Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1988 BMW E30 M3 S50B32 + 6-Speed

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 04:07 PM
NicheMo
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1988 BMW E30 M3 S50B32 + 6-Speed

Year: 1988
Make: BMW
Model: M3
Mileage (numbers only please): 130000
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Air Conditioning, Leather Seats, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof
Color: Black
Price (no $ sign please): $69000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Midwestern
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

http://niche-motors.com/inventory/av...s50b32-6-speed

I have decided to part with my M3 after 7 years of ownership. I will be listing it on ebay and other places in the near future with a full photo shoot (sorry for the crummy pictures), but figured I would list it here first. Feel free to message me with any questions. Impeccable condition inside and out....also runs and drives like no other! Would consider a trade +/- cash as well.....Porsche only please

Up for sale is my 1988 BME E30 M3 is Diamond Schwarz Metallic over Black. I bought this car 7 years ago, and it has been a passion project from day 1. Within a week of purchasing the car, it spun a rod bearing, and I sold the original S14 and complete driveline. I then personally sourced a Euro S50B32 + 6-speed in London and acquired the entire driveline from an Evo M3 Donor over there. The ECU was professionally tuned and the EWS system was deleted so there is no worry of ever locking down the motor. The car pushes around 340hp to the crank and turns 8200rpm! The swap was done professionally with no corners (or wires) cut. The Euro engine wire harness was properly pinned out and mated to the factory US chassis harness. EVERY gauge works exactly as it should. The motor itself has roughly 65k miles on it, and all import paperwork is included in the sale. The motor received a quick tune up, valve cover gasket, and a few misc. hoses and seals. The transmission got fresh fluid. The stock Euro headers were slightly modified to clear the E30 M3 firewall and sway bar, then Swaintech White Lightning Ceramic coated. The rest of the exhaust is a custom stainless setup done by Coffey’s Race Prep and Fabrication. No Cats, but there is a resonator section with with V-Bands, so a catalyst could easily be installed. The rear muffler is a Vibrant. This this sounds like a DTM car! The AC system is 100% new and blows ice cold (R134a) custom lines. The suspension is a fully adjustable and fully rebuilt Pro-Track setup with remote reservoirs. GC fully adjustable camber plates, and a very nice Eibach street spring package (helper springs added) new front coated hubs and wheel bearings too. The stock suspension is included in the sale. The front brakes are E36 M3 brakes, rebuilt and powder coated calipers, cross drilled rotors, and the braking system was converted to a manual setup from “Massive” in order to fit the stock intake on the Euro motor. Rear brakes are stock. I had a custom skid plate made and installed to protect the motor. Front strut brace. Rear custom shock tower brace that ties into the floor to the rear suspension being converted to a true coilover with the current suspension setup. The rear end is the stock small case 4.10 LSD. I have a Medium Case 3.23 LSD from a Z3M, as well as Z3M rear control arms, brakes, and axles that I was planning on swapping into the car, but have lost the steam to keep going with it. The Z3M parts need fresher up, the diff is ready to go. (The Z3M parts will be included in the sale for the right price.)I had the BBS wheels shipped from Spain and fully refurbished. They are the 2-piece wheels with forged centers that original vape on the Euro E36 M3 Evo cars. Brand new Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires. The interior is nearly brand new. I had a brand new (OEM BMW) Dash and Carpet Kit installed. Custom Recaro A8 seats made and shipped from Germany. Alcantara M-Tech 2 385mm Steering Wheel. ZHP Style 6-Speed shift ****. Original, and very nice rear seats and headliner in-tact. The Exterior of the car is nearly flawless with a complete Glass out repaint about 2 years ago (only 200 miles on the car since) When the paint was done, all jambs were done, so there are no tape lines on the car. At that time I had the windshield and gasket replaced, door window rubber replaced, and rear glass trim replaced. I also had new OEM emblems installed after paint. I let the paint cure for a full year on the car before I had it completely paint corrected (wet sanded and leveled) then coated with Ceramic Pro. The paint is amazing! There is WAY to much to list on this car, including all of the gaskets, lines, mounts, control arms, gas lines, brake lines, etc, etc, etc that have all been replaced. ….It is truly a special car that I hate to let go, but it’s time for a change. The car has absolutely ZERO rust, clean title, etc. There are hand full of very small items that I have never addressed, but no major needs. Those items include, the fog lights are INOP and have been since I got the car, Brake pad warning light is on but sensor is new. 1 small oil leak that leaves a drop here and there. Much of the truck side paneling is out due too the rear strut brace. I have all the pieces except the floor fabric. Loads of spare parts come with this car. This car runs phenomenally, drives tight and smooth, and turns heads everywhere it goes. I hate to see it go. Please call or e-mail if you have any questions.
Attached Images           

Last edited by NicheMo; 05-13-2017 at 11:55 AM.
Old 05-01-2017, 02:37 PM
importautosales
Track Day

Holy SH*T
Old 05-01-2017, 03:28 PM
Hoyt
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Very nice.... good luck!
Old 05-01-2017, 04:32 PM
Misplacedyankee
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Beautiful car - Stunning color.
Old 05-01-2017, 04:59 PM
993Brendan
Drifting

Received 54 Likes on 18 Posts

I've seen this car up close and personal- it is beautiful. Wish I had those A8 seats for my 993!
Old 05-01-2017, 08:21 PM
ginch
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 77 Posts

Damn that's beautiful!!!!!
Old 05-01-2017, 10:56 PM
Modena 1
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

How much. I can't see Ty
Old 05-02-2017, 08:26 AM
lee88
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 19 Posts

Sweet build, GLWS.

Approx how many miles has the car covered since the motor / trans / suspension built this way? What's the ride and handling like? Wasn't sure if you used this primarily as a road car or for track days and such.
Old 05-02-2017, 08:59 AM
NicheMo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by lee88
Sweet build, GLWS.

Approx how many miles has the car covered since the motor / trans / suspension built this way? What's the ride and handling like? Wasn't sure if you used this primarily as a road car or for track days and such.
The suspension, paint, and interior only have about 200 miles on it. (Haven't driven in much in the last couple years) The motor swap was done 3 1/2 years ago and I've put roughly 2500miles on it. The handling is super tight, but not too firm. However, with the remote reservoirs there is a lot of adjustment either direction, firmer or softer. Also forgot to mention that this car has NEVER BEEN TRACKED!
Old 05-02-2017, 09:03 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,370 Likes on 793 Posts

shame the original motor had to go, but nice enough replacement
Old 05-02-2017, 10:52 PM
CarreraX
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
shame the original motor had to go, but nice enough replacement
I would have definitely kept the original motor but as an owner of an immaculate E30 M3, the power of an S50B32 would be fun! GLWS!
Old 05-03-2017, 10:40 AM
NicheMo
Intermediate

Would have loved to keep the S14 as well, but at the time, I needed it to fund the new motor
Old 05-03-2017, 12:36 PM
porschefan305
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

PM Sent
Old 05-03-2017, 02:24 PM
911F1
Rennlist Member

Received 310 Likes on 192 Posts

Glad to see you retained the A/C with the motor swap. Most don't go the extra mile to retain it. Hats off to you on a awesome build. GLWS!
Old 05-04-2017, 12:18 AM
Motorama
Intermediate

Beautiful car & it looks properly converted with quality components.

I own a '90 E30 sedan with the same motor transplant & full E30 M3 underpinnings. Super quick & tossable light cars that are incredibly fun to drive. A/C (which mine also has) allows you to enjoy them all year round.

GLWS

Quick Reply: 1988 BMW E30 M3 S50B32 + 6-Speed