Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Dealer Inventory 2016 Porsche 911R- Silver w/ Green Stripes & Brown Buckets-LWFW to boot!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 01:58 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,952 Likes on 555 Posts

Year: 2016
Make: Porsche
Model: 0
Mileage (numbers only please): 85
Color: GT Silver
Price (no $ sign please): $462000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): West
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Originally Posted by dawgcatching
Why the heck is someone selling this with 85 miles? Porsche should put a clawback on the sales contract: sell it for over MSRP within 3 years, pay Porsche back the difference. Greedy A-hats pulling allocations from "real" drivers who would kill for this car at MSRP.

I believe the R specifically was supposed to be allocated to drivers, not investors, who were going to use it. Didn't buyers have to sign something attesting to this as well? It's one thing if someone gets an allocation on an appreciating asset with no qualifications: quite another if said person lied on the allocation application form to make some money.
It was a trade on a 675LT...
Old 05-01-2017, 02:05 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,791 Likes on 2,159 Posts

Why the heck is someone selling this with 85 miles? Porsche should put a clawback on the sales contract: sell it for over MSRP within 3 years, pay Porsche back the difference. Greedy A-hats pulling allocations from "real" drivers who would kill for this car at MSRP.

I believe the R specifically was supposed to be allocated to drivers, not investors, who were going to use it. Didn't buyers have to sign something attesting to this as well? It's one thing if someone gets an allocation on an appreciating asset with no qualifications: quite another if said person lied on the allocation application form to make some money.
You could say the same thing with the RSs that was a flip fest for the first 12 months. We'll see if the 1-year rule will slow down the flip fest for future GT cars.

Btw, even though the price is 2x+ over MSRP this car is one of the lowest priced Rs out there on the market....way better than that $450k car with the wrong seats and flywheel.
Old 05-01-2017, 09:23 AM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
You could say the same thing with the RSs that was a flip fest for the first 12 months. We'll see if the 1-year rule will slow down the flip fest for future GT cars.

Btw, even though the price is 2x+ over MSRP this car is one of the lowest priced Rs out there on the market....way better than that $450k car with the wrong seats and flywheel.
Old 05-01-2017, 10:15 AM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 677 Likes on 371 Posts

Long been discussed. 918 VIP's have to keep the car for one year before flipping. Problem is not all 918's went to individuals. There is a group of dealers that got them as they were not selling. Those dealers can basically do whatever they please so that is the group of them that always flood the flipper market the second the car is delivered.

It is a Porsche problem not the folks playing the game. Porsche is of course good at kicking individual flippers out of the VIP program but will not touch a dealer. Money causes greed and when you can take $200k and flip it literally the next day for $400k, wouldn't you?
Old 05-16-2017, 10:14 PM
speef
Racer

Received 81 Likes on 46 Posts

Old 05-16-2017, 11:28 PM
maroli
Three Wheelin'

Received 471 Likes on 271 Posts

^^lol, really man? As much as I love Bovingdon, let the gentleman/OP sell his car in peace. At least he's not trying to gouge people (relative to what some people were asking).
Old 05-17-2017, 12:16 PM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,080 Likes on 619 Posts

What's the 1-year rule?
Old 05-17-2017, 12:21 PM
philipatl
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by maroli
^^lol, really man? As much as I love Bovingdon, let the gentleman/OP sell his car in peace. At least he's not trying to gouge people (relative to what some people were asking).

Agree.
Old 05-17-2017, 12:36 PM
rdragon
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tstafford
What's the 1-year rule?
+1 I'd like to know as well. Is this new?
Old 05-17-2017, 08:14 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

What's the 1-year rule?
Originally Posted by rdragon
+1 I'd like to know as well. Is this new?
PCNA notified the non-dealer VIP 918 owners in US that if they flip their GT cars within 12 months of buying it that they will be kicked out of the VIP program.
Old 05-17-2017, 09:55 PM
speef
Racer

I don't get it, he has an allocation for the Gt3 and I simply posted a video that talks it up, and with no commission
Old 05-17-2017, 10:01 PM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,080 Likes on 619 Posts

PCNA notified the non-dealer VIP 918 owners in US that if they flip their GT cars within 12 months of buying it that they will be kicked out of the VIP program.
That's good, I guess. Maybe it means some configurable allocations will go to actual drivers of GT cars. But so far that hasn't been the case for me! My GT cars have been ones where other buyers have failed to take delivery.
Old 05-17-2017, 10:54 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

That's good, I guess. Maybe it means some configurable allocations will go to actual drivers of GT cars. But so far that hasn't been the case for me! My GT cars have been ones where other buyers have failed to take delivery.
My guess is that maybe 1/2 the remaining VIPs don't get a GT3 so that's about 100 extra cars for us mortals.
Old 05-27-2017, 11:24 PM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Holiday weekend bump
Old 05-28-2017, 12:37 PM
speef
Racer

Originally Posted by grahal09
I'm not sure where it will settle, but I do know from driving mine a bunch its just an amazing car. Far better than I anticipated. There's something extremely special about them, makes me want another to pile the miles onto it!

you should get another one, and now you can

http://www.thedrive.com/news/10472/r...ically-a-911-r

Quick Reply: Dealer Inventory 2016 Porsche 911R- Silver w/ Green Stripes & Brown Buckets-LWFW to boot!