Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Dealer Inventory GT2 RS Wiessach Allocation

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2018, 08:37 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,014 Likes on 610 Posts

Year: 2018
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 0
Color: any
Price (no $ sign please): $145000
Private or Dealer Listing: Dealer Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: PDK
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Anyone here tried to buy a SS “hot” sport watch at MSRP (Daytona, Skydweller, Hulk, Kermit, etc)?
It’s analogous IMO. “Pre owned” examples of these are routinely selling double digit % over MSRP IF you can find one. And forget getting a new one if you aren’t on “the list”. And be prepared to wait. I waited almost 6 months for my blue dial Skydweller as a “good repeat customer”.

Lots of free cash chasing a limited number of shiny objects is the free market in action here.

I don’t have that level of wealth and I don’t think it’s wise for Porsche marketing toward the “aspirational” consumer, but if I had something for sale that someone offered me more than my ask in cash, I would be lying to say I would turn it down for the sake of “fairness” to others. When I get upset that I can’t order a GT car at MSRP, I try to think of it that way.

Old 06-16-2018, 08:44 AM
carguy84
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Very good analogy. And the SS watch prices always crack me up a little, because I'm a huge fan of SS watches, but they are admittedly the cheapest version that is getting a markup added to them. They are popular because they are the least expensive and it drives the price up. Fascinating economics.

Chip-
Old 06-16-2018, 09:02 AM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 28 Posts

This thread cracks me up. This isn't Overton's issue. This is Porsche's issue. Porsche should put in place a policy more like Ferrari and Ford with the GT.

You buy it, you can't flip it for a year. And the manufacture has first right of refusal to buy it back. End of story.

By the way, if you want to use an analogy, use the one about an IPO and restricted stock. Restricted stock has to be held for a period of time because the recipient gets it for a substantial discount.
Old 06-16-2018, 09:43 AM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,083 Likes on 621 Posts

Personally I agree with this ^^^

And I do find it ironic that Rennlist with its red tendencies generally also finds unfettered market forces being applied to the GT car market to be offensive. "Free market unless it doesn't benefit me in which case I want controls."
Old 06-16-2018, 10:22 AM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 677 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by clubrcr
This thread cracks me up. This isn't Overton's issue. This is Porsche's issue. Porsche should put in place a policy more like Ferrari and Ford with the GT.

You buy it, you can't flip it for a year. And the manufacture has first right of refusal to buy it back. End of story.

By the way, if you want to use an analogy, use the one about an IPO and restricted stock. Restricted stock has to be held for a period of time because the recipient gets it for a substantial discount.
Bingo and another free bump for Overton.
Old 06-16-2018, 10:22 AM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

Is the allocation still available?
Old 06-16-2018, 11:12 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,014 Likes on 610 Posts

Originally Posted by carguy84
Very good analogy. And the SS watch prices always crack me up a little, because I'm a huge fan of SS watches, but they are admittedly the cheapest version that is getting a markup added to them. They are popular because they are the least expensive and it drives the price up. Fascinating economics.

Chip-
Well, you’re getting the same movement/watch and the bump to the precious metal versions is still around 100% more than current market price of SS. And many just look better in SS (like the blue dial Sky Dweller IMO). Some of the the precious metal versions are downright fugly to me.
I love my Explorer II because it’s rugged, easy to read with good lume and I never fret over scratching it. I wear it in any conditions and it’s still +/- 1-2 seconds/month. Of course, I’ve had it so long it was purchased new at a nice discount from MSRP. Same with my Patek 5146. Those were the days way back in 2015...

There, another free bump!
Old 06-16-2018, 01:22 PM
OvertonAutomotive
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by kyrocks
Is the allocation still available?
Yes sir, it is.

We've got two offers on it so far. First person to bring cash to the table gets it.

And also thanks for the support guys. I find this forum to be full of a lot of great people, clients/customers, with a few outliers who just like to complain about what the prices are. I'm happy to answer questions, but I won't stand around while these few outliers trash me because they have no sense of how the market works.
Old 06-16-2018, 08:54 PM
phs0316
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I understand how this works.. but I still think this is Fuked up....

there are too many people here making easy money....
Old 06-16-2018, 09:16 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 709 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by tstafford
Personally I agree with this ^^^

And I do find it ironic that Rennlist with its red tendencies generally also finds unfettered market forces being applied to the GT car market to be offensive. "Free market unless it doesn't benefit me in which case I want controls."

This^^^

Originally Posted by phs0316

And I don’t understand why you give a crap about idiotic comments like this.
Old 06-16-2018, 10:09 PM
phs0316
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

****tt.... this wasn't me... anybody guide me how to delete my post... better get rid of my auto log in..
Old 06-16-2018, 11:14 PM
forhamilton
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I actually believe this is quite a fair deal and I do wish I could write a check for it. I also appreciate capitalism and the forthright effort to clearly advertise it. Cheers to the buyer.
Old 06-17-2018, 12:31 AM
Misplacedyankee
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by clubrcr

Agree! Sadly I have better chances on my Pista allocation than one for the GT2 I was supposed to be on the list of. Honestly turns me off on the Porsche brand a bit, but I still own a few. I think I am done on the new stuff.
Old 06-17-2018, 09:03 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 796 Likes on 546 Posts

Originally Posted by phs0316

Well go make some easy money of your own and buy one..

I dont understand how people say this is f'ed up (basically knocking capitalism). Its a free country - make money and spend it how you see fit. Supply and demand at its finest. To be honest, Overton seems to be very upfront and honest - disclosing more than they have to or should have to. If you dont like it / the price of admission - then go punch a pillow. Commenting or trashing their ad is not only rude - it not allowed in FS threads.

GLWS and another free bump.
Old 06-17-2018, 10:10 PM
richk
Drifting

Received 879 Likes on 364 Posts

^+110%...Plus the bulk of the money is going to the Porsche dealer and not to Overton. That's a fact!

Quick Reply: Dealer Inventory GT2 RS Wiessach Allocation