Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

FS: 2015 991.1 GTS Coupe

Old 11-24-2017, 12:13 PM
kwikit356
Rennlist Member

Received 123 Likes on 65 Posts

Year: 2015
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 12700
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof, Traction Control
Color: Sapphire Blue Metallic
VIN: WP0AB2A99FS125308
Price (no $ sign please): $116000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: PDK
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Thanksgiving Weekend Bump. I'm giving it to a dealer very soon to sell for me, probably sometime next week (it was scheduled to happen Saturday, 11/25/17), as so far I have not received any offers at all. so, soon gone from the Rennlist Classifieds.
Old 11-25-2017, 09:02 AM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 254 Likes on 193 Posts

Stunning
Thanks for your service.
Old 03-20-2018, 01:33 PM
kwikit356
Rennlist Member

Default New Price- Drop to $98,000

There is a very real offer, very close to my asking price above ($98,000.00) on my GTS from a non-Rennlister. I have the car for sale, on consignment, with a broker in Massachusetts. It neither hurts nor helps me financially to sell it through the broker or to sell it myself. I've already paid the broker- actually some time ago. The benefit to any buyer using the broker is to see what the broker can do to help arrange financing and/or any extended warranty beyond April 26, 2019. There are no fees involved either way, unless the buyer elects to finance or obtain a warranty through the broker. Title to the car will be available to the buyer very quickly, as it is held by my local credit union. The pay-off is a great deal less than the selling price. Any payment of the purchase price of my car would go through my credit union (Service Credit Union, Main US office located in Portsmouth, New Hampshire USA, where the actual physical title document is held). After completion of the transaction, I would receive a check from my credit union for the difference between the sale price of the car and the amount of my loan pay-off.

The offer through the broker is real, or I would not be bothering to see if there is someone on Rennlist who can observe that there is a long-term upside for these last NA 3.8L cars. Right now, it seems that the market for 991.1 versions of the GTS is very soft. As I commented in the 991 Forum, I think there may be particular reasons why this has happened. The 991.1 GTS became available at the very end of 2014, so that means the Porsche leases on these would begin in late '14 and early '15, bringing the lease returns to the dealers hitting the market at the beginning of 2018. This should continue, for 991.1 GTS cars, I would guess for maybe a period of 18 months. Probably only PCNA knows how many cars overall and how many cars each month. But, when Porsche dealers have low residual value lease returns (most of which have very low mileage), it's easy for them to CPO the car and sell it for substantially less than the prior market value (before 2018), since the cost was nicely amortized by the first lessee of the car. This generates a second sale/lease profit to the dealer now, to the current buyer or second lessee.

I have no good reason to complain about this. I certainly believed, back at the very beginning of 2015, that from 2012 it was obvious that the low residual values on 991.1 Carrera and S models was substantially caused by dealers selling used lease returned cars. I bought the hype that there would be such an overall small number of GTS cars that Porsche's lease program would not have the same impact. Added to that, I had a plan to keep my '15 GTS a very long time. Then, of course, like most of my plans (to paraphrase battle plans), they do not survive actual contact with ongoing life.

It is my understanding that I have the remainder of today (June 5, 2018) to consider the offer that has been made through the broker. The offer is just a small amount less than what I put above as my new price for the car. There is no longer any point in negotiating down from $98,000. If you want this car, it's $98,000, no lower offers. It means more work for me to sell it myself to a Rennlister. The difference is not enough to really justify trying this, so the real reason is that I want to sell it to one of the guys on here. John started this whole thing, and we owe it to each other to help it maintain value for all of us, regardless of what entity owns it now.

Honestly, it really hurts to sell this car, no matter what the price. Money no longer means as much to me as it did, probably because I'm old now. The light in the tunnel is, without doubt, a train coming. If you really want to know just how incredible this particular GTS is, I can give you a name and telephone number of just one other gentleman who really knows what this one is about. Never abused, ever. Never even one "launch control" start. A few track days, for which I can provide GoPro videos if you want to see how it was driven, the way real 911s have to be in order to function well over their lifetime. That does not mean abuse, in any context. These cars are not porcelain dolls; they have more in common with race horses. You have to feed them, maintain them, and talk with them every time you are together. They do need to know that you're the boss, but that you are in this life together. This car needs one of you right now. If you are that person, please come get it. If you want to talk about it or text, I can be reached at 603-380-2971. I'll probably even answer the damn phone.

Last edited by kwikit356; 06-05-2018 at 02:25 PM. Reason: To list a new lower asking price
Old 03-21-2018, 06:11 PM
racecar
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by zx5go
Norm, I cannot say enough about what your sacrifice to our country means.
+991 - Patriotic colors
Old 03-23-2018, 05:21 PM
gotgolf52
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts

Free bump for a beautiful 991 GTS. As Vietnamese-American, thank you very much for your service, my father fought along your side during the VN war. He was a captain in Air Force for South VN government trained in Texas. We owe you and hundred of thousands American troops wounded, killed and/or MIA in VN. Your sacrifices never forgotten in our hearts and our children who reside in America post VN war.
Old 06-05-2018, 02:29 PM
kwikit356
Rennlist Member

Default New Price is $98,000.

I think I should have simply done a new post, instead of editing my post of 03-18-2018, which is a few posts below. That 03-18-2018 post was just edited by me a few minutes ago, so that is actually the new price for the car, as of this date: June 05, 2018 as of the time stamp on this new/most recent post. Sorry I managed to not do this correctly.

Norm

Last edited by kwikit356; 06-05-2018 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Error in stating date of earlier post as 01-18-2018
Old 06-13-2018, 11:54 PM
Dieterf
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you still have the torque rench and alignment tool? I would be interested in buying it separately

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FS: 2015 991.1 GTS Coupe