Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

!!! RARE CARGRAPHIC AIRLIFT KIT FOR 996 / 997 GT2 / GT3 WITH BRAND NEW UPGRADES !!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 11:39 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,166 Likes on 3,930 Posts
Default !!! RARE CARGRAPHIC AIRLIFT KIT FOR 996 / 997 GT2 / GT3 WITH BRAND NEW UPGRADES !!!

Category: Steering & Suspension
Price (no $ sign please): $3750
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 996, 997
Location (Region): SouthEast
Item Condition: Used

You don't see too many of these come available for sale!

Tired of scraping the low front spoiler lip or expensive aftermarket body kit of your 996 or 997 GT2 or GT3 on angled driveways and speed humps - wouldn't it be great to just lift it up a little and drive up or over without waiting for the crunch and scrape to happen - ever wished you could lower the ride height of your GT P-car for looks or better Aero, but don't want to risk front end body damage - well now you can with this Cargraphic Airlift Complete Kit in excellent condition. It allows you to raise the front end of your GT2 or GT3 up 2.8" from the set ride-height (2.2" at the shock towers wihich translates to 2.8" at the nose - see brochure).

I purchased this from another forum member; in my excitement to find one of these pre-owned, I did not realize there were different kits for the GT cars than for the non-GT narrow-body cars, and this kit that I purchased was the version for the GT2 & GT3 cars and is not compatible with the non GT cars (I have a C2S). The reason is because the Bilstein kits for the C2 & C2S cars have a narrower spring inner diameter (60.5mm) than the OE or Bilstein coil springs for the GT2 & GT3 cars (62mm). This Airlift kit has the 60mm lift support tubes and will only work with the larger 62mm ID GT2 & GT3 coilovers, but it will work with either the Original Equipment PORSCHE coilover suspension in these cars or with the aftermarket Bilstein coilover kits for these same models. It also works with PASM Coilovers (Bilstein Damptronics) and with non PASM versions.

Also, before realizing that I would not be able to install this kit on my car, I had also purchased some very nice upgrades from Cargraphic to work with this kit, like the separate upgraded compressor and the roof console control switch (replaces one side of your HomeLink buttons for a factory OE appearance). The original design of the Airlift kit used the OEM compressor as the air source for the lift, but this compressor is noisy, slow, and not really designed with a duty cycle for regular use. The upgraded compressor is quieter, more powerful, does a faster lift, and makes the wiring cleaner and simpler. The silver compressor you see in the photos is the specific Cargraphic upgraded unit (part # CARRSS100C) and is brand new, as is the Roof Console Control Switch (part # CARALSSWITCH). These 2 items by themselves are over $750.

Unfortunately, in trying to figure out how to make this kit work, I've become a bit of a Front end lift expert....Aside from the now offered OEM Porsche Front end lift (must be ordered on a new car) and this Cargraphic Airlift, there are only a couple other front end lift kits available and both are hydraulic units - one from TechArt and one from K&W and both are extremely expensive (I think the TechArt one is close to $12,000) and can you imagine a hydraulic line full of oil blowing apart in your front compartment under pressure, or god forbid spraying onto your front tires - what a mess and potential major safety risk! The compressed air kits are the cleaner, safer, and more economical way to do this, so much so

that this Cargraphic Airlift kit has been personally tested and is endorsed by Walter Rohrl (if you don't know who Walter is, shame on you). He did back to back sessions at Hockenheim in the same 997 GT2 - one with the Airlift kit installed (obviously deflated) and another with it completely removed, and observed no difference in the behavior of the car or the lap times achieved, so there is no negative effect to the kit, it just makes your car much more usable on the street by providing additional front-end clearance on-demand.

Here's the video of the test -

and here's a 2nd video showing more detailed footage of the Airlift in action -

I'm selling the complete kit including the upgrades (everything you see in the photos) all together for a fraction of what any other front-end lift kit would cost you - it's less than the cost of a good set of used wheels, and far more functional.

Price includes insured and trackable Ground shipping in the Continental US (I don't ship outside the US - Int'l buyers will need a US address I can ship to) via UPS or FedEx.

You can PM me or send an e-mail to petza914@gmail.com. Thanks.
Attached Images     
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Cargraphic Airlift Brochure.pdf (531.6 KB, 362 views)
Old 11-01-2013, 10:01 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Weekend Bump
Old 11-08-2013, 09:02 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Bump
Old 11-25-2013, 12:53 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Still available.

Quick Reply: !!! RARE CARGRAPHIC AIRLIFT KIT FOR 996 / 997 GT2 / GT3 WITH BRAND NEW UPGRADES !!!