Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Be Careful of Scammer!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 09:16 PM
Twilightblue28A
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 198 Posts
Default Be Careful of Scammer!!!!

Please see my post in the for sale parts... member to member section. (I don't know how to copy my post from the "for sale parts......member to member" here too.)

Please read my post.

Thank you!!!!

Last edited by Twilightblue28A; 08-20-2018 at 10:03 PM.
Old 08-20-2018, 09:51 PM
Jay Wellwood
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 267 Likes on 154 Posts

Only members can go there.

Suggest you copy and paste your post contents here for everyone else to see.

Hate to hear you got ripped off. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 08-20-2018, 10:04 PM
Twilightblue28A
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jay Wellwood
Only members can go there.

Suggest you copy and paste your post contents here for everyone else to see.

Hate to hear you got ripped off. Thanks for the heads up.
I posted a part that I wanted to buy. I was contacted by way of a private message by "member 21212" claiming to have the radio that I wanted to buy. "Member 21212" provided his email address for "faster response." I contacted him by the email address provided. He provided the cost and assured me that everything works fine.

"Member 21212" even provided a seven (7) day return if anything on the radio didn't work properly. He asked where I live and, almost immediately, provided the price with shipping included. Payment by PayPal. I also asked for his phone number, which was provided just as quickly.

I am involved in criminal defense. I would love to have one of my clients spend a few minutes with "member 21212." I sent another email with another question. No response. I followed with another email, no response. I called the number provided and I received an out of service message.
The "Member ID Number is 21212." Name provided "Ed Carl." Email address: dogink411@gmail.com. Phone number 301-756-4474.

I reported this to our administrators and they were immediately responsive to my concern. I appreciate their concern and understanding.
Please beware!!!
Thank you!!
Please feel free to post this in any other pertinent areas on our site.

Old 08-20-2018, 10:33 PM
BaileyII
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 91 Posts

21212 got me for $895 last week. I posted it last week. My thread was called parts market place needed advise.
Old 08-20-2018, 10:45 PM
Twilightblue28A
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BaileyII
21212 got me for $895 last week. I posted it last week.
Hi Bailey,​
​​RE: 21212, Ed Carl, dogink411@gmail.com
301-756-4474
I'm sorry to hear about your experience with the above captioned scammer.
Please advise where you posted your experience last week .
​​​​​There should be one central location where we can post sellers/buyers comments to minimIze these experiences from occurring in the future.
Thank you!!

Last edited by Twilightblue28A; 08-21-2018 at 01:10 AM.
Old 08-20-2018, 10:51 PM
BaileyII
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 91 Posts

I posted it in the 997 Forum. my thread was called Parts Maarket Place Needed Advice. Such a bad move on my part. Really didn’t see it coming.
Old 08-21-2018, 12:58 AM
Twilightblue28A
Rennlist Member

Our administrators should consider implementing a Buyers/Sellers Feedback Section in a common area. This may help minimize these situations from occurring in the future. My post was in the 993 section of this site. Thank you.
Old 08-21-2018, 01:08 AM
Twilightblue28A
Rennlist Member

The "Member ID Number is 21212." Name provided "Ed Carl." Email address: dogink411@gmail.com. Phone number 301-756-4474.
Old 08-21-2018, 01:12 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

Was the payment made via Friends and Family or regular Paypal? If regular PayPal you might be able to fight it.
Old 08-21-2018, 07:11 AM
Twilightblue28A
Rennlist Member

​​​​I don't understand why our site does not have a specific area for buyers/sellers feedback? This provides a centralized area/forum where buyers and sellers can review prior experiences, ask questions about parts or cars offered for sale/purchase, and serve to minimize scams.
I collect 1970 Oldsmobile 442's. I am also a member of their site which is similar to ours . They have a buyers/sellers feedback forum.
I, as well as other Oldsmobile members, have found our buyer/seller feedback forum has had positive results for our membership.
I welcome other members comments regarding this idea.​​​​
Thank you!!
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
Old 08-21-2018, 07:15 AM
Slakker
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 108 Posts

Or if the payment was tied to a credit or debit card (through PayPal), you can dispute the charge with the CC/DC company and PayPal can't do anything if it was friends and family.

One tip is to always look at a member's join date, post count, and threads started.

Always pay using PayPal goods and service and pay for insurance on the shipping. These two things will give you protection for most circumstances.

Sorry you got scammed. I've done over a 100 transactions on Rennlist and only been scammed once. It's a great community.
Old 08-21-2018, 07:52 AM
Twilightblue28A
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Slakker
Or if the payment was tied to a credit or debit card (through PayPal), you can dispute the charge with the CC/DC company and PayPal can't do anything if it was friends and family.

One tip is to always look at a member's join date, post count, and threads started.

Always pay using PayPal goods and service and pay for insurance on the shipping. These two things will give you protection for most circumstances.

Sorry you got scammed. I've done over a 100 transactions on Rennlist and only been scammed once. It's a great community.
Thank you for excellent information. How can you determine if a PayPal transaction is made by way of friends and family versus goods and services??
Old 08-21-2018, 08:14 AM
C2 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Twilightblue28A
Thank you for excellent information. How can you determine if a PayPal transaction is made by way of friends and family versus goods and services??
Sorry to hear about your experience. If you made that payment, you must have selected one of those options and if he sent you an invoice, you need to look at it again. Either way, won't hurt to ask your credit card co for any assistance they might be able to provide.
Old 08-21-2018, 12:05 PM
minhnugen
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry to hear you got scammed. I too got scammed on here for a pair of recaro seats that didn’t exist. I have used Marketplace for years and it was the first time I got screwed over. PayPal wasn’t able to help me get my money back, so I went through my credit card company to dispute the transaction. I finally got all my money back last week. Lesson to be learned I guess.
I recently saw the same posting that looked exactly like the one I got scammed on in marketplace, and with a few quick post to warn others, the OP disappeared. So there’s a lot of these scammers on here lately. I’d hope the admin will able to setup some sort of feedback sections so we can feel more safe buying on this awesome forum.
Old 08-21-2018, 02:27 PM
dporto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,154 Likes on 791 Posts

Originally Posted by minhnugen
Sorry to hear you got scammed. I too got scammed on here for a pair of recaro seats that didn’t exist. I have used Marketplace for years and it was the first time I got screwed over. PayPal wasn’t able to help me get my money back, so I went through my credit card company to dispute the transaction. I finally got all my money back last week. Lesson to be learned I guess.
I recently saw the same posting that looked exactly like the one I got scammed on in marketplace, and with a few quick post to warn others, the OP disappeared. So there’s a lot of these scammers on here lately. I’d hope the admin will able to setup some sort of feedback sections so we can feel more safe buying on this awesome forum.
It's pretty alarming to hear of these scams - especially on this site. Personally, I've had nothing but good experiences both in getting paid and in getting good/proper parts and merchandise. I'd certainly support the administrators doing some sort of feedback ability...

Quick Reply: Be Careful of Scammer!!!!