Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2011 997.2 Turbo S - Cream White over Black/Terracotta MLB Pitcher Owned

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2018, 08:28 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,718 Likes on 1,461 Posts

Year: 2011
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 28000
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof, Traction Control
Color: Cream white
VIN: WP0AD2A90BS766819
Price (no $ sign please): $88500
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: PDK
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 4 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Turbo
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Thanks... Now I look at most of those and agree they are pretty minor. The stone chip picture though is a bit out of focus and still hard to tell what is really going on there. Maybe next time it is outside in some better light you can snap a better picture of that?

Really wish you were closer, I would really like to see it in person to decide if I'd love the color combo or if it just isn't for me. Everyone mentions how the Terracotta looks great in person but doesn't photograph really well.
Old 08-11-2018, 11:38 AM
robertoflay
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pfbz
Thanks... Now I look at most of those and agree they are pretty minor. The stone chip picture though is a bit out of focus and still hard to tell what is really going on there. Maybe next time it is outside in some better light you can snap a better picture of that?

Really wish you were closer, I would really like to see it in person to decide if I'd love the color combo or if it just isn't for me. Everyone mentions how the Terracotta looks great in person but doesn't photograph really well.

Will try to get a better picture today however its been raining all weekend her in NJ. And yes the interior looks better in person
Old 08-11-2018, 02:38 PM
ForceReconTrojan
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

I have sold 3 Porsches on this site this year alone, I say this to offer you some advice.

Your pictures are horrible. They are too small for starters, for buyers not local to you that is the thing that is going to capture their attention and imagination of it in their garage. Further, on your blemishes, you went even SMALLER. You were asking at the start almost 110k and now have shaved almost 20k off the car. Trust me people are following this trend, they wonder what the true bottom line number is, I priced my cars at what I absolutely wanted but not some pie-in-the-sky number. Feel free to look at my recent 911 that sold last month or the 951 or Spyder. Here in SoCal your car is very common outside of the color combo. I have had Terra as an interior but your pictures have not done it a lick of justice. I kept hoping you would make amends to your entire ad instead you have just ridden it to a flaming price drop when I just didn't think you needed to.

I would pull this ad, and start new in the Spring, store the car outside the city if you must but as others have said wholesale pricing is what is being offered on standard 911tt S's and ones with PTS inside and out are finding fewer buyers. There was a Cream Turbo just on here, I wonder how that did.

I wish you luck but my advice is only meant to help you.

Terra under the right light has a brownish hue that complements Cream, some pictures show it as Orange which it times it displays but as it ages it becomes more like a baseball mitt.
Old 08-11-2018, 09:00 PM
robertoflay
Instructor

Originally Posted by ForceReconTrojan
I have sold 3 Porsches on this site this year alone, I say this to offer you some advice.

Your pictures are horrible. They are too small for starters, for buyers not local to you that is the thing that is going to capture their attention and imagination of it in their garage. Further, on your blemishes, you went even SMALLER. You were asking at the start almost 110k and now have shaved almost 20k off the car. Trust me people are following this trend, they wonder what the true bottom line number is, I priced my cars at what I absolutely wanted but not some pie-in-the-sky number. Feel free to look at my recent 911 that sold last month or the 951 or Spyder. Here in SoCal your car is very common outside of the color combo. I have had Terra as an interior but your pictures have not done it a lick of justice. I kept hoping you would make amends to your entire ad instead you have just ridden it to a flaming price drop when I just didn't think you needed to.

I would pull this ad, and start new in the Spring, store the car outside the city if you must but as others have said wholesale pricing is what is being offered on standard 911tt S's and ones with PTS inside and out are finding fewer buyers. There was a Cream Turbo just on here, I wonder how that did.

I wish you luck but my advice is only meant to help you.

Terra under the right light has a brownish hue that complements Cream, some pictures show it as Orange which it times it displays but as it ages it becomes more like a baseball mitt.
Thank you for your comments, I do not have as much as experience as you selling cars, I'm more of an enthusiast.
Old 08-12-2018, 12:59 AM
ForceReconTrojan
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by robertoflay
Thank you for your comments, I do not have as much as experience as you selling cars, I'm more of an enthusiast.
I did not know they were mutually exclusive. I think if you go back and look at your ad and comments from the start you may understand what many saw. At each price drop you said the car at that price was a "steal" In fac,t in the last two days you quoted someone saying that twice. Well, it was a steal at 107k so what exactly is it now? Capital murder? You have to be prepared to walk away from selling it as you claimed 6k dollars of drops ago. Once you float the " if I don't get this price I will keep it" then keep riding it down only erodes any buyer believing he has truly seen your bottom-line price.
As I said early on you have a PTS color inside and out the right buyer is out there but you have hurt yourself with all these price drops. I would pull this, regroup with a better presentation and with a number you absolutely will not budge from and just sell it.....
Old 08-12-2018, 08:29 AM
robertoflay
Instructor

I did not know they were mutually exclusive. I think if you go back and look at your ad and comments from the start you may understand what many saw. At each price drop you said the car at that price was a "steal" In fac,t in the last two days you quoted someone saying that twice. Well, it was a steal at 107k so what exactly is it now? Capital murder? You have to be prepared to walk away from selling it as you claimed 6k dollars of drops ago. Once you float the " if I don't get this price I will keep it" then keep riding it down only erodes any buyer believing he has truly seen your bottom-line price.
As I said early on you have a PTS color inside and out the right buyer is out there but you have hurt yourself with all these price drops. I would pull this, regroup with a better presentation and with a number you absolutely will not budge from and just sell it.....
This is my bottom number, at the point I keep it and rent out a garage space in NYC or sell it either way IM happy with my capital murder price give away.
Old 08-12-2018, 11:51 AM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,010 Likes on 1,261 Posts

This is my bottom number, at the point I keep it and rent out a garage space in NYC or sell it either way IM happy with my capital murder price give away.

Well handled Sir!
Old 08-12-2018, 12:08 PM
Addicted-2-Speed
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You were asking at the start almost 110k and now have shaved almost 20k off the car. Trust me people are following this trend, they wonder what the true bottom line number is.
Once you float the "if I don't get this price I will keep it" then keep riding it down only erodes any buyer believing he has truly seen your bottom-line price.
+1

Old 08-13-2018, 07:46 PM
robertoflay
Instructor

Originally Posted by Big Swole
Well handled Sir!
Thank you
Old 08-13-2018, 07:53 PM
Mtroyal
Track Day

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Man I love this car. I have a possible buyer for my current car this week and if it happens I’ll be contacting you.
Old 08-15-2018, 03:26 PM
robertoflay
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mtroyal
Man I love this car. I have a possible buyer for my current car this week and if it happens I’ll be contacting you.
Good luck with your sale, have a few appointments to see the car this weekend
Old 08-15-2018, 03:35 PM
gonefishin'
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have a few appointments to see the car this weekend
All the best!
Old 08-16-2018, 03:08 AM
Targat2017
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

911TS looks good, still have it?
Terra looks orange, its a dark-red, no?

can we coordinate a visit/look?
will be in Bergen on 8/20

DavidA
*Jersey shore
dha5 at hotmail
551 204 1244
732 477 1223
Old 08-17-2018, 01:33 PM
AC/911's
Banned

Received 94 Likes on 49 Posts

Has anyone looked at it in Person? PPI'd? Seen the paint flaws, Etc?

Last edited by AC/911's; 08-20-2018 at 12:32 PM.
Old 08-19-2018, 08:13 PM
parealtor
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw your identical twin in mystic CT this evening.

Quick Reply: 2011 997.2 Turbo S - Cream White over Black/Terracotta MLB Pitcher Owned