Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Rebuilt 955 Cayenne S Engine

Old 07-20-2014, 04:58 PM
Scott1956
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rebuilt 955 Cayenne S Engine

Category: Engine - Complete
Price (no $ sign please): $6500
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): Cayenne
Location (Region): NorthEast
Item Condition: Used

Rebuilt 4.5L V8 engine for a 2004 Porsche Cayenne S. Fits 2003 to 2007 Porsche Cayenne S

This is a fresh rebuild with 0 miles. As a forum member you know these engines suffer from failures of the Alusil cylinder coating. This was corrected by slightly boring the cylinder and coating it with a Nikasil coating. Nikasil is a very hard chrome like coating that is typically found in high performance motorcycle and car engines. The coating is then diamond honed to the factory bore size. A set of custom piston rings designed to work with this coating were installed on stock sized pistons. The crank was checked for straightness and balance. All of the piston assemblies were balanced and are closer than factory specifications.

This engine block failed at only 35k miles. After repairing the block and assembling the rotating assembly, every internal part was checked and verified to be within within factory specifications. Any worn or damaged parts were replaced. The engine builder is a perfectionist that has been building engines for over 30 years.
$6500 NO CORE CHARGE
This price includes a 30 day unlimited milage warranty. Some restrictions apply.
email me for details.
The engine can be picked up at my location in East Brunswick NJ 08816 at no charge, I can arrange for shipping at your cost or you can handle it.

If you are contemplating changing the engine in your Porsche Cayenne it will come out the front, it does not need to be removed from the bottom as outlined on the Porsche Service Manual. I am happy to assist with any questions that you might have on the process to change out this engine.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at scott1956 (at) gmail (dot) com

I know that I am new to the forum you can check out my 100% ebay feedback rating by looking as seller ID Scott1956

Thank you
Scott
Attached Images      
Old 07-20-2014, 05:03 PM
Scott1956
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

More Pics
Attached Images   
Old 01-21-2015, 04:55 PM
DavidLuick
4th Gear