Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

WTB: Looking for 987.1 Cayman S

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 11:53 AM
Darel
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB: Looking for 987.1 Cayman S

Year: 2020
Make: Porsche
Model: 0
Mileage (numbers only please): 99999
Color: not black or silver
Price (no $ sign please): $20000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM Radio

Hello, I am looking to purchase a 987.1 Cayman S. I am not in a hurry, so I'm going to be kind of picky here. I'll just list out some of my preferences for my ideal car:

MUST be an S. This is not negotiable, don't contact me if it's not an S.

MUST be a manual. Again this is absolutely non-negotiable. Don't contact me if it's an auto. Don't contact me if you think it's an "automanual" and that's just the same thing, right? NO. Car must have three pedals.

Other than that, it's negotiable, but as I have the time to be picky, here is what I'm looking for:

- Sport Chrono (bonus points if Plus) and PASM. Not that either one is all that important, but at this stage of my search I'm really just skipping over cars I see for sale that don't have that little grouping of four buttons under the HVAC controls on the center stack. I see two buttons and I move on.

- Standard seats or (yeah, right) adaptive. While it's certainly not a deal-breaker for the right car, I'm trying to avoid the Sport seats for comfort and middle-aged large-*** reasons.

- Factory Nav. Please no aftermarket stereos, unless you have the OEM equipment that I can re-install, even if it's not the nav but the base radio.

- Any interior color other than black (though black is OK if the car is pretty well loaded). Massive, massive bonus points for Terra Cotta or Cocoa interiors. Don't really care about alcantara or leather or anything, in fact I may reupholster the seats in cloth anyway.

- Any exterior color other than black or Arctic Silver (unless car is fully loaded). Meteor Gray or Seal Gray are OK. Massive bonus points for cobalt blue, guards red or especially dark olive green. Mmmmmm......dark olive green.....

- NO PCCB. Not that I'm likely to find one with this option anyway, but I'm not really keen on an $8000 brake job.

- Bonus points for Sport steering wheel or Bi-Xenons but I'm not really hung up on either one. Even the standard headlights are going to be light (see what I did there?) years ahead of what I'm driving now.

- Not picky on wheels but for my purposes, the smaller the better. I'd actually prefer the 18" wheels so tires are cheaper and I have a little more cushion for my PA potholes.

I'm not afraid of high mileage cars as long as they are backed up by an appropriate service history and appropriately priced. Not afraid to put in a clutch, AOS or water pump, again as long as it's appropriately priced and I can at least test drive the car. In fact I wouldn't mind a clutch project with my kids. Engine must be 100% sound - I'm not made of money, here.

If it matters to you, I will be financing the car so you might have a little headache dealing with that.

I am looking nationwide but it would really have to be a special car for something further away than 1500 miles from Pennsylvania. I fully intend to fly in / drive home for the right car.

Thanks, and please let me know if you see anything that fits my needs!

Darel
darelmatthews@yahoo.com

Last edited by Darel; 03-17-2018 at 01:10 PM.
Old 03-17-2018, 08:03 PM
Nackem
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Doesn't have PASM or Chrono but has some other features you are looking for including Guards Red.

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...er-manual.html
Old 03-20-2018, 03:45 PM
sholzer
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

I think mine checks a lot of your boxes

PASM + Sport Chrono
Standard Seats
Stone Grey interior
Atlas Grey exterior
Standard brakes
Stport Steering wheel + Bi Xenons

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...ghlight=cayman
Old 03-20-2018, 03:51 PM
Darel
Track Day

It absolutely does! I would love your car but you're about 10K above my budget. Sorry!
Old 03-21-2018, 08:47 AM
desmotesta
Rennlist Member

Received 1,957 Likes on 935 Posts

Here is one, at a very reputable local German/Indy shop near me..$16,900 108K Miles..Steal!

These guys are Porsche experts..

https://raleigh.craigslist.org/ctd/d...532891066.html
Old 03-21-2018, 08:53 AM
Darel
Track Day

None of the options I'm looking for, and the only color combo I'm trying to avoid. But thank you!
Old 03-21-2018, 09:24 AM
desmotesta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Darel
None of the options I'm looking for, and the only color combo I'm trying to avoid. But thank you!

Your list of expected options and expected $$$$ you want to pay is Humorous..Good luck
Old 03-21-2018, 09:31 AM
Darel
Track Day

I'm actually finding quite a few in my price range. I'm just being super picky right now because I have a year or so before I really need to buy, and in fact it might serve me better to wait until fall. Spring makes a seller's market, plus I'm getting deployed to the Middle East in June so the car would be sitting for three months anyway.

But in the end PASM + Sport Chrono for 20K or thereabouts really isn't hard to find at all. Just spend 15 minutes on cars.com or autotrader. It really helps I'm not afraid of higher mileage cars.
Old 03-21-2018, 10:26 AM
desmotesta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Darel
I'm actually finding quite a few in my price range. I'm just being super picky right now because I have a year or so before I really need to buy, and in fact it might serve me better to wait until fall. Spring makes a seller's market, plus I'm getting deployed to the Middle East in June so the car would be sitting for three months anyway.

But in the end PASM + Sport Chrono for 20K or thereabouts really isn't hard to find at all. Just spend 15 minutes on cars.com or autotrader. It really helps I'm not afraid of higher mileage cars.

happy to be of service.. Glad we can help you make your mind up

you can rebirth this thread or start a whole other one when you are ready to purchase.. or may be by then you would have moved on to a 996 or a 997..
Old 03-21-2018, 04:09 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

Could you point those for sale Cayman S that have 6 Speed, PASM and Sport Chrono at $20K? I would love to have one to buy too and I am not too picky
Old 03-21-2018, 04:41 PM
Darel
Track Day

Here's one for example, without taking the time to go through all the listings I've already looked at. This one has Nav too.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=187268133

Quick Reply: WTB: Looking for 987.1 Cayman S