Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

PTS RIVERIA BLUE MANUAL GT3

Old 03-24-2018, 01:00 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

How does Porsche build this car without full leather interior? How?
Because its a GT3 not a Turbo S
Some guys actually drive these on the track and not just cars and coffee.
Some guys care about performance and not deviated stitching.
Old 03-24-2018, 02:02 AM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OldGuy
You mean the guys with track cars. Gotcha
The 996 GT3 to me felt like a motorsports car. the current gt3- mehee it's way too plush in std form imo- not a track guy just think my GT3 is softer than my 997TT. fwiw it's a lux car imo

Last edited by German_Saint; 03-24-2018 at 02:20 AM.
Old 03-25-2018, 07:54 AM
bluehorseshoe
Three Wheelin'

Received 444 Likes on 178 Posts
Default Coincidence?

Wow. Now I know of two PTS cars that just ‘became available’ with near identical builds.

I’ve been torturing myself for the past few days on a Slate Grey manual. I put deposit down without hesitation because color’s one of my all-time faves, but having second thoughts. It too has a plastic interior and no extended range fuel tank.

WHO WOULD BUILD A PTS GT3 WITHOUT LEATHER INTERIOR? Few, if any. I bet these were mistakes. It’s no coincidence two PTS classic colors suddenly come available both missing two such integral options. Dealer tells me that there are three people in line with deposits but not so sure I believe that.

Sounds like a no-brainer at first, but then you start to realize just how poorly done these interiors are without the simple leather interior option. What makes me most nuts is the trim will never match. On standard interior cars, the plastic door trim is part of the door.

Dealer telling me that they ‘put the money into the paint’ yet spec’d LEDs and Bose over the interior. Nonsense.

Old 03-25-2018, 09:49 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

That's fine, except this car has PCCBs and track builds typically have standard steels. This is an absolutely gorgeous car and the ADM is more than fair, it's just surprising full leather was skipped.
Old 03-25-2018, 10:35 AM
ak432
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe
Wow. Now I know of two PTS cars that just ‘became available’ with near identical builds.

I’ve been torturing myself for the past few days on a Slate Grey manual. I put deposit down without hesitation because color’s one of my all-time faves, but having second thoughts. It too has a plastic interior and no extended range fuel tank.

WHO WOULD BUILD A PTS GT3 WITHOUT LEATHER INTERIOR? Few, if any. I bet these were mistakes. It’s no coincidence two PTS classic colors suddenly come available both missing two such integral options. Dealer tells me that there are three people in line with deposits but not so sure I believe that.

Sounds like a no-brainer at first, but then you start to realize just how poorly done these interiors are without the simple leather interior option. What makes me most nuts is the trim will never match. On standard interior cars, the plastic door trim is part of the door.

Dealer telling me that they ‘put the money into the paint’ yet spec’d LEDs and Bose over the interior. Nonsense.

I agree that the build is different than a typical one, but the non-leather interior is actually pretty nice. As stated previously, the stitching (deviated or not) does add some definition and texture and IMO looks good, but I wouldn't let that get in the way of buying this pretty special car.
Old 03-25-2018, 11:10 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,387 Likes on 2,509 Posts

There's some awesome quotable material in here for the other thread on the 991 GT3 Forum!
Old 03-25-2018, 01:18 PM
bluehorseshoe
Three Wheelin'

Received 444 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by Es macht nichts
That's fine, except this car has PCCBs and track builds typically have standard steels. This is an absolutely gorgeous car and the ADM is more than fair, it's just surprising full leather was skipped.
Exactly. Just doesn’t fit the character of the build is all. Easy to justify standard interior for a track build, low option build or for anyone with a dislike or indifference for leather. Some people could care less about interior. To each his own. But to have a three highly optioned PTS builds with standard interior is just odd.
Another member told me that there’s a Mexico Blue also for sale with nearly the same spec. That’s three known PTS builds with standard interior and no FAL.
Old 03-25-2018, 05:01 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 795 Likes on 545 Posts

Bingo!
Old 03-25-2018, 07:06 PM
gellie
Rennlist Member

Received 234 Likes on 116 Posts

True. So why pay up for PTS for a “track” car?
Old 03-25-2018, 08:05 PM
Kevin5236
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I'd be all over this car if I could afford it.
Old 03-25-2018, 09:35 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 795 Likes on 545 Posts

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe

Exactly. Just doesn’t fit the character of the build is all. Easy to justify standard interior for a track build, low option build or for anyone with a dislike or indifference for leather. Some people could care less about interior. To each his own. But to have a three highly optioned PTS builds with standard interior is just odd.
Another member told me that there’s a Mexico Blue also for sale with nearly the same spec. That’s three known PTS builds with standard interior and no FAL.
This one does have FAL. Some people may pay simply because they like the color - whether its track or not. I personally couldn't care less if a GT3 had leather or not. It also doesn't have Burmeister or 28 speakers etc. Now if i were buying a Turbo S or a GTS, it would have leather and the Burm - more GT-like, cars n coffee, date nights etc.
Old 03-25-2018, 09:39 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 677 Likes on 371 Posts

I think the difference for me is this. If you are ordering the car and ACTUALLY keeping it then order whatever the hell you want. These dealer ordered and flipper ordered cars, which this is, makes zero sense in the options they picked.
Old 03-25-2018, 10:15 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Great, basic build. Me likely
Old 03-25-2018, 11:36 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 357 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by goin2drt
I think the difference for me is this. If you are ordering the car and ACTUALLY keeping it then order whatever the hell you want. These dealer ordered and flipper ordered cars, which this is, makes zero sense in the options they picked.
AGREED! Sticking to my 993s
Old 03-26-2018, 11:26 AM
F1tifosi
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 50 Posts

All this chatter about the leather interior on a GT car. Why would you need it and risk having a dollop of Grey Poupon or Beluga caviar accidentally stain the dash?

Bigger issue for me is no Bose. Even on the track, I like to listen to Pink Floyd, U2, or Third Day (sorry Leather Dash kings, not Pavarotti) and the standard radio does not cut it...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PTS RIVERIA BLUE MANUAL GT3