Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1996 Porsche 911 Carrera2 Cab (993)

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2017, 11:25 AM
TOM BLANK
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1996 Porsche 911 Carrera2 Cab (993)

Year: 1996
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 993
Mileage (numbers only please): 50250
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows
Color: Arena Red
VIN: WP0CA2993TS341893
Price (no $ sign please): $52993
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Midwestern
Body Style: Cabriolet
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Last of the air cooled Porsche's. 1996 911 (993) Carrera 2. Excellent condition only 50,219 miles. All service performed regularly and on time and have invoices. Never seen snow, no accidents, all books and keys intact. Included in sale is cab boot, wind deflector and premium car cover custom made for this vehicle. 60k mile maintenance performed at 46k miles which included total fluid drain and replace (oil, brake, clutch, gearbox), all new belts, plugs, dist caps, rotors, NEW WIRING HARNESS, 4 CO2 sensors, all filters (oil, air, cabin, fuel). Car runs like the day it was new. No accidents or mods. Never tracked or raced. All original except upgraded from 17" to 18" turbo twist wheels ($3500 cost for wheels back in 2005) and stereo which was already replaced before I bought it back in 2006. I have since replaced with Kenwood head and Hertz speakers and power amp installed by Columbus Audio. Now has Bluetooth and hands free phone functions. Email or text 614-989-4786 me and we can discuss further. I'll answer all questions honestly and supply any additional photos you would like. I HAVE DECIDED TO JUST GO AHEAD AND REPLACE THE CAB TOP--WORK IS SCHEDULED FOR MID MAY USING GAHH TOP/A5 SONNENLAND GERMAN CANVAS, WILL BE INSTALLED BY TRITEX CORP IN COLUMBUS--. YOU CAN SEE THE CURRENT TEAR ON THE REAR VIEW PHOTO BY THE TOP OF REAR WINDOW. I will re-post photos once repair is completed. Originally a Florida / Georgia car. I only drive it May thru September, then waxed, covered, started weekly and rolled to avoid tire flat spots while in storage. All PIP inspections are welcomed. This 911 would be perfect for anybody who wants to get back into a Porsche and own one that has been very well maintained and will keep appreciating in value.

Original Options:
Heated front seats
Power front seats
Comfort full leather seats
Cruise Control
Sound Package Plus
Infrared Security
Wind Stop
C-7 17" wheels--since replaced w 18"
Locking Differential
Active Brake Differential

SOLD
Attached Images                       

Last edited by TOM BLANK; 06-30-2017 at 10:00 AM. Reason: SOLD
Old 04-14-2017, 10:20 AM
TOM BLANK
Intermediate

Any suggestions on why this is not selling? I've received 5-6 inquiries from "tire kickers" but nothing really serious...Any comments or suggestions would be highly appreciated....Thanks.
Old 04-14-2017, 10:27 AM
pecivil
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

its a gorgeous car, and the price seems very reasonable for 50k miles. GLWS.
Old 04-14-2017, 10:41 AM
TOM BLANK
Intermediate

Thanks--I've received calls from brokers from all over the country--LA, Las Vegas, Miami, Virginia etc.... all offering mid 30's....Must be very frustrating for them to call hundreds of sellers a day trying to offer wholesale pricing to a seller in the retail arena!!
Old 04-14-2017, 11:25 AM
ChicagoM4
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Cars like this just need time to find the right buyer.
Old 04-14-2017, 01:30 PM
StevieC
Banned

Nice car. I'd say just be patient.
Old 04-26-2017, 05:01 PM
Rockit
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TOM BLANK
Any suggestions on why this is not selling? I've received 5-6 inquiries from "tire kickers" but nothing really serious...Any comments or suggestions would be highly appreciated....Thanks.
Brighter pictures in the sun.

Take some engine pictures.

Take a picture of the rear seats, more far away pictures of the interior.

Close up of calipers

close up of seat wear and pedals.
Old 04-30-2017, 10:02 AM
squid42
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I also suggest a formal list of options on the car. You can't pull up the build sheet easily, but you could download a 1996 brochure and check which options you have.

Me not being that familiar with 993 models don't even know for sure whether that is a C4 (I suspect it is based on rear reflector).

Some underbody photos maybe? Especially the engine area. I also like photos of the struts and springs.

As said, you have one of the most gorgeous colors of the period and I suggest randomly bringing it out in different light, snap a few pictures and see what works. I might have some arena red pictures I liked as a reference somewhere.
Old 04-30-2017, 10:27 AM
MielsOnWheels
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Beautiful car, but I'm a bit biased, lol. You might consider explaining why a new wiring harness was needed on a 50k mile car. Was there a recall on that? (I'm asking, i don't know). Or was there an electrical issue that necessitated a new wiring harness? That might be scaring away some potential buyers.

I agree with others that a full options list and additional pics of the interior and engine are needed.

...maybe consider a tan top too...it looks the bee's knees with AR and Cashmere interior IMHO...but again, i might be biased.

GLWS!
Old 04-30-2017, 01:48 PM
il pirata
Banned

Received 166 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by VA993Dreamer
. You might consider explaining why a new wiring harness was needed on a 50k mile car. Was there a recall on that? (I'm asking, i don't know).
There was a recall that effected 95 & 96 models:

https://members.rennlist.com/pcaraci...gharness5.html
Old 04-30-2017, 05:18 PM
TOM BLANK
Intermediate

I replaced the Wiring harness not because of mileage but because of age---It was starting to show early signs of decay / cracking and just wanted to replace under my terms instead of waiting till it went bad--My mechanic agreed and I bought the harness and he installed when I had the major service done...
Old 05-01-2017, 03:15 PM
MM3.9GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 22 Posts

Your car is absolutely beautiful. How many owners, including you?
Old 05-01-2017, 03:35 PM
TOM BLANK
Intermediate

I am the third owner and have owned it since April 2006---I'm working with Car Fax to correct what they have--They have me listed as the 7th owner, The first owner had it titled as a corporate lease vehicle in Florida, then opened offices in Georgia and Alabama and titled it in those states---Anyway, Car fax has it as 5 owners for those occurrences. I actually spoke with the original owner in March of this year (he left a receipt in the owners manual for the wheels he had put on in 2004 and with the power of Google, was incredibly easy to track down). He verified that he bought the car brand new from the dealer and sold it in 2005. I believe the guy since he sold the car 12 years ago and had no reason to lie. When I purchased the car from Victory Motor Cars out of Houston, TX, the owner there gave me a similar story. I purchased the car in 2006. In fact car fax even has listed that I sold the car in 2007 which is a mystery--Do you get the impression I think car fax is a joke! Only as complete as the info they get and even then they muck it up.
Old 05-01-2017, 04:18 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

993 Cabs move slow because they're ugly. If it was a Coupe it would have sold within a few days! If was working and not been out of work so long, I would have bought it. It's a great axample.
Old 05-01-2017, 04:24 PM
MM3.9GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by TOM BLANK
I am the third owner and have owned it since April 2006---I'm working with Car Fax to correct what they have--They have me listed as the 7th owner, The first owner had it titled as a corporate lease vehicle in Florida, then opened offices in Georgia and Alabama and titled it in those states---Anyway, Car fax has it as 5 owners for those occurrences. I actually spoke with the original owner in March of this year (he left a receipt in the owners manual for the wheels he had put on in 2004 and with the power of Google, was incredibly easy to track down). He verified that he bought the car brand new from the dealer and sold it in 2005. I believe the guy since he sold the car 12 years ago and had no reason to lie. When I purchased the car from Victory Motor Cars out of Houston, TX, the owner there gave me a similar story. I purchased the car in 2006. In fact car fax even has listed that I sold the car in 2007 which is a mystery--Do you get the impression I think car fax is a joke! Only as complete as the info they get and even then they muck it up.
Tom, thank you.

Originally Posted by R_Rated
993 Cabs move slow because they're ugly. If it was a Coupe it would have sold within a few days! If was working and not been out of work so long, I would have bought it. It's a great axample.
I am not a 993 expert, but I thought that Cabriolets generally command a premium over the coupe versions assuming similar condition, mileage etc.

Quick Reply: 1996 Porsche 911 Carrera2 Cab (993)