Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Feeler: 1960 356B T5 coupe

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2018, 10:16 PM
shelhart2
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Feeler: 1960 356B T5 coupe

Year: 2020
Make: Porsche
Model: 0
Mileage (numbers only please): 65000
Color: Ivory
Price (no $ sign please): $1111
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 4 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Carbs
Stereo System: None

Old 03-19-2018, 10:37 PM
shelhart2
Rennlist Member

Default details

Sorry for the incomplete post. My iPad and Rennlist don't like each other so it errantly posted prior to completion... I bought the car almost 5 years out of Jacksonville, Fl. It was a complete numbers matching (engine and transaxle) car in need of restore. It took me 4.5 years to complete and did everything correct. 100% rotisserie meticulous restoration of every nut and bolt. Retained much of original chrome and took great care to source highest quality NOS parts. 100% metal and concours quality everything. Undercarriage, seams, panels, gaps, finish perfect. Engine and transaxle completely rebuilt with receipts. All gauges 100% restored by Palo Alto Speedo. Brand new YNZ concours quality wiring harness. Put in new forged crank as a preventative measure. Restored to exact factory COA finished in Ivory and red leatherette as it came from factory. 2 sets of wheels (OEM 4.5" as well as chrome 5.5" wheels as pictured). everything new including brakes, suspension, bushings, bearings, thicker factory sway bar, battery, etc. Interior 100% completely restored. Pictures just taken as it was shown in judged class for first time at Amelia Island this past weekend at the Werks Reunion. Have clear title, COA, and receipts. Have over $75k invested in restore.

It's a beautiful car I spent way too much time and money to get to this point. While it was a labor of love, I'd candidly be a bit more excited in sourcing a 997 GT3 or even consider a GT4. I thought I'd first run by this group as this will be the very first time contemplating a sale or trade... Email me privately at shelhart2@gmail.com if serious.
Old 03-20-2018, 10:11 PM
shelhart2
Rennlist Member

Default requested details

1960 356B/1600 Reutter Coupe

Production completion date: 12/30/1959

Engine #: 601444

Transmission #: 33398

Chassis #: 110217

Exterior paint code: Ivory

Interior color: Red Leatherette

Mileage: approx. 65k reset to zero on 100% restoration. Current mileage less than 100 miles.

Full rotisserie restoration completion date: 3-1-2018

Purchased in 2013 out of Jacksonville Fl. Owner had it 18 years prior and was a complete numbers matching car. Car was brought to Orlando and disassembled, categorized, stripped to bare metal, and restored on a rotisserie. Majority of car solid aside from floors, battery box and normal rust prone areas. All replaced with proper panels and no glasswork. All metal car with correct metal. Careful attention to prep of frame, epoxy coating, seam sealing, proper sound deadening, etc. Gaps and seams concours quality. Color returned to factory COA and flawless. Interior completely redone including headliner, all re chromed (space coast plating), gauges completely restored by Palo Alto Speedo, and brand new complete wiring harness by YNZ (they do Porsche museum harnesses). Engine and transmission matching numbers and completely rebuilt. Even replaced with billet crank for extra preventative measure. Clutch, exhaust, regulator, battery all new. All brake cylinders, every brake line, master cylinder, suspension, bushings, etc. 100% new. 5 original (stamped) steel 4.5” wheels plus chrome 5.5” wheel with chrome centers. Gas tank was treated internally and restored to OEM.
Old 03-21-2018, 08:12 AM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

Please post price required by private sellers on Rennlist.
Old 03-21-2018, 10:22 AM
dave292
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 115 Posts

So are you asking us what we think the car is worth? IF so, you'll need a lot more pictures such as interior, motor, undercarriage etc. Also post the C of A and pictures of the matching numbers on the car. If I were unsure as to the value I would be posting this over on the 356registry site.
Good luck.

Last edited by dave292; 03-21-2018 at 05:06 PM.
Old 03-21-2018, 10:23 AM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by points
Please post price required by private sellers on Rennlist.
I'll pay the full asking price.
Old 03-21-2018, 08:38 PM
shelhart2
Rennlist Member

As it is between concours and excellent (more to concours) I’ve been told should be a solid $90k. I will certainly do a better photo shoot and numbers documentation.
Old 03-23-2018, 01:23 PM
shelhart2
Rennlist Member

Default More pics

Old 03-29-2018, 09:59 PM
shelhart2
Rennlist Member

Appreciate all of the personal emails and feedback. Based on feedback, $90k seems to be in line and a very fair deal. Hagarty has it listed at $107k in concours. 've seen a lot of rough examples at $60-$75k and the was done correctly. I'd consider a trade for a GT4 or a 2016 Boxster Spyder with low miles. Only two vehicles I'm looking towards at this point and have decided to forego the GT3 for what I'm looking for.

Quick Reply: Feeler: 1960 356B T5 coupe