Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

Did TWO GT3RS.2 really have engine failures at Watkins Glen??

Old 06-27-2019, 11:49 PM
mdrums
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts

I understand...just going on what the service advisor was telling me. Sucks to have to worry let alone go through something like this.
Old 06-28-2019, 12:23 AM
MileHigh911
User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If Porsche starts nickel and diming cars used on the track, then it will be the end of the GT dept providing track orientated cars. Welcome to BMW. Why spend 160-200k to be denied warranty coverage when there is no user error (ie.money shift).
Old 06-28-2019, 01:05 AM
groundhog
User

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by krell View Post
^^^^
What he said.
^^^^^^^^what he said and then some more - only caveat, did the owner use true slicks?
Old 06-28-2019, 02:02 AM
Howydo
User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Waxer View Post
I havenít read or heard about any 600LT issues and it has been out for a while. You have other info?
Absolutely, thereís a new 600LT on the Maclife forum right now thatís leaking oil. Anyone here that believes that Mclaren build quality, reliability and customer service are even close to Porsche is living on another planet! Iíve owned 2 Mclarenís (12C and 720s) and multiple GT Porsche cars. There is NO COMPARISON between the two manufacturers. Porsche does everything they can to fix the problem and make the customer happy. Mclaren does everything they can to blame the issue on the customer and void the warranty. They just blamed Salamondrin for a fire that almost killed him and his wife on a new 11 day old Senna ! Mclaren is establishing itself as a company with ****ty build quality, horrible customer service and depreciation thatís off the charts. Donít try telling me that Ferrari , Lamborghini and Porsche depreciate at the same rate because again youíd all be misinformed and grossly wrong ! Tried Mclaren , loved the performance but the rest of their product and the way they treat customers after a purchase is unacceptable, period !
Old 06-28-2019, 08:51 AM
Mussl Kar
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Howydo View Post
Absolutely, thereís a new 600LT on the Maclife forum right now thatís leaking oil. Anyone here that believes that Mclaren build quality, reliability and customer service are even close to Porsche is living on another planet! Iíve owned 2 Mclarenís (12C and 720s) and multiple GT Porsche cars. There is NO COMPARISON between the two manufacturers. Porsche does everything they can to fix the problem and make the customer happy. Mclaren does everything they can to blame the issue on the customer and void the warranty. They just blamed Salamondrin for a fire that almost killed him and his wife on a new 11 day old Senna ! Mclaren is establishing itself as a company with ****ty build quality, horrible customer service and depreciation thatís off the charts. Donít try telling me that Ferrari , Lamborghini and Porsche depreciate at the same rate because again youíd all be misinformed and grossly wrong ! Tried Mclaren , loved the performance but the rest of their product and the way they treat customers after a purchase is unacceptable, period !
Save your MacHate for somewhere else. Does not belong in this thread.
Old 06-28-2019, 09:49 AM
Howydo
User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mussl Kar View Post
Save your MacHate for somewhere else. Does not belong in this thread.
First, Iím not the one that introduced Mclaren issues into this thread. Second, Iím simply stating the facts from PERSONAL experience. I also have multiple friends with many many issues with their Mclarenís. Thereís even a Maclife thread right now about many owners having problems. Mclaren has a serious problem that needs to be addressed.

I was answering a question that was asked earlier in this thread ! I agree this thread got off topic, however, donít blame me for contributing information that you donít like hearing ! You may have had better luck with your 570s and thatís great but that seems to be the exception not the norm. My friends 570s was in service for 6 months and ended up needing a new engine. Car was so bad it ended up being lemoned! Sure, other manufacturers have problems too but not to the same extent. Also, as you stated earlier when your Porsche had a problem it was fixed . Mclaren not only has all these problems but also Doesnít follow through like they should with warranty issues. Thatís my biggest gripe.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: