Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1960 356 B T5 Reutter Coupe

Old 05-15-2018, 11:30 PM
shelhart2
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 1960 356 B T5 Reutter Coupe

Year: 1960
Make: Porsche
Model: 0
Cont. Porsche Models: 356
Mileage (numbers only please): 75
Color: Ivory
VIN: 110217
Price (no $ sign please): $85000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 4 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Carbs
Stereo System: None

I took this down as it was supposed to go on BaT. I was candidly jerked around for weeks and finally told them I'd sell myself. Communication was poor and they kept holding me off, essentially, "throttling" my auction to keep competition to minimum. I understand the business model and irritation isn't their model but in the way communication flow went and overpromising without execution. I pulled it the go live today and save someone the hassle of the extra auction fee by eliminating middleman. They required me to take down the Rennlist add prior to it listing last week which is why it went down...

1960 356B/1600 Reutter Coupe
Production completion date: 12/30/1959
Engine #: 601444
Transmission #: 33398
Chassis #: 110217
Exterior paint code: Ivory
Interior color: Red Leatherette
Mileage: approx. 65k reset to zero on 100% restoration. Current mileage less than 100 miles.
Full rotisserie restoration completion date: 3-1-2018
Titled: Clear Fl title in the owner's name

Purchased in 2013 out of Jacksonville Fl. Owner had it 18 years prior (Florida) and was a complete numbers matching car. Car was brought to Orlando and disassembled, categorized, stripped to bare metal, and restored on a rotisserie. Majority of car solid aside from floors, battery box and normal rust prone areas. All replaced with proper panels with minimal glasswork. All metal car with correct metal when replaced. Careful attention to prep of frame, epoxy coating, seam sealing, proper sound deadening, etc. Paint flawless and color returned to factory COA - Ivory. Interior completely redone including carpet, seats, dash, headliner, all re chromed (Space coast plating on East Coast of Fl), gauges completely restored by Palo Alto Speedo (California), and brand new complete wiring harness by YNZ (they do Porsche museum harnesses). Engine and transmission matching numbers and both completely rebuilt ($20k in receipts). Crank replaced with new billet for extra preventative measure. Clutch, exhaust, regulator, battery all new. All brake cylinders, every brake line, master cylinder, suspension, bushings, etc. 100% new. Sway bar slightly larger than original and also have the original sway bar. 5 original (stamped) steel 4.5” wheels (in proper silver finish) plus chrome 5.5” wheels with chrome centers. Gas tank was treated internally and restored to OEM. No radio.

Personally have spent 00’s of hours on the car and took care to do things correctly. Local community of Porsche experts helped in the project. Have most receipts and picture to catalog the journey. Invested well over $75k excluding cost of car and my personal time…. Car located in Orlando. Tried to give a full array of pics to give best perspective possible. I need to do some small things like get steering wheel repainted gloss black, paint oil filter housing proper silver and install correct sticker, and some small details for concours judging. I have a spare 1959 1600 matching engine case and internals as well I never used and many extra parts worth another $5k+. Selling as I have now 6 P cars and already have a "new to me" Gt4 in garage. I want a fair price and not willing to accept low ball numbers so please don't waste either of our time. Hopeful to find right buyer who respects work and will care for it. Can't see it dropping in value and a reasonable investment that is still classy and unique. People of all ages absolutely love it over all the others. shelhart2@gmail.com

Attached Images                          
Old 05-15-2018, 11:40 PM
Moondog4224
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I just had a very poor experience with bring a trailer as well.... they wouldn’t list my track car unless I lowered my auction price to what it cost as a donor car...
they want prices low I guess to show more sales and prop up their numbers....????

beautiful car!!!
GLWS
Old 05-16-2018, 07:42 AM
meteor10
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Very sorry to hear of your bad experience with BaT. I enjoy the site very much as an observer, but they better up their customer service game if they want to keep getting customers.
Old 05-16-2018, 10:47 AM
K964
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

BaT has jumped the shark. Way too many offerings and now parts? Getting greedy. Sold a car there and had bad experience, so never again.

Beautiful car. What is the case number of the 59 spare you have? I’m looking for 72058.

thanks,
mike
Old 05-16-2018, 12:10 PM
shelhart2
Rennlist Member

Default '59 case and internals

Spare case and internals off a '59. Trying to show matching case numbers as pictured. Two cranks as one came out of my car as I replaced proactively with billet. No known issues.

Old 05-16-2018, 01:03 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,729 Likes on 1,057 Posts

I think I saw this when you posted it originally. What a fantastic looking car. I just love the cream / red color combo... MAN I need garage space!!!!

Good luck w/ sale, someone will get a nice one.
Old 05-16-2018, 01:59 PM
Mpoweroo1
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How has this car not sold?!?! Extremely well priced and perfect car. I wish I could dump my Carrera S quick to pick this up.
Old 05-16-2018, 10:09 PM
shelhart2
Rennlist Member

Default ?

Not really sure why it's not sold as I perceive it's fairly priced and certainly have more money than my ask... I haven't posted it anywhere but here and a very brief 356 post. A lot of tire kickers as in with my Cayman S partial track car and a bit odd based on my past selling experiences. Can only equate it to the need to find the "right" buyer and price points (cash) not for everyone...
Old 05-20-2018, 06:54 PM
shelhart2
Rennlist Member

Still for sale and only posted here on Rennlist. BaT actually said they could have listed it last Friday but I declined. It's a nice enough car where I don't need a middleman, especially when the experience was so poor. Evidently, they really don't care.
Old 05-23-2018, 11:08 AM
shelhart2
Rennlist Member

GT4 in garage and registered! Also just sold our home much quicker than anticipated (1 week on market and cash buyer) so will be closing on our new home in 30 days. I'm a bit more motivated to return cash to our bank account No "fire sales" on this labor of love, just indicating I'm more motivated and not putting on BaT. Email me if any interest @ shelhart2@gmail.com.
Old 05-29-2018, 08:21 AM
shelhart2
Rennlist Member

Bump
Old 06-13-2018, 04:11 PM
PSEE
Pro

Received 88 Likes on 71 Posts

beautiful!
Old 06-30-2018, 04:53 PM
LouTalarico
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just went to see this car and it is an excellent restoration. A few details will bring it to concours quality. Seems to be a good value for asking price compared to what I have seen. Unfortunately does not fit my wants at the moment. I have been looking for a really nice driver for over a year and this may be too nice.
Old 06-30-2018, 09:36 PM
shelhart2
Rennlist Member

Thanks Lou! I have been super busy with work ,kids college, and move preparation so haven't put any effort into selling. I also had a small gas leak so ended up replacing the entire gas tank which set me back a week and a half. All good now and I've got almost 200 miles on it. Drove it for 40 minutes at an average 50 mph and all is well. I'm ready again for the right interested buyer.
Old 07-15-2018, 07:40 AM
Dittle
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche for sale

Hello,
I was writing to see if your 356 was still for sale? If so, I would like to discuss. I am looking for a A or B Coupe to maintain & drive. Not a trailer show car. Thanks for your time and look forward to talking about your car.
Sinncerely,
Ted Warren
E: shelbygt350@bellsouth.net
C:318-426-6275

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1960 356 B T5 Reutter Coupe