Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

😎 Review - Stop paying retail ship rates😎

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 10:37 AM
ROCKSTAR.
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 12 Posts

Category: Accessories
Price (no $ sign please): $1
Private or Vendor Listing: Vendor Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast
Item Condition: Brand New

Originally Posted by ShipNerd
@TJ993 - Are you referring to duties or brokerage? Duties are assessed by Canada Customs and are the same regardless of which carrier you use. Brokerage fees can get expensive when shipping items from the USA to Canada. ShipNerd only offers discounted air shipping rates from the USA to Canada as brokerage fees are already included, and you will not incur any additional brokerage fees.

Shipping from Canada to the USA we offer ground and air shipping rates, as brokerage is included for shipments valued under $800 USD.

If you're looking to ship an item and have any questions, please feel free to PM me the details and I'll be glad to help out.

@Jferrante - Thank you for your business.

Hope this helps,

Steve
Good to know!

Hey Steve, a friend of mine is shipping a bumper for me from SF to Toronto Canada, and I did a quick quote on the site just now. So the price would be air freight already?
Old 08-19-2017, 10:48 AM
ShipNerd
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

@ROCKSTAR. -- That is correct. USA to Canada shipments only display air shipping rates which includes routine customs brokerage. Take a look at this page:

https://www.shipnerd.com/faqs

"ShipNerd's "Faster", "Fastest", and "HyperSpeed" shipping levels include routine customs brokerage at no additional cost. The receiver may incur additional customs clearance charges if clearance is performed by brokerage offices other than those designated by the ShipNerd courier selected. Items such as Food, or LED lights sometimes require FDA inspection which is an example of a "non-routine" customs inspection."

Shipnerd will also provide your friend the customs documentation that he will need to include with the shipment so that the shipment processes through Canada customs.

Hope this helps,

Steve
Old 08-19-2017, 10:50 AM
ROCKSTAR.
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 12 Posts

@ROCKSTAR. -- That is correct. USA to Canada shipments only display air shipping rates which includes routine customs brokerage. Take a look at this page:

https://www.shipnerd.com/faqs

"ShipNerd's "Faster", "Fastest", and "HyperSpeed" shipping levels include routine customs brokerage at no additional cost. The receiver may incur additional customs clearance charges if clearance is performed by brokerage offices other than those designated by the ShipNerd courier selected. Items such as Food, or LED lights sometimes require FDA inspection which is an example of a "non-routine" customs inspection."

Shipnerd will also provide your friend the customs documentation that he will need to include with the shipment so that the shipment processes through Canada customs.

Hope this helps,

Steve
Great info! I'e forwarded the website to him. Appreciate it.
Old 08-20-2017, 09:39 AM
ShipNerd
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

@ROCKSTAR. - My pleasure. FYI: ShipNerd also allows you to print a label and forward it to someone to use. This way you can control the shipping cost if purchasing a part from someone -- you know you're paying the exact shipping costs...

Steve
Old 08-21-2017, 11:37 AM
ABT_SLC
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 13 Posts

It only asks for weight and not dimensions.
How can you give accurate quote?
Old 08-21-2017, 11:40 AM
ShipNerd
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

@ABT_SLC:

The quick quote provides you with an estimate that is based on weight only. When you login and create an account (it's free) there is a place to enter dimensions (as well as the full shipping address) so that you can get an exact ship quote.

Hope this helps,

Steve
Old 08-21-2017, 04:22 PM
ShipNerd
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Definitely one of the cooler items that shipped through ShipNerd (that we know about):

(photo courtesy of EvilHeadlights)

Remember, ShipNerd offers discounted shipping rates with no volume commitments or hidden shipping fees.

Steve
Old 08-21-2017, 08:32 PM
FlyinTomato
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

is it reasonable to ship the wheels and tires as how tirerack ship them? wrap them really good with cardboards on wheel faces
Old 08-23-2017, 12:24 PM
ShipNerd
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

@FlyinTomato

I apologize for the late reply, but I responded to your question in our other thread accidentally.

I don't see why not -- just make sure that the shipping waybills are safely secured onto the package. Also, I would suggest marking your shipment 1 of 4, 2 of 4, 3 of 4, etc...

wrap them really really well.

Steve
Old 08-27-2017, 05:12 PM
ShipNerd
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

SHIPPING TIP: Carriers introduce large packaging surcharges on larger boxes. Consider splitting up your shipment into two smaller boxes as part of the same shipment to eliminate this surcharge and save money -- ShipNerd is set up to accept multi piece shipments.
Old 08-28-2017, 11:29 AM
Kris Murphy
Rennlist Member

Received 181 Likes on 113 Posts

@ABT_SLC:

The quick quote provides you with an estimate that is based on weight only. When you login and create an account (it's free) there is a place to enter dimensions (as well as the full shipping address) so that you can get an exact ship quote.

Hope this helps,

Steve
Would be great if adding dimensions was part of the quick quote (like other carriers). I have tried to use your service several times (for large items). Each time, the initial price is cheaper, but when I go through the check out, it has as much as doubled. Every time, that price you are quoting once I get to that step is at least 10% more than what the prices are for the other carriers either through eBay, Paypal, or my accounts through carriers.

Would love to use you, but I have not found a situation where you are cheaper.
Old 08-28-2017, 11:37 AM
ABT_SLC
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 13 Posts

Same here. Came back 15% higher than fedex for large item.
Old 08-28-2017, 12:25 PM
ShipNerd
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Hi Guys,

Thank you for your response(s).

@Kris Murphy:

I pulled up your shipment (I found it from your name) to investigate a little further, here is what I’ve found:

(1) Your shipment weight was 13lb, but the billable weight was 45 lbs due to the dimensions you entered. As mentioned above, our "quick quote" provides an estimate that is based on weight only. Carriers charge on the greater between volume (dimensional weight) or actual weight. In your case, the billable weight was 45 lbs so the price was based on 45 lbs. When you login and create an account (it's free) there is a place to enter dimensions (as well as the full shipping address) so that you can get an exact ship quote - no surprises.

(2) I just reran your shipment using the exact "Origin Address", "Destination Address", "Weight", and "Dimensions" that you provided and our website displays the "EXACT" published pricing that the respective carrier shows on their website. Our published pricing is IDENTICAL to the carrier's websites as we literally display the exact price that they transmit to us - there is absolutely zero ambiguity here.

I am sending you screenshots in an email for privacy reasons so that you can see the information we provide is accurate.

(3) I’m not sure what sort of discounts you have set up with your respective carriers, but in the case of your shipment, the discount you received was 32% off retail published pricing. The screenshots I am emailing you will verify this. Please note, published pricing on ShipNerd would obviously be different *IF* you have discounts set up with respective carriers and you see negotiated rates as a logged in user on the carrier's website.

@ABT_SLC - If you send me a PM with your name or email address I would be more then happy to do the same for you. Please note, carriers impose large package surcharges depending on the dimensions of your package. If they return a large package surcharge based on the dimensions you inputted we return it in the reply to you - what you see is what we get back from the carriers.

ShipNerd always displays the same published rates as the carrier's website. We literally take the shipping information a customer provides us (address & package details) and transmit it to the carriers. They return a reply and that is literally what we show on our website.

I do appreciate the feedback about adding dimensions to the quick quote tool though.

Hope this helps,

Steve

Last edited by ShipNerd; 08-28-2017 at 12:44 PM.
Old 08-29-2017, 11:37 AM
ShipNerd
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thanks again @Kris Murphy
Old 09-05-2017, 05:38 PM
ShipNerd
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor