Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Be Careful of Scammer!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 09:58 PM
Twilightblue28A
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 198 Posts
Default Be Careful of Scammer!!!!

I posted a part that I wanted to buy. I was contacted by way of a private message by "member 21212" claiming to have the radio that I wanted to buy. "Member 21212" provided his email address for "faster response." I contacted him by the email address provided. He provided the cost and assured me that everything works fine.

"Member 21212" even provided a seven (7) day return if anything on the radio didn't work properly. He asked where I live and, almost immediately, provided the price with shipping included. Payment by PayPal. I also asked for his phone number, which was provided just as quickly.

I am involved in criminal defense. I would love to have one of my clients spend a few minutes with "member 21212." I sent another email with another question. No response. I followed with another email, no response. I called the number provided and I received an out of service message.
The "Member ID Number is 21212." Name provided "Ed Carl." Email address: dogink411@gmail.com. Phone number 301-756-4474.

I reported this to our administrators and they were immediately responsive to my concern. I appreciate their concern and understanding.
Please beware!!!
Thank you!!
Please feel free to post this in any other pertinent areas on our site.
Old 08-21-2018, 01:00 AM
Twilightblue28A
Rennlist Member

Our administrators should consider implementing a Buyers/Sellers Feedback Section in a common area. This may help minimize these situations from occurring in the future. My post was in the 993 section of this site. Thank you.
Old 08-21-2018, 01:06 AM
Twilightblue28A
Rennlist Member

The "Member ID Number is 21212." Name provided "Ed Carl." Email address: dogink411@gmail.com. Phone number 301-756-4474.

Quick Reply: Be Careful of Scammer!!!!