Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

★ BLOWOUT SALE NEW FORGED WHEELS IN STOCK ★ MEDIA DISCOUNTS ON ALL NEW ORDERs

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2016, 07:01 AM
ealoken
Three Wheelin'

Received 114 Likes on 72 Posts

Category: Wheels & Tires
Price (no $ sign please): $3500
Private or Vendor Listing: Vendor Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 911, 912, 914, 924/931/944/951/968, 928, 964, 986, 987, 993, 996, 997, Cayenne, Cayman, Carrera GT, Panamera
Location (Region): SoCAl
Item Condition: Brand New

Originally Posted by bhf_clt
img_2757_da943e0dedeec8582ff29b9e1a703a823ba7d152.jpg[/img]
I have seen the same fault on wheels from Taiwan, they break in the spokes.
Old 12-28-2016, 08:37 AM
bondjockey
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

According to research done by another poster public shipping records show that RTF received a shipment of 1500 cast wheels from South Korea last year. Occam's razor would suggest that this is not a coincidence.
Old 12-28-2016, 12:01 PM
Race Tech Forged
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Google is powerful enough to show images of the same or worse on many other well known companies having a failure on a race track, there's plenty of threads on RL alone with other wheel brands having issues.

Originally Posted by ealoken
I have seen the same fault on wheels from Taiwan, they break in the spokes.
Old 12-28-2016, 12:09 PM
Race Tech Forged
Former Vendor

Sir perhaps you and your gang of trolls & internet thugs should do your research or hire someone to do it for you correctly instead of following what one man has to say.

All of our wheels are forged 6061-t6.

You and the rest of your party will soon have a very unpleasant real world life experience once this is put an end.

Trolling, bashing and slandering a business on RL is against all forum rules the admins will be doing the job there hired to do very soon.

Originally Posted by bondjockey
According to research done by another poster public shipping records show that RTF received a shipment of 1500 cast wheels from South Korea last year. Occam's razor would suggest that this is not a coincidence.
Old 12-28-2016, 12:42 PM
FLT6SPD
Rennlist Member

Received 591 Likes on 259 Posts

Quoting for the record. The immaturity is amazing for a business, it almost sounds threatening...

Originally Posted by Race Tech Forged
Sir perhaps you and your gang of trolls & internet thugs should do your research or hire someone to do it for you correctly instead of following what one man has to say.

All of our wheels are forged 6061-t6.

You and the rest of your party will soon have a very unpleasant real world life experience once this is put an end.

Trolling, bashing and slandering a business on RL is against all forum rules the admins will be doing the job there hired to do very soon.

Old 12-28-2016, 12:48 PM
bhf_clt
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

"Gang of trolls and internet thugs." That's rich. You have a lot of nerve to use pictures of my car with your wheels on the track in your adverstisements but then get bent out of shape when I share my experience with your wheels on the track. And then to threaten me and others for sharing those experiences? Laughable. I would think the administrators of Rennlist would be very careful about censoring members who are trying to warn others about a problem vendor.

FACT: Your wheel failed on my car after only eight track days.

FACT: Your wheel failed on Gary's car after only three track days.

FACT: On Rennlist and in emails to me you promised to FedEx a reimbursement check of $750+ to cover the damage done to my car by your failing wheel. That was over two weeks ago, and I have yet to receive a check. And simply repeating over and over again that you've offered to replace the damaged wheel does not change the fact that you promised to cover the damage to my car and you have yet to do so.

FACT: There have been numerous complaints on Rennlist and other forums about your company's issues with poor communication, unmet delivery promises, etc.

We can argue about whether you should refund my money or replace the damaged wheel, but the facts above are indisputable. As I mentioned in my original post, the reader can make his/her own decision on whether to buy your wheels after reviewing the facts and various opinions (including yours) on this issue.

A course in damage control and public relations could do wonders for your business. Shooting the messenger rarely yields a positive outcome.
Old 12-28-2016, 01:10 PM
johnbelk
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FLT6SPD
Quoting for the record. The immaturity is amazing for a business, it almost sounds threatening...
"Almost???"
RTF's words are meant to intimidate and threaten those that believe they've been wronged. Given the circumstances, right or wrong what smart businessman openly/publicly makes such unsettling comments? In the scheme of things, what's being asked for by RTF Customers seems a small cost of doing business. A write-off.
What we're watching is a company unable to realize the very damage to their business image that them their selves continue to perpetuate...
In my 57 years, I can honestly say, right or wrong, I've never observed anything to match. The RTF's recent posts have become very serious and concerning.
I really do hope that the customers and RTF are able to mitigate their differences and everyone can move on... JB
Old 12-28-2016, 01:50 PM
Race Tech Forged
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by FLT6SPD
Once a proper report is done that shows the correct test performed on the wheel that is "imported from Korea" according to a few members The results will show that wheels are 6061-T6 forged aluminum.

That's when you'll have that unpleasant feeling inside yourself and start questioning perhaps other false statements that were made in the last few weeks on RL are infact false?

That will be a pretty real world life experience wouldn't?
Old 12-28-2016, 02:43 PM
Robb M.
IB Staff

Received 669 Likes on 463 Posts

Unfortunately due to the contentious nature of the relationship between RTF and community members, we have decided to remove RTF from the community as a vendor.

cheers,
robb