Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

'06 S - Factory Aerokit, 6 MT - Atlanta GA

Old 07-16-2018, 03:41 PM
mbatarga
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 28 Posts
Default '06 S - Factory Aerokit, 6 MT - Atlanta GA

Year: 2006
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 59000
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof, Traction Control
Color: Black
VIN: WP0AB29926S742263
Price (no $ sign please): $40000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Car is now sold - 11/14/2018

I’m an air-cooled Porsche owner of almost 20 years (’83 Targa) and searched for many months for a newer generation 911 – initially started looking at some 996’s but quickly migrated to the 997. I shopped around for some time trying to find my ideal car – actually had PPIs conducted on 1 or 2 other cars first. But this ’06 S 6MT Factory Aerokit optioned (XAA) model showed up at Perimeter Porsche (Jim Ellis- Atlanta) dealership 26 months ago and I bought it within 24 hrs - before they even took pictures for their web site.

As much as I love this car, I do hesitate to sell it. It was purchased with expectations of being driven frequently but my job position changed and I telecommute the majority of the time. The car just doesn’t get driven that often so it’s hard for me to justify keeping it. Although it is a totally different driving experience, I have my ’83 Targa when I get the itch to drive a Porsche.

This car has been well cared for, obviously garaged its entire life. The 2nd owner possessed the car for the previous 10 years here in Metro Atlanta after it spent just a few months in PA with the original buyer. Carfax shows no accidents reported and I have no reason to doubt it.

The car is optioned with a sticker price of $94,680 per the build sheet: XAA Aerokit as already mentioned, Sport Chrono, Heated Seats, Bose High End Sound. The PO did have clear side marker lights installed by the dealer. I installed the Tranzit BLU HF bluetooth receiver for use with my iPhone (although have rarely used it) and also had 35% tint installed on side and rear windows. Otherwise, the car is 100% stock.I purchased a Fidelity 36 month powertrain warranty from the dealer – 10 months remain on it. It is transferrable to the new owner for $40 transfer fee.

Since my ownership of about 7k miles - I’ve replaced cabin filter, air filter, water pump, thermostat, reservoir tank, serpentine drive belt, A/C Control switches (MA Carbon), and replaced the Gear Oil with Mobil PTX 75W90. Spark plugs were replaced by my local independent shop, and that same shop has conducted the two oil changes (I wanted external documentation of oil changes for warranty purposes should anything arise.) The car is in great shape – somewhat typical front end chips on spoiler and hood, front spoiler lip has suffered minor curb rash – as they all do. Interior is in great shape as well – only minor wear on driver seat bolster.

I purchased a set of Turbo style wheels that are in good shape, but my plan was to have them refinished and swap with the stock Lobster forks – but I haven’t yet executed on that plan. Those wheels are available to the buyer – otherwise I will sell them separate.

Car is garaged in NE Metro Atlanta (Lawrenceville) area. PPI’s for serious buyers are welcome although will have to be scheduled in advance. Mark (cell 77 oh 815 87 oh 5)

Edit: Tires are Bridgestone Potenza RE050A's - 295/30 and 235/35 x19s. Pictures below added to show tread status and some new pictures of exterior/interior added.

Attached Images       

Last edited by mbatarga; 11-15-2018 at 12:51 PM.
Old 07-16-2018, 04:18 PM
monacojoe
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

interior shots pls
Old 07-16-2018, 04:21 PM
bpeacock
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 279 Likes on 150 Posts

Beautiful car. Love the 997 C2S/aero
Old 07-16-2018, 05:24 PM
mbatarga
Racer

Added interior shots - rainy outside today so lighting was less than optimal.
Old 07-16-2018, 05:43 PM
monacojoe
Instructor

looks good inside. bolster thread is bit worn as you listed but leather looks good for the miles. are white gauges standard? not an early 997 expert. thx
Old 07-16-2018, 05:44 PM
monacojoe
Instructor

also tire wear/brand? thanks
Old 07-24-2018, 04:00 PM
mbatarga
Racer

Originally Posted by mbatarga
I’m an air-cooled Porsche owner of almost 20 years (’83 Targa) and searched for many months for a newer generation 911 – initially started looking at some 996’s but quickly migrated to the 997. I shopped around for some time trying to find my ideal car – actually had PPIs conducted on 1 or 2 other cars first. But this ’06 S 6MT Factory Aerokit optioned (XAA) model showed up at Perimeter Porsche (Jim Ellis- Atlanta) dealership 26 months ago and I bought it within 24 hrs - before they even took pictures for their web site.

As much as I love this car, I do hesitate to sell it. It was purchased with expectations of being driven frequently but my job position changed and I telecommute the majority of the time. The car just doesn’t get driven that often so it’s hard for me to justify keeping it. Although it is a totally different driving experience, I have my ’83 Targa when I get the itch to drive a Porsche.

This car has been well cared for, obviously garaged its entire life. The 2nd owner possessed the car for the previous 10 years here in Metro Atlanta after it spent just a few months in PA with the original buyer. Carfax shows no accidents reported and I have no reason to doubt it.

The car is optioned with a sticker price of $94,680 per the build sheet: XAA Aerokit as already mentioned, Sport Chrono, Heated Seats, Bose High End Sound. The PO did have clear side marker lights installed by the dealer. I installed the Tranzit BLU HF bluetooth receiver for use with my iPhone (although have rarely used it) and also had 35% tint installed on side and rear windows. Otherwise, the car is 100% stock.I purchased a Fidelity 36 month powertrain warranty from the dealer – 10 months remain on it. It is transferrable to the new owner for $40 transfer fee.

Since my ownership of about 7k miles - I’ve replaced cabin filter, air filter, water pump, thermostat, reservoir tank, serpentine drive belt, A/C Control switches (MA Carbon), and replaced the Gear Oil with Mobil PTX 75W90. Spark plugs were replaced by my local independent shop, and that same shop has conducted the two oil changes (I wanted external documentation of oil changes for warranty purposes should anything arise.) The car is in great shape – somewhat typical front end chips on spoiler and hood, front spoiler lip has suffered minor curb rash – as they all do. Interior is in great shape as well – only minor wear on driver seat bolster.

I purchased a set of Turbo style wheels that are in good shape, but my plan was to have them refinished and swap with the stock Lobster forks – but I haven’t yet executed on that plan. Those wheels are available to the buyer – otherwise I will sell them separate.

Car is garaged in NE Metro Atlanta (Lawrenceville) area. PPI’s for serious buyers are welcome although will have to be scheduled in advance. Mark (cell 77 oh 815 87 oh 5)

Edit: Tires are Bridgestone Potenza RE050A's - 295/30 and 235/35 x19s. Pictures below added to show tread status and some new pictures of exterior/interior added.

Front tire tread example

Rear tire tread example

Old 07-31-2018, 10:44 AM
mbatarga
Racer

Car is now listed locally (on Clist) and also on Pelican.
Old 07-31-2018, 09:13 PM
Blood_Stone
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If this was a different color, I would be interested in this, looking for a 997 with the aero kit. GLWS!
Old 08-23-2018, 11:54 PM
lawcdau
3rd Gear

Default Hello from Conyers

has the vehicle been sold?
Old 08-27-2018, 02:59 PM
mbatarga
Racer

I've got a pending offer/negotiation being worked now - PPI already completed.
Old 10-26-2018, 12:33 PM
mbatarga
Racer

Previous interested party opted for a different car closer to his location. PPI resulted in 1 minor issue - tie rod ball joint on driver side was noted as slightly loose. Nothing noticeable while I've driven the car and I've not yet taken it to my mechanic for his diagnosis. Brake pad life estimated at 30-40%.
Over the past few weeks I've installed a replacement front spoiler lip and also had the car exterior detailed (3 stage). Paint is in very nice condition, but does exhibit some road rash/chips on front bumper and hood consistent with mileage (as already noted previously.)
Dropped the price to $40k.

Old 10-26-2018, 01:24 PM
mbatarga
Racer

This is a cell phone picture of the hood reflecting the ceiling and Garage Door Opener with the car sitting in the garage. The top portion of the picture you can see the wipers and the windshield of the car and the trees on the side of the yard outside the garage.

Old 10-31-2018, 08:29 AM
Manno
3rd Gear

Any comments on the clutch from the PPI?
Old 10-31-2018, 10:35 AM
mbatarga
Racer

No comment or issues were noted on the clutch.

Also, I had the car looked at by a mechanic on Monday - it was put up on a lift and he found NO front end play with either ball joints or cross members. I have no history with the shop nor know anyone that uses the shop so I'm not not going to speculate on why/how this was reported.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: '06 S - Factory Aerokit, 6 MT - Atlanta GA