Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

WTB: 993 C2S OR C4S THE BEST OF THE BEST

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2018, 03:33 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 357 Posts

Year: 1997
Make: Porsche
Model: 0
Mileage (numbers only please): 1000
Color: ANY
Price (no $ sign please): $100000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 4 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM Radio

Does anyone have any idea what fair pricing is nowadays for both 993 C2S/C4S? Lets assume increments of 20/30k miles 50/60k miles 80k miles and then over 100k miles? Would be good to know what the fair price ranges are. I mean, I personally would spend $150k on a 993 Turbo with mileage that supports the 150 price tag vs. spending $150K on a 20k mile C2S. It's a matter of taste generally but for me particularly it's dollars and sense. I think one cannot judge for what is out there online between dealers and dreamers. Just my 2 cents as I have voiced it on the other RL Thread titled 'Great American 993s.
Old 01-29-2018, 03:37 PM
waizone
Burning Brakes

Received 50 Likes on 33 Posts

A Zenith Blue 993C2S just landed at Paul Stephens Porsche. Looks amazing.
Old 01-29-2018, 03:49 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

It's Right Hand Drive.. Good for our English Friends to enjoy. Haven't mastered shifting with my left hand yet despite living many years in Caribbean islands where driving is on the left.
Old 01-29-2018, 06:44 PM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 591 Likes on 375 Posts

Originally Posted by JAB12
Does anyone have any idea what fair pricing is nowadays for both 993 C2S/C4S? Lets assume increments of 20/30k miles 50/60k miles 80k miles and then over 100k miles? Would be good to know what the fair price ranges are. I mean, I personally would spend $150k on a 993 Turbo with mileage that supports the 150 price tag vs. spending $150K on a 20k mile C2S. It's a matter of taste generally but for me particularly it's dollars and sense. I think one cannot judge for what is out there online between dealers and dreamers. Just my 2 cents as I have voiced it on the other RL Thread titled 'Great American 993s.

Julio, my dear friend. Here's what I posted on another thread a few weeks ago that relates to the question (as you know, I have been watching the 993 WB market assiduously for the past three-quarters of a year):

C4S Arena Red with factory Aerokit with about 17k miles sold for just under $100k;
C4S Arena Red with factory Aerokit with about 17k miles HASN'T sold for ask ~$114k;
C2S Glacier White with some nice options (but no HB seats) with about 25k miles also sold for just under $100k;
C4S Dark Blue with 16k miles HASN'T sold for ask ~$117k;
C4S Arctic Silver with 22k miles and factory Aerokit HASN'T sold for ask ~$117k;
C2S Silver and black with under 20k miles (don't recall exact) was offered by an individual for about $114k and a dealer bought it and is now asking more than $130k;
C2S blue with grey interior with lows 20k miles didn't sell for $102k until the dealer above bought it and is now asking something like $120k;
two more C4Ss in silver with miles in the low 30ks haven't sold for asks ~$102k - $109k;

On FB recently someone posted the following questions:

"Can i get some advice on the 993 market..?

+ or - in value change in relation to the avg

All are manual C2S or C4S

- Factory Aero Kit _____ (+$5000?)

- Verified minor front end accident on fax. _____ (-$8000?)

- Black/Black _____ (+$3000?)

- White/Cashmere _____ (x,xxx?)

- C2S _____ (+$4000?)

- C4S _____ (-$4000?)

I'm weighing 2 cars and want to figure out how I should be evaluating value based on each situation."

To which I replied: Your questions yield different answers depending upon personal taste. For me, I don’t care for the Aerokit...doesn’t make it bad, just not for me, so could be negative value. Same with black on black. Yes, prefer C2S to 4 but the overall package is more important (to me) on 2v4 question. Accident...probably only matters when you decide to sell, as it limits the pool of interested buyers. All things equal, prefer most interior colors to grey or cashmere, which are lower on the list for me. But could be the opposite for others. So it’s all very personal. Surely don’t buy one of these cars that has anything you might regret later...so for me, I probably won’t buy an Aerokit car, much as I am tempted from time to time.

Perhaps not a bullseye to your inquiry, but some additional info.

I hope our friend Jay777 will also chime in, as he's been studying prices in this market, too.
Old 01-29-2018, 07:30 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU
Julio, my dear friend. Here's what I posted on another thread a few weeks ago that relates to the question (as you know, I have been watching the 993 WB market assiduously for the past three-quarters of a year):

C4S Arena Red with factory Aerokit with about 17k miles sold for just under $100k;
C4S Arena Red with factory Aerokit with about 17k miles HASN'T sold for ask ~$114k;
C2S Glacier White with some nice options (but no HB seats) with about 25k miles also sold for just under $100k;
C4S Dark Blue with 16k miles HASN'T sold for ask ~$117k;
C4S Arctic Silver with 22k miles and factory Aerokit HASN'T sold for ask ~$117k;
C2S Silver and black with under 20k miles (don't recall exact) was offered by an individual for about $114k and a dealer bought it and is now asking more than $130k;
C2S blue with grey interior with lows 20k miles didn't sell for $102k until the dealer above bought it and is now asking something like $120k;
two more C4Ss in silver with miles in the low 30ks haven't sold for asks ~$102k - $109k;

On FB recently someone posted the following questions:

"Can i get some advice on the 993 market..?

+ or - in value change in relation to the avg

All are manual C2S or C4S

- Factory Aero Kit _____ (+$5000?)

- Verified minor front end accident on fax. _____ (-$8000?)

- Black/Black _____ (+$3000?)

- White/Cashmere _____ (x,xxx?)

- C2S _____ (+$4000?)

- C4S _____ (-$4000?)

I'm weighing 2 cars and want to figure out how I should be evaluating value based on each situation."

To which I replied: Your questions yield different answers depending upon personal taste. For me, I don’t care for the Aerokit...doesn’t make it bad, just not for me, so could be negative value. Same with black on black. Yes, prefer C2S to 4 but the overall package is more important (to me) on 2v4 question. Accident...probably only matters when you decide to sell, as it limits the pool of interested buyers. All things equal, prefer most interior colors to grey or cashmere, which are lower on the list for me. But could be the opposite for others. So it’s all very personal. Surely don’t buy one of these cars that has anything you might regret later...so for me, I probably won’t buy an Aerokit car, much as I am tempted from time to time.

Perhaps not a bullseye to your inquiry, but some additional info.

I hope our friend Jay777 will also chime in, as he's been studying prices in this market, too.
Thank you Doug (HelpmeHelpU)! Wise words much appreciated. Looks like $100k is the bench median plus/minus all of the factors, or not, to be considered as matter of personal taste or vehicle condition. That said, where would you place a higher mileage but well kept and sorted vehicle (as in new buyer needs to do nothing but drive) vs a lower mileage vehicle that once bought needs the usual work to bring up to par, hence spend another $5-$10k on 'sorting' during the first year of ownership, or maybe more?
For example during my search for a 993 S/4S months ago I came across a 50k+ mile S example for about $60k but it failed leak down/compression test and was a tip. At the time I didn't mind if tip or manual. It was same owner for most of its life but the PPI notes transferred into potentially another $10-$15k easily, not to mention loss of time to enjoy right after purchasing the car. That was not a good proposition for me so I passed, not to mention it was Tip. Which I can tell you now I do not prefer regardless if my initial introduction to Porsche was PDK back when I did not know any better. Unless additional input from other members that have done their 993 homework extensively like you have, it seems that basically you can ask whatever you want for these cars, I mean, one of my local PCA buddies is asking $140k for his '97 aerokit C2S, under 30k miles. At those prices I would prefer to go for a 60k to 70k+ mile Turbo, but that is just me. Not that I would do it in the foreseeable future, but this info is useful if I ever decide to pass along the C4S I just bought which I already have invested north of $4k to improve cosmetically and some very minor mechanicals that showed up on the PPI. Color matching Hardback seats are probably next for later in the year.
Old 01-31-2018, 03:26 AM
airkuhl993
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 15 Posts

I appreciate all the detailed information coming through. The cars that have been presented to me have all been very nice but none yet check all the boxes. For those who are thinking of listing in the spring I can assure you that if the car meets the above requirements I can make a very compelling offer! Send me a message and Ill get back to you swiftly.
Old 01-31-2018, 10:46 AM
Chazcamp
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 1998 one owner S black

I know of someone considering selling his one owner 98C2S black with tan interior

27,5xx original miles

PM me if interested. Very superficial affiliation with this seller/car so not sure at all. But clean clean clean and original.
Old 02-02-2018, 06:12 AM
airkuhl993
Instructor

Still searching for the one. I realise this may take some time but I am willing to wait as long as it takes to find the perfect one. Happy Friday people!
Old 02-04-2018, 11:40 AM
1FlossedM3
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 29 Posts

I'm also looking, not trying to shark airkuhls thread as I'm looking for more of a driver, miles on the mid to higher side is OK too lower budget as well.

Mostly posted here to see what you guys find, and learn more about about the market on these cars. Seems Air is looking for the unicorn!
Old 02-10-2018, 04:55 AM
airkuhl993
Instructor

Originally Posted by 1FlossedM3
I'm also looking, not trying to shark airkuhls thread as I'm looking for more of a driver, miles on the mid to higher side is OK too lower budget as well.

Mostly posted here to see what you guys find, and learn more about about the market on these cars. Seems Air is looking for the unicorn!
Still on the hunt. Any leads appreciated. Appreciate those than sent me a PM, everyone helpful even with providing PPI’s of cars still for sale on this board. Saves a lot of time and money! Not every car is as it initially appears as I am sure many of you know.
Old 02-11-2018, 04:11 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Manual991
https://www.pca.org/node/318167
No pictures and $200k. 258 miles, ocean blue, hard back sport seats. unicorn if real.
This car sat at Sloancars in New Haven for many months. They were asking $275K at the time. My brother did see it - the car is as advertised. It's absolutely showroom perfect. Full gray leather, I believe. I don't know where it is now - I cannot access the PCA page for some reason even tho I'm a member.
Old 02-12-2018, 07:10 AM
inspectX
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@airkuhl993: I saw a really nice '98 C2S 6-speed in Arctic silver. Happy to PM you the listing if you'd like.
Old 02-12-2018, 11:25 AM
airkuhl993
Instructor

Please do!
Old 02-13-2018, 07:24 AM
airkuhl993
Instructor

Bump.
Old 02-19-2018, 03:40 PM
airkuhl993