Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2016 GT4 w/Buckets, Racing Yellow, 9100 miles, CPO, $87,700

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 06:04 PM
raidersfan
Three Wheelin'

Received 154 Likes on 113 Posts
Default 2016 GT4 w/Buckets, Racing Yellow, 9100 miles, CPO, $86,700

Year: 2016
Make: Porsche
Model: Cayman
Cont. Porsche Models: Cayman GT4
Mileage (numbers only please): 9540
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Traction Control
Color: Racing Yellow
VIN: WP0AC2A85GK197886
Price (no $ sign please): $86700
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Texas
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

We are reluctantly putting our GT4 up for sale. We purchased it in August. The car has 9,100 miles and is in showroom condition. It's a great build: full leather, steel brakes, buckets, and to my knowledge, has never seen the track. There is still plenty of tread left on the tires, and they are originals. The car looks stunning in Racing Yellow. We are the 3rd owners; the 2nd owner was an enthusiast but not a track guy, and he picked up a GT3RS allocation. He bought it CPO'd. We took it on consignment through Dallas Motorsport. It has a clear bra on the bumper and 1/2 of the front hood. It was strictly a fair-weather car for both us and the previous owner. I can send references your way, as the car is well known in the local PCA group.

As a bit of advice to anyone shopping for a GT4: don't settle for a car with sofas! Get the buckets if you want the ultimate engagement with the chassis. They transform the car.

I called my Porsche dealer and they confirmed that the CPO transfers, as the car was sold on consignment to us.

I am willing to ship! We can arrange a PPI easily enough.

A local dealer offered us $85,700 for us, so if I can get $2,000 more here, I will go ahead and sell it private party. It is a heck of a price for this car.

I have no "good" reason for selling the car, as I would love to keep it forever. It is the most involving, precise, engaging car I have ever owned, although it is more my wife's car than my own. She is a little more hardcore than I am. It is a car that, unlike most modern 911's, is very fun at slower speeds and feels like a slower car than it is, if that makes sense. It is more fun to drive at 7/10ths than any 911 I have driven; it is razor sharp, and just daily driving this car in moderate traffic (changing lanes, accelerating through an on-ramp corner) is something that no modern 911 can match. It is always what I imagined a 911 Carrera should feel like, but never seems to. However, I would like to free up some cash for another project, and this is an awful lot of money to have tied up in a car. We are going to get a base Cayman manual for the time being.

Rear tires are at 5/32", fronts a bit better.

I am sorry for the poor photos, but you get the idea. I will get better ones uploaded this weekend.
Attached Images        

Last edited by raidersfan; 03-08-2019 at 02:15 AM.
Old 01-23-2019, 11:18 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,718 Likes on 1,461 Posts

Originally Posted by raidersfan
I called my Porsche dealer and they confirmed that the CPO transfers, as the car was sold on consignment to us.
Have you pulled a carfax on it recently? If the consigning dealer doesn't show up on the carfax, your probably good. If it does show up, really depends on wether the dealer checks the carfax or not.
Old 01-23-2019, 11:36 PM
raidersfan
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by pfbz
Have you pulled a carfax on it recently? If the consigning dealer doesn't show up on the carfax, your probably good. If it does show up, really depends on wether the dealer checks the carfax or not.
I called my local service advisor and he said the CPO is intact.
Old 01-23-2019, 11:48 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,718 Likes on 1,461 Posts

Unfortunately, what one service advisor tells one customer isn't really the standard... If documentation like carfax shows it was transferred through a non-Porsche dealer, PCNA can void coverage if they receive a claim they don't want to cover.. CPO paperwork is really clear on this.

Likely that's not the case with your car...
Old 01-24-2019, 01:27 PM
raidersfan
Three Wheelin'

I haven't pulled one, but I will see about doing so today!
Old 01-24-2019, 02:56 PM
911-140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 155 Likes on 88 Posts

Wow ! you've priced this nicely spec'd GT4 pretty low...I also second the LWB's comment , best seats ever. This should make anyone in the market for a GT4 very happy.
Old 01-24-2019, 04:07 PM
raidersfan
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 911-140.6
Wow ! you've priced this nicely spec'd GT4 pretty low...I also second the LWB's comment , best seats ever. This should make anyone in the market for a GT4 very happy.
Yes, I would just like to get a little more than trade-in value. I recognize the GT4 market is slow right now and if I can get a quick sale and make a bit extra, great! If not, the dealer will be more than happy to take it off my hands.

A stripper model ($87k build, no LWB, similar mileage) went on BAT for $82,500 yesterday, so including the buyer's premium, mine is priced within $1000 of that car. I don't know many people who wouldn't pay an extra $1000 for a much nicer build and buckets! Mine is definitely priced on the low side for a quick and painless sale, and it certainly will make someone's day if they snap it up.
Old 01-24-2019, 05:32 PM
gellie
Rennlist Member

Received 234 Likes on 116 Posts

OP. You should do yourself a favor and hit the dealers bid and save yourself a lot of unnecessary headache by selling it privately. In the greater scheme of things the $2K won’t really make a difference given your time. Plus if your trading her in for Cayman you’ll come out ahead with the tax difference.
BTW, beautiful car. GLWS.
Old 01-24-2019, 06:23 PM
BF951
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts

Beautiful car and build. I wanted a GT4, wife wanted a beach condo.
Wife said we didn't need two Porsche's, I said we didn't need two houses. She didn't respond well to the logic.
Good luck!
Old 01-24-2019, 07:16 PM
raidersfan
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by gellie
OP. You should do yourself a favor and hit the dealers bid and save yourself a lot of unnecessary headache by selling it privately. In the greater scheme of things the $2K won’t really make a difference given your time. Plus if your trading her in for Cayman you’ll come out ahead with the tax difference.
BTW, beautiful car. GLWS.
unfortunately, there is no tax offset, but yes, I hear you. I am hoping someone steps up and says "as long as the DME is clean" (I need to get an updated one, but it should be!), I will take it. Lets do a PPI and move forward.

Selling a car privately can be a real hassle; I hear you. I had that headache when I sold my 997.2 in 2017. A guy literally wasted 10 hours of my time before changing his mind due to him not liking the color. He flew all the way across the US to see it, drive the car, finish the PPI, commit, then change his mind the next day. The next guy however, saw it as a good deal and a great car, and made it easy for both of us.
Old 01-24-2019, 07:17 PM
raidersfan
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by BF951
Beautiful car and build. I wanted a GT4, wife wanted a beach condo.
Wife said we didn't need two Porsche's, I said we didn't need two houses. She didn't respond well to the logic.
Good luck!
Ha! My wife is more likely to say "lets buy one of those vehicle tents and live in the GT4!". I am the responsible one....
Old 01-24-2019, 08:09 PM
rammstein
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ha! My wife is more likely to say "lets buy one of those vehicle tents and live in the GT4!". I am the responsible one....
Pics of wife plz.

Kidding. Did you confirm the transferability of the CPO, and if you did how much time is left?

I dig the car.
Old 01-24-2019, 10:23 PM
gellie
Rennlist Member

Received 234 Likes on 116 Posts

unfortunately, there is no tax offset, but yes, I hear you. I am hoping someone steps up and says "as long as the DME is clean" (I need to get an updated one, but it should be!), I will take it. Lets do a PPI and move forward.

Selling a car privately can be a real hassle; I hear you. I had that headache when I sold my 997.2 in 2017. A guy literally wasted 10 hours of my time before changing his mind due to him not liking the color. He flew all the way across the US to see it, drive the car, finish the PPI, commit, then change his mind the next day. The next guy however, saw it as a good deal and a great car, and made it easy for both of us.
Suck about the tax offset. GLWS
Old 01-25-2019, 01:19 PM
vudores
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 39 Posts

This is an incredible deal on a great spec. Someone needs to snap this up quick. GLWS.
Old 01-25-2019, 01:50 PM
raidersfan
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by vudores
This is an incredible deal on a great spec. Someone needs to snap this up quick. GLWS.
I agree! I am working on the carfax, and my local SA says the CPO is intact. I should have a DME up this weekend.

There is a Boxster GTS on BAT right now with a similar situation: it is a pass-through from a non-Porsche dealer, and they said the same thing: the CPO transfers as long as the car isn't property of the dealer. It is definitely something you should confirm with your local SA when you buy the car, if it is important to you. I was proactive when I got the GT4, and my local SA signed off on the transferability. I would have bought the car regardless however; the CPO on these is something like $2,000, so it isn't a huge amount either way, but it is certainly nice to have. I bought a consigned Audi recently, and the CPO transferred in that case as well.

I have a very interested party, so it may be sale pending by this evening. He is confirming a couple of things first.

Quick Reply: 2016 GT4 w/Buckets, Racing Yellow, 9100 miles, CPO, $87,700