Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

87 OUTLAW 911 TWIN TURBO

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 09:18 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Year: 1987
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 4300
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Door Locks, Power Windows, Sunroof
Color: black
Price (no $ sign please): $85000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Midwestern
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM Stereo

Originally Posted by Harley Weber
Yes I have driven my friends 89 targa a few times and when I was growing up a friend of the family (who was a bit of a trustafarian) had a mess of porsches mostly 356s but also a couple 911s and a 914 that he loved (and I did not). When I turned 16 he offered to sell me the '76 911s for peanuts ... though I had the money saved (from paper routes, chopping neighbors wood, etc.) my parents forbid it. Probably for good reason as I got in quite a bit of trouble in my parents bmw 2002 and celica turbo. Would love to finally live the dream and your tt looks like a perfect midlife crisis
Haha, sounds like you have a need for speed. If your in the area of the northwest suburbs of Chicago I would love to show it to you.
Old 07-20-2018, 02:14 PM
Harley Weber
Cruisin'

I am genuinely interested in getting a PPI but there is no way I can get to Chicago until September to check it out in person. I read on Pelican that Midwest Eurosport in Bensenville is good ... is that something we can do? Since relatively new to this forum I don't think I can PM you .... anyway let me know. Thanks, Harley
Old 07-20-2018, 03:01 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Harley Weber
I am genuinely interested in getting a PPI but there is no way I can get to Chicago until September to check it out in person. I read on Pelican that Midwest Eurosport in Bensenville is good ... is that something we can do? Since relatively new to this forum I don't think I can PM you .... anyway let me know. Thanks, Harley
Hi Harley, lets set it up! I sent you a private message. Let me know if you received it.
Old 11-17-2018, 01:53 PM
matthepcat
2nd Gear

Have you tried contacting protomotive/ prototech to get the motor build details? (would be great for a prospective buyer to have these details)

When was the drivetrain built?

Was the car tuned when you purchased it or did you have the car tuned at Dynosource Performance?

When the car was corner balanced and aligned, what is the weight of the car?

Has the car been driven in the salt?

Cheers
Old 11-17-2018, 05:07 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by matthepcat
Have you tried contacting protomotive/ prototech to get the motor build details? (would be great for a prospective buyer to have these details)

When was the drivetrain built?

Was the car tuned when you purchased it or did you have the car tuned at Dynosource Performance?

When the car was corner balanced and aligned, what is the weight of the car?

Has the car been driven in the salt?

Cheers
I have, Dave Hart (the owner) is Not a easy person to get any feedback from, nor is he friendly. He doesn’t want to put the time into trying to find any paperwork. He said it sounds like a stage 3 plus car but wouldn’t know what components where used. The drivetrain was done probably about 5 years ago. I would have to look at the files I have to see if I can find any evidence of that. When I bought the car there were only around 2 or 3 thousand miles on it.

the car was tuned when I purchased it. I was there when they did the dyno and Harold the owner said it was perfectly tuned, they did not touch a thing.

I didn’t ask the weight of the car when it was corner balanced but perhaps could find out if they took notes.

It was a Orlando Florida car when I bought it from the man who had it built. I most certainly never drove it in the salt. There is no rust on the car. I’ve already stored it away for the winter 2 weeks ago.

Old 11-18-2018, 01:07 AM
harko
8th Gear

Damn! This is a bit over my budget, but would make for an unforgettable first P-car! GLWS!!
Old 11-18-2018, 08:54 AM
hf1
Banned

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,121 Posts

What records do you have and what do you know about the car’s history (owners, usage, mods, paintwork, accidents, flood, etc.)? Is the paint original? Any pics of the interior? Thx.
Old 11-18-2018, 12:19 PM
NBoost
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 87911

I have, Dave Hart (the owner) is Not a easy person to get any feedback from, nor is he friendly. He doesn’t want to put the time into trying to find any paperwork. He said it sounds like a stage 3 plus car but wouldn’t know what components where used. The drivetrain was done probably about 5 years ago. I would have to look at the files I have to see if I can find any evidence of that. When I bought the car there were only around 2 or 3 thousand miles on it.

the car was tuned when I purchased it. I was there when they did the dyno and Harold the owner said it was perfectly tuned, they did not touch a thing.

I didn’t ask the weight of the car when it was corner balanced but perhaps could find out if they took notes.

It was a Orlando Florida car when I bought it from the man who had it built. I most certainly never drove it in the salt. There is no rust on the car. I’ve already stored it away for the winter 2 weeks ago.

I called Dave a couple years ago to ask about a car he built. He was friendly enough and spent about 20 minutes going over the build. Imo, if you have a prospective buyer call him and ask you might have better luck, especially if the buyer is thinking about sending it to him for a freshening up or otherwise thinking of spending a little money with him. I don't know what sort of record keeping he uses but he ought to be able to at least pull receipts with a VIN #.
Old 11-18-2018, 08:46 PM
matthepcat
2nd Gear

Only reason I asked about salt is one of the bypass valves on the underside of the motor looks to have corrosion.

Having sold several Porsche's over the years, I know the selling part can get annoying...especially if the price is over say 40k. The more detail you can provide, the better.

thanks for your time.

Quick Reply: 87 OUTLAW 911 TWIN TURBO