Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Dealer Inventory 993 RS in Polar Silver

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 04:34 PM
Seanlabonte
Platinum Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Default 993 RS in Polar Silver

Year: 1995
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 993
Mileage (numbers only please): 18460
Color: Polar Silver
VIN: WP0ZZZ99ZTS390844
Price (no $ sign please): $459993
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): West
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Other
Stereo System: AM-FM Stereo

Exclusively Available at Porsche Fresno is this 993 RS in Polar Silver with less than 30k kilometers.

The car was imported by Jeff Smith, the best 993 expert on The West Coast, and is on consignment here, it has had no paintwork done to it, and with the low kilometers, although yes it has been driven, it is in pristine and original condition. The owner of the car is a Doctor in the Midwest with a large collection of Ferrari's and Porsche's - we recently sold his 993 Turbo, his 488 Spyder and have his 94 Speedster on consignment as well. He has a new GT3RS, SP2 Monza and Pista coupe on order, hence the sales. CJ and him are personal friends which is why he consigns his cars through us. Unlike recent auction examples from Pebble Beach and Scottsdale which had been dubiously reassembled, this is a truly original example with nothing to hide, no touch up and no stories. It does have the patina of a driven car, but that is part of the experience of owning a straight up fantastic 1990's collector Porsche. This RS is the rarest iteration- with over 1500 73 RS models, and 2000+ 964's...the ~1000 993 RS's represent a unique slot with the precursor to the GT3RS's formula: huge wing, big chin spoiler, and no apologies for a loud exhaust.

Type 993. 300 bhp, 3,746 cc air-cooled horizontally opposed six-cylinder with Varioram and Motronic engine management, six-speed manual transmission, independent front suspension with McPherson struts, Bilstein coil-over dampers, and an adjustable anti-roll bar, independent rear suspension with semi-trailing arms, Bilstein coil-over dampers, and an adjustable anti-roll bar, and four-wheel servo-assisted disc brakes. Wheelbase: 89.4 in.

For over 50 years, the Porsche 911 has enjoyed an enviable record as one of the finest sports cars on the planet. It is the benchmark to which all other sports cars compare themselves and are compared to. It remains, to this day, the most revered model in Porsche’s vaunted history.

While all 911s are truly brilliant cars, the best of them are born and bred in the crucible of motor-sport. And the Type 993 Carrera RS is one of those very best. As it was based on the Carrera Cup competition car, it was specifically conceived as a homologation special to qualify the RSR 3.8 for BPR GT3 and GT4 racing. As such, the Carrera RS was only offered to the European market, and it never made its way stateside when new.

At its heart is the 3.8-liter flat-six engine, which boasted numerous improvements over the earlier 3.6-liter engine, allowing the 3.8 (Type M64/20) to produce 300 brake horsepower at 6,500 rpm and 262 foot-pounds of torque at 5,400 rpm. It was fitted with Porsche’s innovated Variocam variable-length intake system and also featured newly designed forged pistons of a reduced height and a relocated wrist-pin, helping to keep piston weight below the standard 3.8-liter engine. The new engine also sported dual oil coolers and lightened rocker arms, amongst a host of additional upgrades that heightened the car’s performance.

Furthermore, the engineers at Stuttgart went to fanatical lengths to make the Carrera RS as light as possible. Its weight was brought down to a svelte 1,280 kilograms, as Porsche deleted virtually everything that was unnecessary, including central locking, radio speakers, power-adjustable seats, electric windows and mirrors, sound insulation, air bags, the rear defroster, and even the headliner! And Porsche didn’t stop there. The Carrera RS features thinner window glass, an aluminum front boot lid and doors, Recaro seats, and lightweight interior door panels with traditional fabric pulls.

Mechanically, the suspension was upgraded with a front strut brace, ball-joint front damper mounts, and adjustable anti-roll bars, with five positions for the 24-millimeter front bar and three positions for the 21-millimeter rear piece. The Carrera RS also received a limited-slip differential, the same anti-lock braking system as the 993 Turbo, and ABS traction control.

The Carrera RS is not only the most exciting to drive but also perhaps the most collectible, as it is the rarest and most focused iteration of the platform, with just over 1,000 examples built, of which none were originally imported to the U.S. Today, very few 993 Carrera RS have made their way to the United States and most of those are kept out of sight in private collections. As such, the opportunity to purchase a formally imported and fully road-registered Carrera RS in the United States is very rare indeed, and it warrants serious consideration from any Porsche enthusiast.

As prime examples become increasingly difficult to source, this Carrera RS would be an astute acquisition for any Porschephile, and it is perhaps the purest way to sample the marque’s last air-cooled 911. With a definitive link to the iconic Carrera RS 2.7 of 1973, the 993 Carrera RS is indeed the final air-cooled RS model and the final link in a series of brilliant 911s. Its heritage is instantly discernible the moment one steps behind the wheel, and much like the Carrera RS 2.7, it will not disappoint on either road or track.

Simply put, the Carrera RS has everything you want and nothing you don’t.

Last edited by Seanlabonte; 01-23-2019 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Incorrect mileage
Old 01-23-2019, 04:39 PM
PorscheHusna
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

Day'um!! Nice one Sean, glws!
Old 01-23-2019, 05:35 PM
RBZ993CAB
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Stunning car. I am heading out to buy a lottery ticket. Wish me luck
Old 01-24-2019, 02:12 AM
RRSLLC
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Amazing ride! I always enjoy stopping over Fresno to check out your amazing inventory
Old 01-24-2019, 08:01 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Very nice. Looks like the WeatherTech car I saw +5.5 years ago when David hosted the Chicago Region PCA. David said there were about 12 of these in the USA. His came from Japan. Different VINs. GLWS.

Last edited by LexVan; 01-24-2019 at 08:18 AM.
Old 01-24-2019, 11:18 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,722 Likes on 913 Posts

Have seen this car in person and it’s stunning.
Old 01-26-2019, 11:57 AM
Seanlabonte
Platinum Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Weekend bump
Old 01-26-2019, 12:12 PM
Jbarnes RS
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Owned that car. Should have kept it.

Car is a great no stories car. I pulled it out of Holland with Thomas Schmitz late at night. Jeff Gamroth and myself waiting anxiously for Thomas to close the deal. Reluctantly the seller sold it to us. He was a small lotus dealer and that was his show car. He advertised his dealership with that car at all the tracks around Europe. Car had seen little or no track time.

Can't vouch much for its journey in the states but that car was perfect when I got it.
Wonderful car to drive. I am tapped out with too many cars or I would buy it back.

Good luck with sale Fresno boys. Great car with great memories for me.

Joe
Old 01-26-2019, 08:53 PM
Parnelli
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

THE HOLY GRAIL! Their was a 'tribute' car very similar to that one for sale on RL a couple years ago. Same color I believe. $60K ish Still kick myself for not buying it
Old 01-28-2019, 04:03 PM
F1tifosi
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 50 Posts

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes..... Near perfection.
Old 01-28-2019, 05:50 PM
Porsche Perimeter
Former Vendor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

STUNNING!!!!!

This is truly a spectacular car....

Good luck with the sale.

-Tyler
Old 01-28-2019, 07:53 PM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 755 Likes on 384 Posts

If it had yellow brakes, I would be all over this. Love this car. Definitely one of the entry's for my dream garage.
Old 01-29-2019, 04:09 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,481 Likes on 2,269 Posts

too much talking, chitty chitty chat chat.
go drive it
you will buy it.
forget 991RS. utter garbage next to this
Old 01-29-2019, 08:18 PM
Seanlabonte
Platinum Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by mooty
too much talking, chitty chitty chat chat.
go drive it
you will buy it.
forget 991RS. utter garbage next to this
Old 01-29-2019, 08:45 PM
Modena 1
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Spectacular

Quick Reply: Dealer Inventory 993 RS in Polar Silver