Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

PTS RIVERIA BLUE MANUAL GT3

Old 03-26-2018, 03:16 PM
bluehorseshoe
Three Wheelin'

Received 444 Likes on 178 Posts

^^^ Yes...but you can't fault people for wanting it the way they want it when dropping so much coin.

Personally, I think a near perfect build in such a dope classic color > plastic interior. I bet this car's sold. And if not, the GT3 market isn't nearly as hot as most of us are led to believe.
Old 03-26-2018, 06:36 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by F1tifosi
All this chatter about the leather interior on a GT car. Why would you need it and risk having a dollop of Grey Poupon or Beluga caviar accidentally stain the dash?

Bigger issue for me is no Bose. Even on the track, I like to listen to Pink Floyd, U2, or Third Day (sorry Leather Dash kings, not Pavarotti) and the standard radio does not cut it...
Enjoyed the irony.
Old 03-27-2018, 11:47 AM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by Pinball
How does Porsche build this car without full leather interior? How?
wrong forum
Old 03-30-2018, 06:16 PM
juanpablo046
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

I’m not a fan of leather in car interiors but having this mid quality kid of rubber (and ugly to me at least) finish on the dash is not at option. The car already has Alcantara and leather all over, why would you have a third material?

The money difference is not significant, could this be an order made by a sales man not aware of the standard interior not being leather?
Old 03-30-2018, 07:53 PM
DFWCanuck
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Lovely color w/ buckets and a stick - I'm sure it will be well enjoyed by whoever gives it a new home
Old 03-30-2018, 10:16 PM
F1tifosi
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 50 Posts

Saying the standard leather is like rubber and embarrassing is a complete joke - really...?

I have a full leather specimen but also have had a standard leather and the interior still looks great.

If this is a deal breaker, stay away, and go buy a pimped out 991.2. Respect diversity (marriage is proof) but all this whining reminds me of my 16 year old complaining her Starbucks allowance is only $50/month.

Old 03-30-2018, 11:36 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 677 Likes on 371 Posts

Saying the standard leather is like rubber and embarrassing is a complete joke - really...?

I have a full leather specimen but also have had a standard leather and the interior still looks great.

If this is a deal breaker, stay away, and go buy a pimped out 991.2. Respect diversity (marriage is proof) but all this whining reminds me of my 16 year old complaining her Starbucks allowance is only $50/month.

exactly standard leather still looks great. It is the plastic dash that is uglier than the plastic dash in my $40k Jeep Grand Cherokee people are complaining about 😂😂
Old 03-31-2018, 12:22 AM
juanpablo046
Racer

have you touched a dashboard without leather interior option?
Old 03-31-2018, 10:00 AM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

I think the standard interior is fine, have it in my 991.2 C4 and have it in my 991.2 GT3 that's incoming. We all have different opinions, PCCB vs steel, sofas vs LWBS, PDK vs manual, standard interior vs leather, LED vs standard, and so on and so forth. Sure, if you optioned it and/or it's a deal breaker if a GT3 doesn't have it, obviously that is entirely up to you and your own prerogative what you do with your own hard earned money, but this thread makes it feel almost like it's a "necessity" for a GT3 to have the leather interior which doesn't reconcile with me

It's a GT3... a freaking weapon. The focus should be on the driving dynamics, that quintessential 911 feel coupled with the GT3's motorsport hyper focus in my opinion. If I wanted a killer interior I would be driving an S-Class, if I wanted a sports car with a killer interior I would be driving a 458, AMG GT, or Aston. Get me something with quilted interior, a very unique looking cockpit that feels special. I don't think it's the interior that makes the GT3 feel special. I won't be fretting too much over the fact that my dash is vinyl vs stitched leather opposed to grinning from ear to ear because of how lucky I'll feel just behind the wheel of this car. The interior shouldn't be the focus IMO... That was never the 911's strong point (again in my opinion), in any generation for that matter. The mantra for Porsche has been form follows function.
Old 03-31-2018, 10:06 AM
Selo
Rennlist Member

Received 123 Likes on 62 Posts

Is there a consensus that a leather interior is a more important option than 18 way seats or buckets?
Old 03-31-2018, 09:12 PM
CobaltCr
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
I think the standard interior is fine, have it in my 991.2 C4 and have it in my 991.2 GT3 that's incoming. We all have different opinions, PCCB vs steel, sofas vs LWBS, PDK vs manual, standard interior vs leather, LED vs standard, and so on and so forth. Sure, if you optioned it and/or it's a deal breaker if a GT3 doesn't have it, obviously that is entirely up to you and your own prerogative what you do with your own hard earned money, but this thread makes it feel almost like it's a "necessity" for a GT3 to have the leather interior which doesn't reconcile with me

It's a GT3... a freaking weapon. The focus should be on the driving dynamics, that quintessential 911 feel coupled with the GT3's motorsport hyper focus in my opinion. If I wanted a killer interior I would be driving an S-Class, if I wanted a sports car with a killer interior I would be driving a 458, AMG GT, or Aston. Get me something with quilted interior, a very unique looking cockpit that feels special. I don't think it's the interior that makes the GT3 feel special. I won't be fretting too much over the fact that my dash is vinyl vs stitched leather opposed to grinning from ear to ear because of how lucky I'll feel just behind the wheel of this car. The interior shouldn't be the focus IMO... That was never the 911's strong point (again in my opinion), in any generation for that matter. The mantra for Porsche has been form follows function.
I agree with you but this build is weird. Why spend 13k on a PTS color? Get white and buy extra wheels and tires for the track if you don't care about aesthetics and only want the gt3 feel.
Old 03-31-2018, 09:18 PM
juanpablo046
Racer

Originally Posted by CobaltCr
I agree with you but this build is weird. Why spend 13k on a PTS color? Get white and buy extra wheels and tires for the track if you don't care about aesthetics and only want the gt3 feel.
Indeed, it's non consistent. That's why I think it's a mistake
Old 03-31-2018, 09:30 PM
GT TREE
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino

Excellent points!
Old 03-31-2018, 10:26 PM
juanpablo046
Racer

Originally Posted by GT TREE
Excellent points!
Probably not when the car was optioned to be sold new
Old 04-01-2018, 02:01 AM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

That I cannot tell you heh

If this was spec'd by a dealer to flip then yes I'm not sure why the leather option wasn't ticked. But if it was spec'd by someone who actually planned to take delivery of the car then that's a different story and only God knows why as every buyer is different.

My main point was just for those who are repulsed by the standard interior to present the other side of the coin and perspective from someone who did spec standard interior.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PTS RIVERIA BLUE MANUAL GT3