!!!!

Here's a link to the build sheet. Nice Freakin Car!

http://mclaren722.herokuapp.com/pors...AB2A97ES120445

Old 01-23-2018, 09:47 AM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Thanks so much for the nice comments and assistance!
Old 01-23-2018, 10:25 AM
Klepper
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 138 Posts

Beautiful Car!
Old 01-23-2018, 10:49 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Klepper
Beautiful Car!
Thanks!
I find myself oscillating between enjoying the reportedly superb driving experience of a GT4 and a newer more-powerful 911.
The point being that I know your car is quite the awesome machine. Nice choice!
Old 01-24-2018, 09:26 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Update. Soon I'm going to list the HRE wheels for this car separately since they won't do me any good in a trade-in but I'd like to have the money to put towards a trade if the car doesn't sell here in a reasonable amount of time. If you are interested in the car WITH the HRE wheels then its best to act sooner than later!
Old 01-24-2018, 09:51 PM
WGJP 993
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Beautiful car, nice stance with those HREs. The buyer should really take those too.
Very thorough, well written ad. Best of luck with the sale!
Old 01-25-2018, 11:38 AM
skl2
Rennlist Member

Received 281 Likes on 146 Posts

great looking car. the perfect 991 daily driver. GLWS.
Old 01-25-2018, 09:39 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by WGJP 993
Beautiful car, nice stance with those HREs. The buyer should really take those too.
Very thorough, well written ad. Best of luck with the sale!
Thanks! I'm considering sweetening the HRE-combo deal a little more if someone will go ahead and take the wheels with the car... they really do look great on it.

Originally Posted by skl2
great looking car. the perfect 991 daily driver. GLWS.
Thanks again! I agree. But FYI: Although it would make a great DD, I only drove it to work rarely. Most of the miles I've added came from long drives out into the Texas Hill Country and one longer road trip. I find the 18-ways extraordinarily comfortable and I can easily spend hours behind the wheel.
Old 01-26-2018, 12:57 AM
raidersfan
Three Wheelin'

Received 154 Likes on 113 Posts

Why not run the sale through a dealer to pocket the difference in tax? It is pretty typical.
Old 01-26-2018, 01:56 AM
Oregonian
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great build on one of the nicest platforms out there- and an exceptionally well written ad!
Old 01-26-2018, 02:02 AM
KOTYKB
Burning Brakes

Received 119 Likes on 63 Posts

Very well written ad, GLWS!
Old 01-26-2018, 09:00 AM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by raidersfan
Why not run the sale through a dealer to pocket the difference in tax? It is pretty typical.
That's a great idea, and coincidentally it was brought up by both my local dealer and a dealer in Houston I was talking with over the last two days. Their fee wouldn't be very significant, I could cover that, and if I bought the next car through them within the next year the trade-in credit would still apply. I previously had no idea that I'd have a year to exercise the trade value.

The only possible downside is that if I don't find the next car at their dealership with the long list of specifics I'm looking for within the year, I'd be out the trade-in "pass-through" fee. I doubt I could wait a year in any case, and I like doing a nationwide search for just the right car. I also asked about used-car swaps with another dealer to help make such a thing happen, but they say that used-car swaps between dealers for a sale like this are almost unheard of. I guess I'd have to be more open to settling for a close match on my criteria since it would save me many thousands.

So you are right... it is likely the best way to go. I'm also open to this if it would make the buyer more comfortable about the transaction.

Originally Posted by Oregonian
Great build on one of the nicest platforms out there- and an exceptionally well written ad!
Originally Posted by KOTYKB
Very well written ad, GLWS!
Thank you!
Old 01-26-2018, 03:16 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

I've worked out an agreeable deal on a trade... so SOLD! You'll probably be seeing the car appear at the North Houston dealer soon!

Quick Reply: 2014 Carrera 4S PDK in Agate - CPO - Highly Optioned