Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2006 Cayman S - Guards Red - Natural Brown Leather - Manual

Old 08-12-2018, 10:21 PM
LGK-SD
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Year: 2006
Make: Porsche
Model: Cayman
Cont. Porsche Models: Cayman S
Mileage (numbers only please): 32000
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Traction Control
Color: Guards Red
VIN: WP0AB29886U784092
Price (no $ sign please): $28000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Seller..can't believe this is still for sale. Might try BaT even though you comment on it above. Numerous Caymans have sold there for about what they should go for. In your case high 20's. Buyer though does pay a 5% fee. I recently had my brake lines flushed at a well known Porsche dealer with several mechanics who they themselves are PCA members. I asked them how many IMS issues they have seen overall...any Porsche...any year. Their answer was 2 in 15 years and both were Boxsters. FWIW......
Old 08-13-2018, 01:46 PM
Nackem
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I agree and thought this car was pretty desirable and would have been sold by now.

I am trying to keep up with the Caymans being sold on BaT and saw that you just posted on the nice gray one for sale. I hesitate with BaT a little bit just because it seems to never fail that at least one commenter seems to have a personal mission to sow doubt and fear into anyone and everyone about the IMS "issue" every single time which then seems to derail some of the other feedback.

I wonder what I could generate by gutting it out and selling all the interior... then... track car!
Old 08-17-2018, 05:29 PM
Nackem
Instructor

Gray one on BaT just brought a little over $29k not including the 5% fee on top. Think I'm priced pretty appropriately.
Old 08-17-2018, 05:52 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,717 Likes on 1,461 Posts

BAT typically gets premium prices for Porsches, and honestly $30K is fair, but still top of market. I personally think 987 S Caymans are the perfect budget Porsche, but if you can't move it yourself, why not put it on BAT?

Real buyers know what the issues are and are not with these cars, you don't have to worry too much about the ill-informed commenters.
Old 08-17-2018, 05:57 PM
Nackem
Instructor

I've tossed around the idea just haven't pulled the trigger. Maybe somewhat of a reluctance to sell the car. Every time I get in and drive it, I don't want to sell. However, I'd like to roll the money into something else and is what the real motivator is for me.
Old 08-18-2018, 11:47 AM
Rick_H
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Your car was on my short list before I found the exact color combo and options I wanted locally in MD. FWIW, my 2006 with 42k was listed at $28,000 I paid a little cheaper but not much. I cant believe that car is still around, beautiful car...
Old 08-18-2018, 01:29 PM
Nackem
Instructor

Appreciate the feedback. That's another good data point for me as to ACTUAL market value of these cars.
Old 09-03-2018, 08:11 PM
Nackem
Instructor

Lowered price bump
Old 09-05-2018, 11:34 AM
TornVeilMedia
4th Gear

Great looking car and love the interior. I am looking for a Cayman S but wifey says my R32 has to sell first (someone coming to get it next Tuesday). Red is definitely not my first choice for color but maybe it will grow on me in the next week if still available. I will check back.
Old 09-05-2018, 11:46 AM
zirrah
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Beautiful car and priced right too. Surprised it's still around.
Old 09-05-2018, 11:49 AM
Nackem
Instructor

Torn - No problem, just let me know when/if you want to move forward and I will let you know if it's still available. Red will grow on you, I promise. I haven't seen (m)any with this color combo either, typically the red cars I have seen have black interiors or the lighter Sand Beige.

Thanks, zirrah!
Old 09-06-2018, 06:42 PM
WAILN6
Racer

Received 99 Likes on 65 Posts

Great looking car and very hard to find this many options in an early Cayman. Big fan of the wheels and the full leather interior! I have only ever seen one brown interior in person, and pictures don't do it justice. It's really nice!

Just my opinion here, so if this offends or hampers the sale of your incredibly clean looking car let me know and I will edit/delete this editorial bit out. The following is only my opinion based on watching the market and commentary by others.
My guess is that the challenge you are facing is the price point is too close to .2 cars. For example: https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...30k-miles.html
I would agree that BAT people seemingly beat down great cars for ridiculously small percentile issues of IMS. However, one guy on BAT happened to say that he finally realized that if he bought a .1 car and carried a $ contingency for engine repair, that he was already in .2 price range. If we keep in mind that a 2006 car is now 12 years old, $30k is still a lot of money, and adding contingency to that puts you in striking distance of newer cars that may have mechanical advancements. For example, a 2012 S is a whopping 6 years newer. If I add ~$1k/yr to value, that's a realistic $6k price premium over a 2006. https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=202834009
If you can afford an expensive old car, is another $4k really that much? Not for me it isn't. So I would really need to be sold on the options, condition, and the seller to sway me to buy an older gen. That is, until they drop down to $20k. Then I'll just buy one because they are starting to get into Miata territory and a Cayman would be more fun as a daily than my land cruiser.
Old 10-30-2018, 12:13 PM
Nackem
Instructor

I have been silent on here but still have the car. Couple recent updates:

This coming weekend the car will be having the spark plugs, air filter, cabin filter and oil changed as well as getting a PPI done of my own volition to provide to any potential buyers. Will report back once all is complete.

As a side note, I am also selling my E36 M3 track car and would be interested in trading this Cayman for a HPDE/Track prepped(ish) Cayman if that opportunity exists.

Last edited by Nackem; 12-29-2018 at 09:18 PM.
Old 11-01-2018, 09:13 PM
Nackem
Instructor

Car will be in the Northern Virginia area starting tomorrow if anyone is interested in seeing it up there.
Old 11-04-2018, 11:37 PM
jtower
3rd Gear

i may be interested, will likely be at summit point this weekend

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2006 Cayman S - Guards Red - Natural Brown Leather - Manual