Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Dealer Inventory GT2 RS Wiessach Allocation

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 04:49 PM
dntlvet
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Year: 2018
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 0
Color: any
Price (no $ sign please): $145000
Private or Dealer Listing: Dealer Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: PDK
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Imagine having good client customer relations. What a great idea.
It does trickle down to the $
Old 06-14-2018, 05:11 PM
OvertonAutomotive
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I have excellent client customer relations. It is just impossible to justify markup on rare vehicles that are already 100% sold to some people. It's a simple supply and demand curve. There are limited numbers therefore they bring a premium. I don't mean any ill will and if I could offer it to someone free I would. I just have put the asking price that my client is asking for the allocation. If no one wants to purchase it that's just the way it is and I'm sure at some point he would either accept a lower amount or simply take delivery of the car.

Same thing happened with the 911 R. Right away they were bringing a ton of money. Now they are being sold in very limited numbers. Your blue GT3 in your picture would bring a number higher than sticker at one point. If you were in the market to sell, I imagine you wouldn't ask for anything less than what it's worth unless you had to.
Old 06-14-2018, 05:22 PM
OvertonAutomotive
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Hacker-Pschorr
We are all unpaid volunteers doing this in our spare time trying to keep this place civil. It's a community that relies upon everyone to assist, which is why we rely so heavily on the report post function. It's impossible for us to read every post and respond to things instantly.
I appreciate it, and I apologize for the comment, I was told by Internet Brands that they had paid moderators on here to monitor it. My mistake.
Old 06-14-2018, 11:57 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

I guess my reality of cars and the market is not right anymore. Things have changed. Porsches and other cars are investments nowadays rather than driving machines. Everyone does what they can first and foremost to make a profit. And people are stupid enough to pay for them because they have tons of money. I’m not specifically bashing your sale here, I’m just stating my opinion. I can’t wait until the bubble bursts and the economy tanks so an enthusiast like me can buy a special performance car for msrp or less and don’t have to play dealer games and go through artificial wait times.

GLWS.
Old 06-15-2018, 12:29 AM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 128 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by kyrocks
I guess my reality of cars and the market is not right anymore. Things have changed. Porsches and other cars are investments nowadays rather than driving machines. Everyone does what they can first and foremost to make a profit. And people are stupid enough to pay for them because they have tons of money. I’m not specifically bashing your sale here, I’m just stating my opinion. I can’t wait until the bubble bursts and the economy tanks so an enthusiast like me can buy a special performance car for msrp or less and don’t have to play dealer games and go through artificial wait times.

GLWS.
Can't wait for the economy to tank and people to loss their jobs/homes etc.. so you can buy a Porsche at MSRP. Sounds just a little selfish if you ask me.
Old 06-15-2018, 12:46 AM
richk
Rennlist Member

Received 879 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by kyrocks

GLWS.
I think you are overstating this quite a bit. There will always be people trying to cash in on a hot product...whatever it is. The fact of the matter is most of the GT2RS will be sold at sticker. What has changed the dynamic specifically as it relates to the Porsche GT market is the 918 VIP program. Porsche and only Porsche is the one to blame for long time P car owners and enthusiasts not being able to get GT cars.
Old 06-15-2018, 09:38 AM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by Bloose993TT
Can't wait for the economy to tank and people to loss their jobs/homes etc.. so you can buy a Porsche at MSRP. Sounds just a little selfish if you ask me.
yah, sounded a little selfish. I apologize. Just a little annoyed. Everything will be fine...probably.
Old 06-15-2018, 11:01 AM
Veltracon_Scott
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

The 918 VIP program did not create this. The hype and value of Porsche cars is what created this. People saw values of past GT cars increasing over time which brought more buyers into the game. Regardless of if there was a 918 VIP program or not, there still wouldn't be enough GT cars for everyone at MSRP.
Old 06-15-2018, 11:27 AM
Me&You
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Veltracon
The 918 VIP program did not create this. The hype and value of Porsche cars is what created this. People saw values of past GT cars increasing over time which brought more buyers into the game. Regardless of if there was a 918 VIP program or not, there still wouldn't be enough GT cars for everyone at MSRP.
What do you think created that extra hype and "value"? The VIP program directed a large number of the GT cars and other special editions into the hands of the same few buyers - the VIPs - every time and new car was released, limiting the supply to everyone else.

Considering your business, you more than most should understand the best way to drive the price of an item is to tell those that can otherwise afford it that they can't have one.

It's also often forgotten that that the VIP program was created to sweeten the deal for the 918 buyers. Sales were sluggish and it was far from a 'sure thing' that the original owners would make out like bandits on the the 918s - many of them were the same guys that bought CGTs new, and the memory of those sitting on the floor and immediately selling for steep discounts from MSRP were still fresh in mind.

So, a lot of the VIPs took a chance that happened to turn out quite well for them. Many of them are simply reaping the rewards for taking that chance and by playing by the rules set out for them by Porsche.

As a wise man once said: "Don't hate the player, hate the game"

It's shocking to me that on a site like Rennlist (dedicated to high-end discretionary items), some can have such inconsistent views when looking at the capitalistic accomplishments to enable the purchase of these very expensive "toys" and yet the expectation that those at the top that took a huge risk should somehow adopt some strange altruistic attitude by leaving money on the table and walking away from opportunity so others can play in their sandbox.
Old 06-15-2018, 11:59 AM
richk
Rennlist Member

Received 879 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by Veltracon
I do see your point but there has never been a Porsche GT car that has appreciated or depreciated faster % than the 911R. The GT cars have been going over MSRP since Porsche brought back the RS in 2007. I do agree with you that more people are speculating and that pushes the market up.
Old 06-15-2018, 12:00 PM
Veltracon_Scott
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Me&You
What do you think created that extra hype and "value"? The VIP program directed a large number of the GT cars and other special editions into the hands of the same few buyers - the VIPs - every time and new car was released, limiting the supply to everyone else.

Considering your business, you more than most should understand the best way to drive the price of an item is to tell those that can otherwise afford it that they can't have one.

It's also often forgotten that that the VIP program was created to sweeten the deal for the 918 buyers. Sales were sluggish and it was far from a 'sure thing' that the original owners would make out like bandits on the the 918s - many of them were the same guys that bought CGTs new, and the memory of those sitting on the floor and immediately selling for steep discounts from MSRP were still fresh in mind.

So, a lot of the VIPs took a chance that happened to turn out quite well for them. Many of them are simply reaping the rewards for taking that chance and by playing by the rules set out for them by Porsche.

As a wise man once said: "Don't hate the player, hate the game"

It's shocking to me that on a site like Rennlist (dedicated to high-end discretionary items), some can have such inconsistent views when looking at the capitalistic accomplishments to enable the purchase of these very expensive "toys" and yet the expectation that those at the top that took a huge risk should somehow adopt some strange altruistic attitude by leaving money on the table and walking away from opportunity so others can play in their sandbox.

What I am saying is that the VIP program did not create this. Is there more hype now because of it, of course but like you said the VIP program was created to sweeten the deal....if there wasn't a hype before the VIP program than I don't think that would make the deal much sweeter.
Old 06-15-2018, 12:12 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,857 Likes on 1,901 Posts

Originally Posted by Me&You
Totally meaningless unless the demand is there. High demand is what is driving prices, not the VIP program. And cheap money and this ridiculous equity bubble is what’s driving high demand.

it has nothing to do with VIPs or what someone can afford and everything to do with the fact that there is a much bigger 911 GT buyer pool today than there was 10 years ago.

Old 06-15-2018, 10:55 PM
ForceReconTrojan
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

I hope OP you get every dollar you can!

I think a lot of this discussion is nonsense as I wonder how many people would be buying GT2's even at MSRP. There is a sweet spot for most people and I have a feeling 200k and above pushes it in the .05% class.
Old 06-15-2018, 11:15 PM
2016 gt3
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I understand what all of you are saying but you have to be naive to think that in the USA market the 918 program has not contributed to the run up in prices in many the GT cars!
Old 06-16-2018, 03:25 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,791 Likes on 2,159 Posts

Originally Posted by 2016 gt3
I understand what all of you are saying but you have to be naive to think that in the USA market the 918 program has not contributed to the run up in prices in many the GT cars!
+1

Quick Reply: Dealer Inventory GT2 RS Wiessach Allocation