Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

WTB GT2 REAR SWAY BAR

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2018, 01:50 PM
HarmonyJim
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 45 Posts
Default WTB GT2 REAR SWAY BAR

Category: Accessories
Price (no $ sign please): $0
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 997
Location (Region): NorCal
Item Condition: Used

I am looking to purchase a used rear sway bar from a 2007 GT2 (25.2 x 4.4 mm), part no. 997-333-701-94 & 96 (the 96 superceded the 94 part no.). I am looking to upgrade my current 2007 GT3RS rear sway bar (23.6 x 3.5 mm). Anyone out there who has done this factory-approved modification have any input? Using for a predominantly street-driven vehicle.

Last edited by HarmonyJim; 11-15-2018 at 04:14 PM.
Old 11-17-2018, 09:31 AM
RobT 394
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 58 Posts

Not sure what handling problem you are trying to solve. Changing parts is a slippery slope you might not want to go down for a street car.

Assuming you do want to change parts, there are generally a couple of options. One is the GT2 bar as you have probably researched. Changing out one bar however, especially in a street driven vehicle is not likely to have that much impact you can actually feel. The other is the GMG bar set found here. The front is a lot harder to change than the rear but can be done as DIY.
Old 11-17-2018, 09:43 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

I run the gt2 bar. Not sure you’d feel it on street unless you’re at 1.3g plus at full throttle. It helps keep the rear end balanced w the front with aggressive setups. Have you tried going full stiff rear on stock bar?
Old 11-18-2018, 12:52 AM
HarmonyJim
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 45 Posts

I researched it a bit and found PNA recommended it as a replacement on GT3 & RS models "at the request of the customer" and is "also approved for driving the vehicle on public roads". Additionally, it appears to be the same bar as installed on the 997.2 GT3RS. My RS has the full RSS Tarmac kit, engine and trans mounts, DSC (including third-axis accelerometer) with Tractive shocks. Considering the increased diameter and wall thickness (25.5 x 4.4 mm versus 23.9 x 3.5 mm), my guess is the new bar - remember Porsche decided the rear bar on the 997.2 GT3/RS models would benefit from this - is far stiffer than the 997.1's 'slighter' unit. My goal is to lessen - if only a little - the tendency for the car to push a bit in certain slower corners. For spirited street driving, that is far more of a concern than the effect it may cause upon acceleration out of the corner.

Quick Reply: WTB GT2 REAR SWAY BAR